Now away with you

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Here's a cookie.

Now away with you

What kind is it? Oatmeal raisin would be lovely

• Haha 1

Not sure what to make of the Jags.  LS looked fine.  Had a few more opportunities to bump his points up but....Gardner was providing plenty of reason to go for the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.

Such a disappointing performance.

Negative game script all the way, and only 4 catches. Didn't get more volume despite no Chark.

This game proved that both Shenault and Cole benefit from the presence of Chark. Chark's absence hurt their production.

Chark is the only true #1 WR on this JAX team. 

Shenault and Cole are just 2nd and 3rd WRs who rely on their #1 WR to dictate the coverage.

• Like 1

I mean they killed plenty of their own drives... i am shocked they weren't like lets lean on Cole and shenault see if they can bust it out..

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Denard “Shoelace” Robinson 2.0

Shenault seems a lot stronger than Denard Robinson was...

I was big on Deebo Samuel in 2019, drafted him to my team and held onto him for the earlier point of the season.

Deebo's 2019 Game Log:

Week 1 - 3 catches, 17 receiving yards

Week 2 - 7 catches, 86 receiving yards, 1 TD, 2 carries, 7 rushing  yards

Week 3 - 4 catches, 44 receiving yards 

Week 4 - 1 catches, 3 receiving yards

Week 5 - 5 catches, 18 receiving yards

But then I decided by Week 5 he was too raw as receiver to be productive, despite his 'home run ability' and missed out on his 2nd half breakout.

Shenault's 2020 Game Log

Week 1 - 3 catches, 37 receiving yards, 2 carries, 10 rushing yards, 1 TD,

Week 2 - 3 catches, 35 receiving yards, 5 carries, 37 rushing yards (72 total yards)

Week 3 - 5 catches, 33 receiving yards

As it stands, Shenault's start to the season is eerily similar to Deebo's and while the Jags aren't the 49ers and his coach isn't Kyle Shanahan, there's reason to believe he could eventually make a major impact as a dual threat. Don't make the mistake of giving up on him.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, PhilaFanBoy said:

I was big on Deebo Samuel in 2019, drafted him to my team and held onto him for the earlier point of the season.

Deebo's 2019 Game Log:

Week 1 - 3 catches, 17 receiving yards

Week 2 - 7 catches, 86 receiving yards, 1 TD, 2 carries, 7 rushing  yards

Week 3 - 4 catches, 44 receiving yards 

Week 4 - 1 catches, 3 receiving yards

Week 5 - 5 catches, 18 receiving yards

But then I decided by Week 5 he was too raw as receiver to be productive, despite his 'home run ability' and missed out on his 2nd half breakout.

Shenault's 2020 Game Log

Week 1 - 3 catches, 37 receiving yards, 2 carries, 10 rushing yards, 1 TD,

Week 2 - 3 catches, 35 receiving yards, 5 carries, 37 rushing yards (72 total yards)

Week 3 - 5 catches, 33 receiving yards

As it stands, Shenault's start to the season is eerily similar to Deebo's and while the Jags aren't the 49ers and his coach isn't Kyle Shanahan, there's reason to believe he could eventually make a major impact as a dual threat. Don't make the mistake of giving up on him.

We're not giving up on him, but Thursday Night was a prime opportunity for him to establish himself, and he failed. National television, playing at home on TNF, #1 WR Chark out, facing the Dolphins without Byron Jones....Shenault had a golden opportunity to make a name for himself and he really did not come through at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

We're not giving up on him, but Thursday Night was a prime opportunity for him to establish himself, and he failed. National television, playing at home on TNF, #1 WR Chark out, facing the Dolphins without Byron Jones....Shenault had a golden opportunity to make a name for himself and he really did not come through at all.

He can't throw himself the ball. If he could I think he probably would. If you rewatch just a few of the plays where he went beyond 5 yards he was open by like 3-5 yards on quite a bunch. The one he would of scored when he was in the slot on the right side

GM just sucked hard last night and his reads were just as bad. Play calling or not Conley shouldn't be a first or second read in any scheme

Edited by Eaglesflyhigh11
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, BeastOfTheLeast said:

This is James Robinsons offense now. Shenault looked like a bye week plug in who won't get established as a focal point any time soon

Harsh but appears accurate based on what we have seen so far.  I will hold for another week or two.  Cincy is even worse than Miami with Atkins and Daniels out, and they are up next...

