lolcopter

KJ Hamler 2020 Outlook

On 9/24/2020 at 6:01 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Well, hello there Mr. Hamler.

Did you think I did not notice your 7 targets from Jeff Driskell last week?

Well, I'd like you to know that I noticed and I've scooped you in several leagues because when I played college fantasy football you absolutely destroyed me with big play after big play when you were with Penn State. You are what I wanted Jalen Reagor to be, and he still might be, but not early this season.

You only caught 3 of your 7 targets for 48 yards but you had a rushing attempt for 9 yards and 18 kick return yards in your first ever NFL game with a backup QB. 8 targets/touches with kick return duties.

I see you Mr. Hamler 👀

For those that didn't see some of his game at Penn State, check out how he leaps and catches in traffic.

I had Laviska Shenault and went against Hamler in the college football fantasy finals and Hamler was unstoppable.

"There goes KJ for the payday"

@pastorofmuppets2   Fuhgetaboutit

I wish they showed the replay of him actually running the routes. It seems like half of the plays were busted coverages? Am I wrong? Is he just out running the defense? Is he a straight line speed guy or can he really run routes. I'm just not seeing it here.

Edited by nonstopfan

Man, I kinda hope Jeudy plays so I don't get the urge to start him and we accurately see his value/usage going forward. He can go off on our bench!

Edited by TonyRomo

1 hour ago, TonyRomo said:

Man, I kinda hope Jeudy plays so I don't get the urge to start him and we accurately see his value/usage going forward. He can go off on our bench!

I'd be more incline towards using him if Jeudy did play. He would see the weaker coverage imo. Driskel did target him seven times so there's that. But the Bucs D is pretty good. We may not see a breakout this week but shortly. If you have injuries he definitely a flex guy to plug in.

• Like 2

He’s going to be a top waiver wire add for week 4.... he’s gonna get his opportunity this week. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, kco734 said:

He’s going to be a top waiver wire add for week 4.... he’s gonna get his opportunity this week. 

Looks like he slotted right into the downfield burner role for Sutton and had immediate opportunity and air yards. I agree- worth a speculative upside add 

• Like 2

Im on the hype train! I picked him up yesterday. I really liked what I saw last week against a tough Pitt D. Let's see how he fares today. TB secondary isn't great, I think DJ Moore and Robby both had 100 yard days last week

5 targets. 3 catches for 30 yards. 1 rush for -2. In a game they lost 10-28. He's not worth looking at in most leagues until Lock comes back.

1 minute ago, AnonymousRob said:

5 targets. 3 catches for 30 yards. 1 rush for -2. In a game they lost 10-28. He's not worth looking at in most leagues until Lock comes back.

+ 1 

Until Lock is back look elsewhere. 

I thought Driskel would air it out but he was benched.  Yeah, turns out Isabella was the better play this week...and probably the season - due to QB/number of plays run - even if the target % share may favor Hamler.  Things change fast in the NFL.  Before this week, I though Isabella might see relatively few targets in the Arizona offense.  Now, he may have earned them.