The G Man

Laviska Shenault 2020 Outlook

3 hours ago, vikesrube said:

So his floor is also his ceiling?!?!?

You prefer weighted averages?  Points and touches?  

Ceiling is 25 

I'm in on Laviska..

https://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/28690/laviska-shenault-evolves-from-flex-weapon-to-jaguars-leading-receiver

Chiaverini is the offensive coordinator and receivers coach at Colorado. He recruited Shenault, first while he was special-teams coordinator and outside receivers coach at Texas Tech under Kliff Kingsbury, and then after joining the Buffaloes' staff in 2016. He has high expectations for a player he compared to Julio Jones and Anquan Boldin. 

Another comparison i've heard was a bigger Percy Harvin.

“He should break every Jacksonville record for rookies,” Chiaverini said. “He really should. He is that talented.”

What a stinker of a game...

Very disappointing, considering he was in a good spot.

7 targets but couldn't get anything going.

1 minute ago, CooL said:

What a stinker of a game...

Very disappointing, considering he was in a good spot.

7 targets but couldn't get anything going.

Yep made the switch for cooks in mid week...he definitely at the end of my bench going forward only going to be used for bye weeks fill in if needed

Don't worry about the performance, fellas. His average means he still had an okay game for your lineup today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hard1 said:

I'm ready for that blow up

Literally every pass that came his way was a garbage thrown pass by Minshew.

• Like 2

He runs the same slant route each play too and it's always behind or at the line of scrimmage 😂

11 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

Don't worry about the performance, fellas. His average means he still had an okay game for your lineup today.

Nope. He got me 4.1 points and I’m fuming. 
He Shenault start for me again. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Just now, CooL said:

Nope. He got me 4.1 points and I’m fuming. 
He Shenault start for me again. 

Oh, I agree it was an awful performance. I was poking fun from the previous page when I pointed out his floor was lower than some were saying, and the response was they were going off his average.

• Haha 1

Disappointing. I thought he was done with these nothing outings. Oh well. Back to the bench. Still like the talent. I have no idea why they are using him the way they do. With a better OC I'd think he'll eventually have a Deebo 2nd half, but with Gruden I'm starting to doubt it. Back to the bench! 

Hate this guy can't wait till he gets a qb

19 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Still mad the Packers didn't draft this guy, oh well

Wouldn't have used him properly 

Probably the most overhyped player in fantasy this year. The kid has skills but it's not happening in fantasy this year. Sorry.

• Like 3

Definitly going to drop him tomorrow so I won’t even be tempted to put him in my lineup smh. 

Picked him up a few weeks ago before the Thurs night game vs Miami, I was looking to upgrade my WR depth, Shenault seemed to be the perfect candidate. Chark was out that game and thought this guy would blowup because of that, along with the talent he has. Didn’t start him that game but took a wait and see approach. After watching highlights before I picked up Shenault and then watching the Jags vs Fins (didn’t see the most recent game vs Det but I’m pretty sure it was similar) game, the problem with Shenault definitely isn’t talent, it’s Minshew who absolutely plays horrible at times, almost unbearable to watch and very frustrating. When I seen Minshew throwing the off target passes throughout that game, him not seeing Shenault wide open and throwing it into tighter coverage, and then Gruden not scheming the ball to him like I’d expect especially with Chark being out that game was all the reason it took for me to drop Shenault and never look back. Jags have played the leagues WORST defenses this yr so far not including wk 1 vs Ind (Ten, Mia, Cin, Hou, Det), besides Shenault’s talent that could  be why he was even a hype train candidate to begin with, he has put up some decent/average fantasy pts and targets in those weeks. Jags upcoming schedule looks very scary going forward besides a few games, so I see it being even tougher for Shenault to put up points and blowing up this yr. Hard to trust any WR on this Jags team with the horrible play and coaching with Minshew/Gruden in the picture, them guys will put a serious cap on talented guys like Shenault. If ur desperate and in need of WRs then maybe, but IMO I would definitely temper any expectations ROS.

