The G Man

Laviska Shenault 2020 Outlook

I find this interesting do we think laviska will gain eligibility at other positions like te and rb?

22 minutes ago, Chargers88 said:

I find this interesting do we think laviska will gain eligibility at other positions like te and rb?

Has he ever played running back?

Dude is a receiver.  Just because the scouting report says he's "built like a running back" doesn't mean he's going to be played at running back.

This is the dumbest thread on rotoworld right now, and that's an accomplishment 

• Haha 3

You guys are incredible. I’m now considering this dude whose name I’ve never heard who plays on a team I’ve never seen. 

Just now, SadFaceHappy said:

Dude is a receiver.  Just because the scouting report says he's "built like a running back" doesn't mean he's going to be played at running back.

I think it was brought up he could take some wildcat snaps from the QB position.

He is a WR but is built like a RB and runs like one but he isn't gaining dual eligibility, not sure how that part got interjected into the discussion.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Somebody hasn’t watched his college tape

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tenner said:

You guys are incredible. I’m now considering this dude whose name I’ve never heard who plays on a team I’ve never seen. 

The guy was a dominant force on my college fantasy football team as a junior, he was unstoppable.

Marrone said his son owns viska on his fantasy team and will do whatever it takes to get him RB eligibility.  Let’s go boys 

• Haha 4

Can someone explain to me how a guy with his, relatively, low stats in college gets drafted in the second round in the NFL draft? I assume it's to do with his physical traits. 

He’s probably sitting on your Waiver wire. Jags have very few Offensive weapons behind Chark.Training camp reviews were good, QB Minshew called him a “freak” athletically (good sign). Go get him now for free! 

33 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

Can someone explain to me how a guy with his, relatively, low stats in college gets drafted in the second round in the NFL draft? I assume it's to do with his physical traits. 

in 2019 he was being mocked in the first round regularly for a while, many to broncos pick

he had some injuries in college that derailed his season, he also had an lingering injury at the nfl combine which is why he slid to second round

very high character guy from what i have read, good article here about how his father was hit by a car and killed in front of him and he grew out his hair as a tribute.  

July 17, 2009 will be a day that's forever ingrained in the back of his mind. Headed back from a cookout at a family friend's pool party, they all packed in their car, and scurried down the always busy Irving highways.

Becoming tired, his mother needed an aide, which is when tragedy struck. While switching over to the driver's side, his father slipped into the bypass of oncoming traffic. Struck by two cars, he was killed on instant impact. Laviska and his five other siblings all experienced something that many would never be able to recover from.

As a tribute to his fallen father and best friend, he has grown out his signature dreadlocks ever since that tragic day. Pointing to the sky after every exciting touchdown since that scaring moment he experienced at only 10 years old is homage to the figure that essentially taught him the way of life.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/from-tragedy-to-triumph-the-story-of-laviska-shenault

On 9/7/2020 at 2:34 PM, gus030 said:

Marrone said his son owns viska on his fantasy team and will do whatever it takes to get him RB eligibility.  Let’s go boys 

where did this happen?  link?  or is this a joke?

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Lambfordinner said:

He’s probably sitting on your Waiver wire. Jags have very few Offensive weapons behind Chark.Training camp reviews were good, QB Minshew called him a “freak” athletically (good sign). Go get him now for free! 

this thread will be 10+ pages in a few days after week 1

38 minutes ago, Lambfordinner said:

I have a free spot since Damien Harris on IR burn the 9th ww claim or wait until everyone becomes FA tomorrow? I'm worried someone will get him.

• Like 1

I’ve been trying to free up a spot to get Shenault on my team... This guy is gonna be a big waiver pick up on Wednesday. 

5 minutes ago, leesanity7 said:

I’ve been trying to free up a spot to get Shenault on my team... This guy is gonna be a big waiver pick up on Wednesday. 

You guys must play in some deep leagues. I'm over here in a 12 Team, 6 bench spot league and my worst player is P. Williams/C. Kirk range

So many rookie hype trains to keep track of Edwards, laviska, reagor,etc. 

13 hours ago, cdd10 said:

You guys must play in some deep leagues. I'm over here in a 12 Team, 6 bench spot league and my worst player is P. Williams/C. Kirk range

Nah it’s just that we went with a 10 man league this year (down from our usual 12) and every team has quality WR depth. 

I just don’t want to drop any of my guys yet because I have to hold out for a kicker.

Edited by leesanity7

Wanted the Packers to draft him... Ran into this kid at the bank couple months back.  Was a really good kid and didn’t mind talking a little football.  He seemed really excited to be starting his career and I wish him the best.  Drafted him in my league.  Expecting big things out of him and either way he’s the type of kid you want to root for.  Let’s go.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 5:27 PM, SadFaceHappy said:

Love when people do things like this but have no idea what they're talking about. 

Watch his tape. Read his quotes from the Coach/OC. Lol 

On 9/7/2020 at 5:28 PM, Tenner said:

You think that's bad, I'm considering him almost solely on the grounds that it means I can choose a good team name.

• Like 1

Some guys you can just tell by their names whether they are destined for NFL greatness

Marshawn Lynch comes to mind

on the other end of the spectrum Blake Bortles, no superstar gonna be named Blake Bortles

VISKA gonna be a name you hear thrown around as one of the top WR picks next season