The G Man

Laviska Shenault 2020 Outlook

1 minute ago, acn1315 said:

1 carry for 1 yard. Guessing we won’t see as many posts this week asking when Yahoo is going to give him RB eligibility.

Hahaha I was right suckers! Once Chark is back he'll be back to the bench :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, owenmills said:

I follow targets/touches in fantasy. They just don't seem to be there. He got 7 tonight(6 targets, 1 carry). Even if he'd gotten the 3-4 carries people were hoping for he's only at 10-11. The targets were really spread out amongst a bunch of receivers, and Chark wasn't even playing. To make matters worse he looks a little slow, so I'm guessing most of his targets are going to be the short variety resulting in a lot of 5-33 receiving lines like tonight. Are we just praying for a TD to punch him into double digits? I just don't really see the upside. 

I'm afraid you're right, he does look a little slow for a WR. He's a WR in an RB body. Probably would have a better future in the league as an RB but he was injured a lot in college so maybe couldn't handle the punishment.

Minshew was hot garbage tonight, but he had zero time in the pocket.  Chark wouldn't have helped with that. It was an ugly game for the jags passing attack all around. Minshew only had enough time for quick throws and didn't make any plays that weren't there. It was a bit of a reality check for the jaguars fantasy prospects.

Robinson is solid though. Laviska could be special, but he'll need to touch the ball more. Most of his yardage tonight was on one impressive run after a catch in traffic. They need to continue to find ways to get him the ball, getting absolutely dominated by the dolphins didn't help in that regard.

5 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Minshew was hot garbage tonight, but he had zero time in the pocket.  Chark wouldn't have helped with that. It was an ugly game for the jags passing attack all around. Minshew only had enough time for quick throws and didn't make any plays that weren't there. It was a bit of a reality check for the jaguars fantasy prospects.

Robinson is solid though. Laviska could be special, but he'll need to touch the ball more. Most of his yardage tonight was on one impressive run after a catch in traffic. They need to continue to find ways to get him the ball, getting absolutely dominated by the dolphins didn't help in that regard.

Seems like a lot of quick throws should favor Shenault since most of his targets come within 10 yards of the LOS

Minshew killed so many drives tonight, but Lavishka didn't show me too much after the catch either.  We need Chark back to open up the field.  Still a hold, and even play at times for us in deeper leagues and riddled by injury!

Anyone have snap counts yet? Trying to find the positive. 

6 minutes ago, CooL said:

Anyone have snap counts yet? Trying to find the positive. 

45 of 66

Conley played 53. Cole played 50.

Edited by MrCantaloupe
  • Thanks 2

I talked myself into flexing him over Golladay. And as a Jags fan, I KNEW it would backfire. I just can’t help myself with this franchise.

gawd I hate myself right now

All the stars aligned for him to have a great week. Minshew was not good, but they didn’t even try anything creative to get him more involved. Very strange.

• Like 2

Chark wouldn’t have helped at all tonight. Minshew had very little time while the pocket collapsed on him everytime he dropped back. When Minshew did have time his throws were off or locked on others, James Robinson was the only bright spot I seen. Just picked up Sheanult today but didn’t start him, besides the targets I liked what I seen, but he needs more looks for me to even consider him in the starting lineup. Overall was expecting more usage and better #’s but he passed the eye test for sure, Minshew and Oline effected his output in my eyes. 

Minshew, the o-line, and the play calling were just terrible. It didn't seem like Minshew was looking his way at all when he scrambled out of the pocket.  And the lack of any creative gadget plays was concerning. Especially coming against Miami who had looked terrible in their previous 2 games (and missing Byron Jones).  Sadly Shenault is gonna be glued to my bench until this offense gets him more involved.  Just hope his dud doesn't cost me my week as I watch Gage or Wilson Jr. go off on my bench...

Edited by TheINC

3 hours ago, Theschmidt said:

I talked myself into flexing him over Golladay. And as a Jags fan, I KNEW it would backfire. I just can’t help myself with this franchise.

gawd I hate myself right now

All the stars aligned for him to have a great week. Minshew was not good, but they didn’t even try anything creative to get him more involved. Very strange.

You should be more upset at the fact that you flexed him rather than put him in your WR slot. 

• Haha 5

No shenault

The play resulted in shenault gain

Shenault have started him

Shenault & 3 to start the year

The shenault must go on

Just spit-balling some new team names for you guys

Us reacting to Jags 2020

1. omg they’re gonna be 0-16 trash!

2. Omg the moustache they rule woot woot!

3. Omg they’re trash drop em. Drop em all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smeeze said:

No shenault

The play resulted in shenault gain

Shenault have started him

Shenault & 3 to start the year

The shenault must go on

Just spit-balling some new team names for you guys

Everyone seems to like Hasta Laviska but it needs to be...

Full-On Shenault

or

Shenault and Battery

Edited by this guy right here

Rotoworld hype train out of control? What could go wrong. It was quite literally the reason I did not put him in my lineup last night. 😂

Early on, it did seem he was Mania's first read (when in), and it did appear they were scheming to get it into his hands. At halftime, he had a halfway decent line before disappearing 2nd half (wow that was a lot of "half"). I don't know if they blew their wad early, and that's all they had drawn up for him, or if it was gamescript, but better days are ahead. He was wide open on more than a few plays that Mania, who looked pretty terrible last night outside of the short game, decided to airmail downfield instead.

I had no intentions of starting him last night. This is like the Zack Moss situation where you are holding for a few weeks as he finishes out pre-season. Remember, these are still rookies in their first meaningful action in the NFL ever. Coaches are still feeling out what he can and cannot do. No preseason is a bigger factor than folks here want to pretend, especially for guys like Shenault, who have more complex roles in the offense. Still very excited by the physicality and the ability to make contested catches. That catch over the middle, where he had a defender's hand in his face and got hit from either side as he caught the ball, was incredible; shrugged both hits off and took some serious YAC. Firm hold for me.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2