The G Man

Laviska Shenault 2020 Outlook

22 minutes ago, Wyzzil said:

This is the kind of player that I feel every team should have on their roster that you can plug in and not be disgusted of. The respectable floor makes him the perfect bye week filler or emergency flex or start. I love having him and feel he's going to get more and more involved. 

Could not agree more, especially with the injuries from this season. He's someone you can safely plug in and will not cost you the week. I think they need to give him 1-2 more carries per game. Part of it is probably because of how good Robinson has been.

Every touch from last week 😍.

They really need to just figure out more ways to get the ball in this guy's hands in space. Good lord.

• Like 2

This dude reminds my of AJ brown last year , as a rookie wr I think he has the most upside by far than all the other rookies . 

dude almost had two tds last game, stopped at the 3yard line and the 10 yard line.  He put up 90+ yards and did t play the 4th because of a minor injury .  This dude woulda had well over 100 yards and maybe a tuddy .  Dude is straight fire

• Like 5

Hope his hammy is ok. Those have been rough this year for quite a few players

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Hope his hammy is ok. Those have been rough this year for quite a few players

Seems like a minor one but yeah keeping my fingers crossed.  I set my alarm for 340 Am est Time last night . no one scooped Him up off waivers and he was just sitting there I was so happy.  This is a 500 dollar buy in league so I was kinda shocked , I didn’t want to use my number 1 waiver on him so I guess I got very lucky 

im sure if I didn’t set my alarm somone woulda poached him from me that had a high waiver they didn’t want to use.

Edited by Brye
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Brye said:

Seems like a minor one but yeah keeping my fingers crossed.  I set my alarm for 340 Am est Time last night . no one scooped Him up off waivers and he was just sitting there I was so happy.  This is a 500 dollar buy in league so I was kinda shocked , I didn’t want to use my number 1 waiver on him so I guess I got very lucky 

im sure if I didn’t set my alarm somone woulda poached him from me that had a high waiver they didn’t want to use.

Haha I've set my alarm for 5-5:30 before but never that early.

6 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Wtf was so special about that lmao. Come on i like that guy but this seems like hyperbole

He's a receiver who's transforming into a running back the moment the ball touches his hands with great balance and fighting for every yard. That's pretty uncommon. 

24 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Wtf was so special about that lmao. Come on i like that guy but this seems like hyperbole

He about breaks a tackle every play. Added about 10 yards after on that out route by shaking the defender out of his boots. Takes about 3 guys to get him down at the goal line. The YAC skills are clearly on display. If you can't see that I don't know what to tell you. That is not typical for most WRs.

Most are usually one trick ponies they beat you by breaking tackles or juking you. The ability to both well is rare.

If that doesn't stand out to you I don't what to tell ya 🤷‍♂️. To each their own brotha.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Twitter is prone to hyperbole. You aren't wrong about that. But...

21 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

I agree with this.  I kept waiting to see something special.

It's the little things. He sheds tackles like a RB. He's got excellent balance and runs downhill. His running style is a silky smooth combination of power and elusiveness.

What makes this so special is we are talking about a WR here!  There aren't many like him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Twitter is prone to hyperbole. You aren't wrong about that. But...

It's the little things. He sheds tackles like a RB. He's got excellent balance and runs downhill. His running style is a silky smooth combination of power and elusiveness.

What makes this so special is we are talking about a WR here!  There aren't many like him.

Diontae Johnson says hello

• Haha 1

Agree with the masses breakout is imminent 

35 minutes ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Diontae Johnson says hello

Not a direct comp imo. Love them both, but Laviska is 3 inches taller and 44 lbs heavier. Laviska is just built differently than most WRs. 

Super excited to have them both in dynasty. Their futures are bright. They both cause problems in open space but in unique ways.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Not a direct comp imo. Love them both, but Laviska is 3 inches taller and 44 lbs heavier. Laviska is just built differently than most WRs. 

Super excited to have them both in dynasty. Their futures are bright. They both cause problems in open space but in unique ways.

Thats where I meant to have the comparison is their ability to perform in the open space. Im really excited for the future in this wide receiver talent. Johnson, Shanault, Jefferson, Jeudy all look like studs

Guy looks like a giant.  Not sure of his speed though, seems a hair slow (for a wr). When they get him the ball in step/motion he really picked up extra yards.  

In the last five years, I've only tried to trade up for two WRs in dynasty, and this is one of them. The guy has an amazing future ahead of him and a pretty darn good present too.

7 hours ago, jagsfan05 said:

I don't own Shenault but figured I would pass this along to you guys from Gruden's press conference today regarding him:

Gruden on Shenault, who had five receptions for 86 yards against the Bengals and who has 16 receptions for 191 yards and a touchdown for the season: "I think we'll see a lot more. He's going to get better and better the more he does, the more he sees. I can't wait to see him at full, full strength. I think he can get stronger and better and more productive in the passing game - -and obviously the running game. We can utilize him more. He's going to be a factor for this football team for years to come. We're just scratching the surface with him."

Great quote from Gruden about Shenault. Exciting as 100% share holder. 

Sidenote: With Gruden statement about Robinson and now Shenault, my mind tricked me into thinking Gruden is the head coach. But just remember that he is the O coach. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

In the last five years, I've only tried to trade up for two WRs in dynasty, and this is one of them. The guy has an amazing future ahead of him and a pretty darn good present too.

Who was the other? For tract record purposes.

4 hours ago, rasrar said:

Still amazes me that people play in competitive leagues that don't use FAAB or auction drafts...

Just cause he scooped him up doesn't mean it's not FAAB. So waivers open up after the first wave. I prefer them locked at all times but yeah

1 hour ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

. I prefer them locked at all times but yeah

lol, not when all of your opponents are on the west coast.

1 hour ago, Mr.Joshua said:

lol, not when all of your opponents are on the west coast.

Wake up for a quick check and middle of the night pee lol 😂

Limited in practice yesterday.  Any word on how that hammy is doing?

43 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Limited in practice yesterday.  Any word on how that hammy is doing?

THICC

• Haha 1

Jaguars FS Jarrod Wilson (hamstring) has been designated to return from IR and the team has 21 days to activate him to the 53-man roster. Coach Doug Marrone had other good injury news on Wednesday saying that WR Laviska Shenault (hamstring), LB Myles Jack (ankle), LT Cam Robinson (knee), CB C.J. Henderson and C Brandon Linder (knee) have a chance to play on Sunday against Houston. He said he doesn't feel good about CB D.J. Hayden (hamstring) being able to play.

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41101185-4