The G Man

Laviska Shenault 2020 Outlook

The fact that he didn't play in the hurry up really killed him on a few drives. Not sure what the staff sees in Conley over him. Will just hold and see what happens. 

4 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

The fact that he didn't play in the hurry up really killed him on a few drives. Not sure what the staff sees in Conley over him. Will just hold and see what happens. 

Conley was almost unspeakably bad last night.  Dropping three passes that hit him right in the hands, failing to track down that wide-open TD pass, and I just read that Conley ran a poor route on the play Minshew was intercepted.  After the Jags CS watch the tape (if they even need to), Conley is going to get dialed back.

That does not necessarily mean Shenault will play more.  They also have Westrbook and Cole and Chark should be back soon.  The Jags CS seems to view him as a gadget player, not an offensive feature.

• Like 1

Well - back the the WW he goes.  Had a perfect game script from behind all game and he wasn’t even on the field too many times in obvious passing situations.  And this was with Chark out.  I mean Chris freaking Conley got more looks?  Really?

Edited by Texansfan
  • Like 1

Shenault clearly was not a big part of the gameplan last night.  Perhaps that will change going forward.

Shenault looked slow. 1 catch he had he should have cut up field and would have had a big game. I stead he tried to get around the edge couldn't and got  a much shorter gain. He is not fast or making sharp cuts he is strong so if he has space he will break tackles. Easy drop

Cannot believe I fell for the Rotoworld hype train again smh. Started this cat over Slayton and Cooks, might cost me my matchup. Fool me once, shame on me, Fool me twice, shame on me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

People holding in yahoo leagues? I have to send him back to the wire for another stash this weekend especially with so many RBs going down every week. I'm not sure he won't be on my team again later this year though. 

Just now, owenmills said:

People holding in yahoo leagues? I have to send him back to the wire for another stash this weekend especially with so many RBs going down every week. I'm not sure he won't be on my team again later this year though. 

I'm holding since the only position I really need is WR and there is really nobody else on the wire in my league. I'm hoping to trade for a WR soon so I can drop him.

I really blame Minshew. There were multiple times in the game where Minshew would have multiple receivers open short. He would often take a deep shot or go to another option. You can argue to me the former, but why, why would you go to a TE when you have a YAC hero right there, waiting to inflate your stats. Doesn't make any sense to me. I think a more experienced QB would get this. After the third miscue, it was time to stop going to Chris Conley. Clearly. 

Still like Shenault. He looked good when thrown to. He'll get better as the season goes on. Monitor on bench. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MKO3090 said:

I really blame Minshew. There were multiple times in the game where Minshew would have multiple receivers open short. He would often take a deep shot or go to another option. You can argue to me the former, but why, why would you go to a TE when you have a YAC hero right there, waiting to inflate your stats. Doesn't make any sense to me. I think a more experienced QB would get this. After the third miscue, it was time to stop going to Chris Conley. Clearly. 

Still like Shenault. He looked good when thrown to. He'll get better as the season goes on. Monitor on bench. 

This. 

1 hour ago, MKO3090 said:

saw the same thing, does minshew not see the film on the sideline or during halftime? or is he just trying to get on the highlight reel. experts hyping him all week got to his head.

I still think he's a hold but won't be starting again for a while. His targets/touches have been pretty low value (short dumps near the LOS) and Minshew spreads it around a lot. It's too early to bail on a rookie with so much talent though (who didn't have a preseason no less). 

The hoax.

Now watch Will Fuller blow up on my bench this week. Guaranteed  

last week the mummified magick foosball corpse of Todd Gurley bagged me 6 pernts in my flex, on 21 touches. 

Shinno-Go! got me 8, on 7 touches.

not world beating, and - yes, disappointing ... the juice didn't match the squeeze, ya know?

but ish happens ... i had other more attractive options than Gurley or Hasta Laviska, but i rolled the dice (and RB1son bailed my tuchus out bigly).

meh, no regrets ... i stand by my decision, no matter how it winds up playing out. 

definite HODL for me ✌

• Like 1

Everyone had high expectations for Sheanult going into this game and I’m one of them but I kept him on my bench as a wait and see. From what I seen last night he was exploding off the line and running great routes, he was open almost every time, problem was is that the Oline was collapsing on Minshew or he just was targeting other WRs. For me I like what I seen except for given the opportunity. No way I would drop this kid unless u absolutely have to. Be patient, I’m pretty sure after the team watches the film they will see he was open and available to make things happen. Conley will be an afterthought after his horrible performance. Btw I watched the game 2x and it’s very clear this kid has it, he just needs to be targeted.

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 1

Last night's failure was on the coaches.

They put no effort into game planning, and didn't adjust at all.

Dolphins slot corner is a rookie and got torched last week.  They didn't take advantage of that at all.

They schemed for Conley, and Conley was terrible. 

Not one screen pass for Shenault, when that should be his forte.

It's almost like Gruden ran a vanilla offense so as not to show his hand on national TV.

Which is stupid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm surprised by the reaction in this thread. He certainly didn't give me what I was hoping for, but 5 catches is nothing to sneeze at. Given what happened in the game and the way Miami controlled the ball in the first half, does this not feel like a floor game?

19 hours ago, Hoozenabunker said:

Firing him up. He's hungry, they're ready to feed him, and there's nowhere on the field he can't eat.

Embrace Risk with Lavisk, All Aboard for the Reward 🚂

I regret nothing. Better to have Lav'd and lost, than never to have Lav'd at all.

Disappointing for sure, but the train hasn't reached Drop City yet. On my bench until after we see how involved he is in the week 4 gameplan.

• Haha 2

He is clearly a hold. If your expectations were 20 PPR pts or bust for a rookie WR in week 3, you've never played fantasy football.

Conley looked terrible and Cole is JAG. Chark returning will open up some space for Laviska to do some work--the kid just needs more opportunity and more creative gameplanning, which should come in time. 11 more weeks to go of regular season fantasy football. I don't think we've seen the best of Shenault this year quite yet--not even close--but he's a rookie WR who is at best the second receiver on a middling offense. He's not going to be a league winner, as most rookie WRs aren't. But he might grow into a decent flex with WR2 upside some weeks.

21 hours ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

This thread is going to be hilarious after he flops tonight lol. I like this kid but what a strange hype train. 

Well that was predictable....

• Thanks 1