The G Man

Laviska Shenault 2020 Outlook

Actual handoffs .. He’s used in a variety of ways and can possibly score on any given touch. His route running is impressive for a rook not to mention his enormous size .. The Jags struck gold with their rookies in JRob and Hasta Laviska SheNaughty 

Love his game, esp coming out of CU.

A taller, Percy Harvin for the modern NFL. Ceiling game this week potentially; I think there is a higher than 0 chance he gets in a rushing TD, a receiving and 100 scrimmage yards. Fingers crossed. 

40 minutes ago, Soafanforlife said:

Love his game, esp coming out of CU.

A taller, Percy Harvin for the modern NFL. Ceiling game this week potentially; I think there is a higher than 0 chance he gets in a rushing TD, a receiving and 100 scrimmage yards. Fingers crossed. 

Anyone else you think has a higher than 0 chance to score a TD this weekend? I want to get them plugged into the starting lineup ASAP!

• Haha 2

Pretty nice game log through his first two pro games. More carries than receptions so far. I figured he would come into his own with a nice floor in PPR but I couldn't imagine he'd be getting this kind of usage. I'm glad I loaded up on multiple shares of this guy. 

It would be amazing if he could somehow end up with dual eligibility, but that is always a longshot. 

Due to injuries I'll be rolling him out as my WR3 this week. Snap percentage went down last week, but usage went up. 5 touches week 1, 7 in week 2. Hope we get closer to 10 and that he breaks a long one.

Like an idiot I mistakenly dropped him in an effort pick up an extra quarterback I made waiver claims for both Tannehill and Minshew and of course both ended up going through and that was an error on my part and now I lost this player. The only slight saving grace is that they play on Thursday so no one can pick him up this week I always have a chance to get him back next week.

Picked up for free today as waivers cleared.  Was eyeing him last week.  I loved the talent but did not understand whether the opportunity was there.  Seems like Minshew is gonna be a solid QB for the Jags and do his best to screw up their Trevor Lawrence aspirations.  Anyways, this dude looks like he grinds and that is the quickest way to my fantasy heart is to be a flat out baller grinder.  

• Like 3

You love to root for the kid, it's fun having him on your squad.

But the way his usage is trending up he could easily turn into a must start WR3 / Flex play. 

And if you have him in standard leagues like me, he's even more valuable. Half his touches come from rush attempts  

• Like 2

Would you guys consider picking him up and dropping a guy like John Brown or Landry? 

Two proven commodities in which we know what their ceilings are. Vs a guy like Laviska...whose ceiling is still climbing? 

7 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Would you guys consider picking him up and dropping a guy like John Brown or Landry? 

Two proven commodities in which we know what their ceilings are. Vs a guy like Laviska...whose ceiling is still climbing? 

Not a chance.

9 minutes ago, Tenner said:

For Brown? No.

For Landry? Yes. 

12 hours ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

It would be amazing if he could somehow end up with dual eligibility, but that is always a longshot. 

3 hours ago, FantasyFiend said:

any chance Yahoo adds the RB eligibility to Shenault?

I'm all for it either way, but I never really understood the train of thought here. A slotted WR that gets RB snaps is pretty much always more valuable than a slotted RB who gets WR snaps with few exceptions (Ekeler). You're two starting RB slots should be filled with actual RBs getting the majority of backfield touches, even for PPR. A player like Shenault is an ideal flex and hopefully works himself up to a WR2.

I mean, I guess everything depends on rosters, league settings, and the like. But I'd prefer to have Shenault (and similar players) in at WR or flex over RB pretty much all the time, standard and PPR.

• Like 3

This guy is a great pickup this week. If we don't see the usage rate or splash plays versus Miami, then he's a drop. Shouldn't cost anyone anything because its a Thursday night game too. I picked up this morning and will hold on my bench.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

I'm all for it either way, but I never really understood the train of thought here. A slotted WR that gets RB snaps is pretty much always more valuable than a slotted RB who gets WR snaps with few exceptions (Ekeler). You're two starting RB slots should be filled with actual RBs getting the majority of backfield touches, even for PPR. A player like Shenault is an ideal flex and hopefully works himself up to a WR2.

I mean, I guess everything depends on rosters, league settings, and the like. But I'd prefer to have Shenault (and similar players) in at WR or flex over RB pretty much all the time, standard and PPR.

You love to see it, sprinkled in RB production from your WR slot.

That my friend is a very low-key advantage.

But in my Flex spot I always prefer to have an RB { standard or ppr } Unless you have trash players, than the next best WR / TE will do. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

disagree. atleast in ppr.

rb2 <  wr2 consistently week to week. if you have the option to throw a wr2/3 in at rb2 and then open up a flex/wr3 spot for another wr then that is a nice advantage. (ppr)

scoring settings do matter like you said. standard get as many rb touches in ur rb/flex spots as possible

27ish pts is top 20 rb in full ppr through 2 weeks

30 pts in top 20 wr

197-200 pts top 20 rb last year

220 pts for top 20 wr last year

180 pts for top 20 rb 2018

207 pts for top 20 wr 2018

(gp not taken into account here so just went off total pts)

then you have to factor in the flexibility shenault offers if he gets that rb for bye weeks and inj.

roster flexability is never a bad thing

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vendetta said:

Going to be hard to keep benched if Chark ends up sitting out this week.

why even put this out  there, there has been zero indication that Chark's situation is serious and he is in danger of missing the week

Edited by Panthor
  • Like 1

Would be nice if yahoo added RB eligibility considering all the injuries I have had so far and anticipate more with this crappy season.  Anyone know the likelihood of that happening?

Should I drop Dallas Goedert for Shenault? I have Darren Waller as my TE1 and I took a hit at WR with injuries. I had Parris Campbell and have Michael Thomas, Cooper Kupp, Russell Gage at WR.

Yep, he's my Thursday night game pickup this week. If he doesn't do anything there's a few guys on the wire I can flip him for this weekend

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

Would be nice if yahoo added RB eligibility considering all the injuries I have had so far and anticipate more with this crappy season.  Anyone know the likelihood of that happening?

About zero. JAX actually has to report him as a RB on its official depth chart.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, whitekenyan24 said:

About zero. JAX actually has to report him as a RB on its official depth chart.

Not that I need him at RB, but anyone friends with the Jaguars media intern?

Just now, thefranchise3 said:

Not that I need him at RB, but anyone friends with the Jaguars media intern?

isn't Jagsfan one of the owners?  he knows things. 

😅😅