Edited by Tomei7
  • Like 1

Agree with this guy ^. Minshew is bad. It was fun to watch last year with his rag tag supporting cast, and the oline playing terrible. This year, D.J. Chark isn't emerging he's here, Laviska has flashed, Keelan Cole has played well, James Robinson looks good, and the oline is healthy and playing much better than LY. The league just has enough tape on Gardner to expose him now. I never noticed last year how weak his arm is. Pure timing QB who doesn't really have the top end play processing mind to make for the arm. He invites pressure alot, but doesn't have the Russ Willson/Deshaun Watson escapability to make up for that. When it goes bad, it's tough to watch.

Yesterday's game was crazy because they stacked the box to stop Robinson and force Minshew to beat them, and he couldn't.

Edited by USWAY

3 hours ago, ponchsox said:

Probably the most overhyped player in fantasy this year. The kid has skills but it's not happening in fantasy this year. Sorry.

a free player off the waivers that pretty much nobody has even started yet, not that much hype outside of this thread

Edited by lolcopter

1 hour ago, Tomei7 said:

Picked him up a few weeks ago before the Thurs night game vs Miami, I was looking to upgrade my WR depth, Shenault seemed to be the perfect candidate. Chark was out that game and thought this guy would blowup because of that, along with the talent he has. Didn’t start him that game but took a wait and see approach. After watching highlights before I picked up Shenault and then watching the Jags vs Fins (didn’t see the most recent game vs Det but I’m pretty sure it was similar) game, the problem with Shenault definitely isn’t talent, it’s Minshew who absolutely plays horrible at times, almost unbearable to watch and very frustrating. When I seen Minshew throwing the off target passes throughout that game, him not seeing Shenault wide open and throwing it into tighter coverage, and then Gruden not scheming the ball to him like I’d expect especially with Chark being out that game was all the reason it took for me to drop Shenault and never look back. Jags have played the leagues WORST defenses this yr so far not including wk 1 vs Ind (Ten, Mia, Cin, Hou, Det), besides Shenault’s talent that could  be why he was even a hype train candidate to begin with, he has put up some decent/average fantasy pts and targets in those weeks. Jags upcoming schedule looks very scary going forward besides a few games, so I see it being even tougher for Shenault to put up points and blowing up this yr. Hard to trust any WR on this Jags team with the horrible play and coaching with Minshew/Gruden in the picture, them guys will put a serious cap on talented guys like Shenault. If ur desperate and in need of WRs then maybe, but IMO I would definitely temper any expectations ROS.

^ Waste of talent! Minshew not living up to last years glimmer of hope!

1 hour ago, lolcopter said:

a free player off the waivers that pretty much nobody has even started yet, not that much hype outside of this thread

He's been hyped all over fantasy circles. Reddit, SiriusXM Fantasy. He was on waivers in my league so I had to see what all the hype was and checked his game log. Wasn't impressed and yesterday confirmed it. 

• Like 2

He's been hyped two weeks of the season and has been in a fair amount of lineups those two weeks. Both weeks where he got played by a lot of people were the weeks he fell flat. On the Chark thread someone prior to this last game said they were dropping Chark for Shenault because Chark's floor was low. That's ironic because Shenault's floor in standard is even lower and his ceiling is lower too. Even when Shenault gets touches a good number are line of scrimmage type plays that are pretty likely to go for 1 yard rather than a big gain. He'll probably have a good game again now that everyone has him on their bench again. But even his good games so far haven't been much more than a WR3 type meeting or slightly exceeding their projections, not their ceilings. He's being treated like a WR3 with WR2 upside when so far he's more of a WR4/5 with WR3 upside. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He definitely has had some major hype here at least. Granted this is another one of those sleeper picks that people want to take off to look smart and hence the hype around here

• Like 1