The G Man

Laviska Shenault 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

27 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

Anyone brave enough to start him this week vs Tennessee? 

I may be forced to start him this week. If Godwin doesn't play I'm starting Scotty Miller, but otherwise it's Viska time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, thefranchise3 said:

I may be forced to start him this week. If Godwin doesn't play I'm starting Scotty Miller, but otherwise it's Viska time.

Godwin is playing

Edited by cdd10
Oops, read wrong sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2020 at 11:09 AM, RoseLin23 said:

What other players in the past have had multiple positional options to their name? Percy Harvin? I don't recall.

Also, I know Laviska was used in the Wildcat in college. Has he ever thrown any passes? That would be sick if he pulled a CMC and threw a touchdown pass!

Think Cordarelle Patterson and D'Anthony Thomas had WR/RB designations 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't decide whether to hang on to Chase Edmonds or add someone exciting like this to my bench.  Its fun having players like Shenault on your team!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HTXMade said:

Anyone brave enough to start him this week vs Tennessee? 

It’s not about bravery it’s about desperation but he’ll be out there for me. I guess you just hope for a big play. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kdko said:

Can't decide whether to hang on to Chase Edmonds or add someone exciting like this to my bench.  Its fun having players like Shenault on your team!

 

I was in the same boat.  I went with Shenault since I need more help at WR.  Edmonds got scooped off of waivers.  But until Drake gets hurt Edmonds has a low ceiling for points.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thefranchise3 said:

I may be forced to start him this week. If Godwin doesn't play I'm starting Scotty Miller, but otherwise it's Viska time.

 

1 hour ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

It’s not about bravery it’s about desperation but he’ll be out there for me. I guess you just hope for a big play. 

 

Same here, Golladay is out & Godwin is on the wrong side of Doubtful. Both my stud wideouts ... ahhhh

This is the 2nd Week I'm forced to start him.

Let's pray he finds the end zone again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Laviska still on ww, would you guys drop either b cooks or lazard for shenault? 

 

Also have Akers, j rob, Hines, Montgomery  on bench but don't think any of them are droppable 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lazard I suppose.  I am hopeful on shenault but at best he will be a low wr2 right?  Jags can’t support that many fantasy players I assume and he will be a fill in flex most likely?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, caskerbox said:

Laviska still on ww, would you guys drop either b cooks or lazard for shenault? 

 

Also have Akers, j rob, Hines, Montgomery  on bench but don't think any of them are droppable 

I wouldn't drop Cooks yet but lazard would be your only option unless that Montgomery is TY. Which I highly doubt it's Ty Montgomery

Also if it helps any I picked up Shenault over Lazard and every other WW pickup of the week. Him & Aiyuk are the two I liked the most for huge upside

Edited by Eaglesflyhigh11
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

I wouldn't drop Cooks yet but lazard would be your only option unless that Montgomery is TY. Which I highly doubt it's Ty Montgomery

Also if it helps any I picked up Shenault over Lazard and every other WW pickup of the week. Him & Aiyuk are the two I liked the most for huge upside

Yeah David mont, and yeah I guess lazard would be the best to drop.. That's my debate rn thanks tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, HTXMade said:

Anyone brave enough to start him this week vs Tennessee? 

 

I am. I'm flexing him in a 2 flex league (not superflex). He's my 2nd flex, so I guess I wouldn't if I didn't have that second flex spot to fill. BUT...I may actually have to slide him into one of my 2 WR spots if Godwin and Parker don't play. Not trying to be too CSB, but just to give you an idea, yes...I do think he's startable if you're dealing with some injuries like me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The G Man said:

 

I am. I'm flexing him in a 2 flex league (not superflex). He's my 2nd flex, so I guess I wouldn't if I didn't have that second flex spot to fill. BUT...I may actually have to slide him into one of my 2 WR spots if Godwin and Parker don't play. Not trying to be too CSB, but just to give you an idea, yes...I do think he's startable if you're dealing with some injuries like me. 

 

Let's hope for the best man. I'd like to see his snap counts go up.

Which I think it will, that was only his first game as a rookie.

I'm worried if slot receiver Dede Westbrook will suit up for this contest. He was a healthy scratch in week 1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way to look at the Lazard/Shenault situation is that Lazard has more value now but Shenault's value should continue to grow as the season continues. It remains to be seen who has a higher ceiling for 2020. Lazard can be significantly impacted by any injury to MVS or Davante. Shenault has many many more paths to production, all depends on the confidence of the coaching staff. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, kdko said:

Can't decide whether to hang on to Chase Edmonds or add someone exciting like this to my bench.  Its fun having players like Shenault on your team!

 

 

Edmonds if you like winning, Shenault if you like football

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not too shabby, not too shabby at all.   5 rush attempts + 4 targets

Seems like they're slowly upping his usage. 

He's just so versatile, you love to see to it.  

Plays RB + WR , and some snaps at wildcat QB.  That's fantasy gold. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

usage improving...gonna take a few more weeks before he be a weekly start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is their any threshold in yahoo about position eligibility? Or is it just random? 

5 carries this week. Would be huge to get that dual eligibility (selfishly for me because I have no depth beyond my starter lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, fourstar said:

Is their any threshold in yahoo about position eligibility? Or is it just random? 

5 carries this week. Would be huge to get that dual eligibility (selfishly for me because I have no depth beyond my starter lol)

I think the team has to report him on the depth chart as a RB. That was what happened with TyMont when GB was battling a bunch of RB injuries.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, whitekenyan24 said:

I think the team has to report him on the depth chart as a RB. That was what happened with TyMont when GB was battling a bunch of RB injuries.


That makes sense, thanks. Not gonna happen then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, hubbell525 said:

Haven't watched a Jags game. Are his carries actual handoffs or are they jet sweeps?

 

he's doing more running from the wildcat than sweeps ... he's taking legit backfield snaps, not just gimmicky tosses - there are "gadget" players, and then there are versatile weapons ...

Shinno-Go! be the latter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.