• Like 1

He's at the end of the bench but didn't do himself any favors with chark out. There isn't much on the wire better so he's a hopeful hold at this point

Hope he doesn't end up that way but how can you be confident starting him unless multiple wr injuries happen or bye week?

James Robinson did all the running and was also involved in the passing game and when chark returns it'll likely be chark and cole getting the lions share. Hopefully he doesn't end up being the next rotoworld overhyped rookie darling who disappoints but it's not looking good so far

Gotta double down on the Conley nonesense...just brutal.  I'll give em one drop, hell even two...but they just kept trying to feed him...to their detriment.  Rotoworld says he got 8 targets (which is already too many) but sure felt like 10-15.  Nice jobs JAGs.  TIp of the cap to that defense also who couldnt get off the field.  On a better team, Viska might be our guy but after last night against MIA, you gotta be desperate or ballsy to throw him back in there.  GL Sunday to anyone else who started him, we'll need it.

6 hours ago, hard1 said:

I mean they killed plenty of their own drives... i am shocked they weren't like lets lean on Cole and shenault see if they can bust it out..

^this was the disappointing part of the whole thing.  they were playing a game script as if Chark was in the line up.  Losing Chark does make it tougher on the offense to produce.  Mix it up.  You have speed and ability on this team.  I did not see one day motion, misdirection.....anything where people were trying to fool the defense.  It was straight up boring a** offense.  Laviska ain't gonna be a week to week threat unless he starts to conform to their boring a** offense.  Dude would be much more fun if they spotlighted his talents for a few drives.  

Edited by dudewithabadcat

7 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

^this was the disappointing part of the whole thing.  they were playing a game script as if Chark was in the line up.  Losing Chark does make it tougher on the offense to produce.  Mix it up.  You have speed and ability on this team.  I did not see one day motion, misdirection.....anything where people were trying to fool the defense.  It was straight up boring a** offense.  Laviska ain't gonna be a week to week threat unless he starts to conform to their boring a** offense.  Dude would be much more fun if they spotlighted his talents for a few drives.  

to be fair. shenault does not look fast at all. maybe he is though.

11 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

to be fair. shenault does not look fast at all. maybe he is though.

hate to make the comparison but Shenault reminds me of a baby Larry Fitz. juuuuust sayin

• Like 1

Anyone holding him ahead of the hot rookie WR adds (e.g., Jefferson, Higgins, Aiyuk) this week? I'm feeling he's droppable for at least Jefferson and Higgins, based on what we saw from them last week.

45 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Anyone holding him ahead of the hot rookie WR adds (e.g., Jefferson, Higgins, Aiyuk) this week? I'm feeling he's droppable for at least Jefferson and Higgins, based on what we saw from them last week.

I'm going to put in bids for Jefferson and Higgins. My other drop options would be Landry and MJJ and I think they have some more value at this point. If Diontae or Carson don't play, I think I might be able to pick him back up.

Edited by SkittleMania

It was a short week and not having Chark taking all the attention awy, plus terrible QB play was the problem last week. I think he caught like 4 of 5 balls thrown his way... as everyone else was dropping balls. You guys are fools dropping him so early. He will get better and better each week, on a team that throws a ton... plus he runs. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Monster Week said:

It was a short week and not having Chark taking all the attention awy, plus terrible QB play was the problem last week. I think he caught like 4 of 5 balls thrown his way... as everyone else was dropping balls. You guys are fools dropping him so early. He will get better and better each week, on a team that throws a ton... plus he runs. 

Well said. I was thinking of dropping for Davis. But you’re right. He’s so strong and really has barely had any real opportunities in space. One of these weeks he’s going to go bananas.

1 minute ago, Magoo said:

Well said. I was thinking of dropping for Davis. But you’re right. He’s so strong and really has barely had any real opportunities in space. One of these weeks he’s going to go bananas.

ya I just think its too soon to give up. We all like him because he is a beast, lets give him a little more time. I am sitting on AJ Green, and looking at Tee Higgins to hedge my bet... but I would have to drop Laviska. Not gonna do it

He reminds me of that dude that used to play for the Browns. They tried to use him the way Shenault is now. Damn it I’m drawing a blank. 

Skinny dude, with dreads, very fast, and skillful but didn’t last too long. Anyone know who I’m talking about? About 9-10 years ago maybe.