The G Man

Laviska Shenault 2020 Outlook

3 minutes ago, ginocan said:

He reminds me of that dude that used to play for the Browns. They tried to use him the way Shenault is now. Damn it I’m drawing a blank. 

Skinny dude, with dreads, very fast, and skillful but didn’t last too long. Anyone know who I’m talking about? About 9-10 years ago maybe. 

Travis Benjamin.  Shenault is MUCH stronger.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ginocan said:

He reminds me of that dude that used to play for the Browns. They tried to use him the way Shenault is now. Damn it I’m drawing a blank. 

Skinny dude, with dreads, very fast, and skillful but didn’t last too long. Anyone know who I’m talking about? About 9-10 years ago maybe. 

Josh Cribbs?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AnchorDown said:

Josh Cribbs?

Ooh I think you are right.  My bad.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Travis Benjamin.  Shenault is MUCH stronger.

1 minute ago, AnchorDown said:

Josh Cribbs?

No

:(

He didn’t last long, maybe a season or so. He was like a very skinny wide receiver but too quick so they would give him a few toss in the back field to give him the ball. 

3 hours ago, ginocan said:

Josh Cribbs.

But Cribbs was a QB in college.

Shenault is way ahead of where he ever was as a receiver. 

Must own in all leagues. They use him occasionally out of backfield, physical receiver, could easily see him take over as the #1 receiver for this team as his role grows throughout the year.

Get in NOW if he’s still available

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fawkes_mulder said:

Must own in all leagues. They use him occasionally out of backfield, physical receiver, could easily see him take over as the #1 receiver for this team as his role grows throughout the year.

DJ Chark is #1

But Viska should carve out a solid second role.

2 hours ago, fawkes_mulder said:

Chark is back and clearly looked every bit of the wr1 on this team. He could be a good second option moving forward if they continue to feature him more

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Chark is back and clearly looked every bit of the wr1 on this team. He could be a good second option moving forward if they continue to feature him more

Hasta Laviska's worst game was when Chark sat ... the #1 wr drawing attention opens the field for this kid. 

they feed off each other. 

this kid is just warming up. 

• Like 4

Any concern for that injury at the end of the game? Looked like he was favoring his hamstring when he left the game.

Just now, JohnD said:

Any concern for that injury at the end of the game? Looked like he was favoring his hamstring when he left the game.

yeah, he logged a couple ltd practices with it during the week ... missed most of the 4th qtr yesterday, no?

he's really heating up, and as i stated yesterday, a healthy Chark is this kid's best friend. 

Rb1nson will keep defenses honest enough, that's for damn sure ... their sched gets much harder after the bye, but i don't see anything but increased usage for this beast. 

Posted (edited)

[...]

I think Laviska has a safe floor but his ceiling is capped. Doesn't get a lot of yardage or touchdowns.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

[...]

I think Laviska has a safe floor but his ceiling is capped. Doesn't get a lot of yardage or touchdowns.

Yup great floor, low ceiling.

Especially on this Jags offense. 

The main RZ threats being DJ Chark & Robinson.

In order for him to have a big game, a touchdown is a must.

But his fantasy arrow pointing up, most definitely. 

we thought he had a safe floor and then the miami game happened. wish he was seeing 7-8 targets a game instead of 4-6.

• Like 1

Love the skills. Think hes a better real life football player than fantasy WR

• Like 6

1 minute ago, yanksman said:

Love the skills. Think hes a better real life football player than fantasy WR

I still think we're wait-and-see with him.

Averages 5 targets, 4 catches, and 2.25 rushes per game - with no real outliers.  Consistent usage.

Hasn't scored a TD since week 1, so there's a good chance he's due for a couple.  Had his first real big play last week.  Don't think it'll be his last.

But main point is, he's gotten consistent usage in his first 4 games ever, and he's catching 80% of his looks.

If his role grows, which it may or may not, I'd say there's a pretty good chance that he scores some TDs and pops some big plays.

Wouldn't start him right now, but I'm definitely keeping him on my roster(s).

57 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Lots of people getting impatient early with him a few pages back...

eh lots of injuries have happened and several great pickups were to be had...you haven't missed out on much if you let him hit the wire so far

40 minutes ago, Guwop said:

eh lots of injuries have happened and several great pickups were to be had...you haven't missed out on much if you let him hit the wire so far

You've missed out on keeping him on your roster.  He was immediately snatched up in one of my leagues when dropped last week and I assume he'll be a top waiver add in leagues where he is still available.

Fantasy pros heat index has him the highest out of these guys, a cool read check it out.  If he’s somehow available in your league hurry fast to get him, they will be unleashing him anytime now that includes a few wildcat goalline carries here and there. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fantasypros.com/2020/10/week-4-heat-index-2020-fantasy-football/amp/

This is the kind of player that I feel every team should have on their roster that you can plug in and not be disgusted of. The respectable floor makes him the perfect bye week filler or emergency flex or start. I love having him and feel he's going to get more and more involved.