The G Man

Laviska Shenault 2020 Outlook

31 minutes ago, noles1983 said:

What is a Laviska, and what does it do?

It does it all. 

46 minutes ago, marion024 said:

I dropped Jalen Reagor for him.. I'm also a Chark owner...

Bad move?

Yes, No way I would have dropped Reagor especially when ur a Chark owner on a bad offense.

As the clear #2 option on a Pass-first, Pass-heavy Spread WCO, this guy could sneakily finish as the #1 Rookie WR ahead of Ruggs, Lamb, Jeudy, Reagor, and Aiyuk. His game also seems to mesh well with PPR formats as they want to manufacture ways to get him the ball on quick easy throws near the LOS.

8 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Yes, No way I would have dropped Reagor especially when ur a Chark owner on a bad offense.

Shenault is healthy, Reagor is not.

I get the move.

14 minutes ago, PisEdiRin said:

Shenault is healthy, Reagor is not.

I get the move.

Reagor full go today but it is hard to predict these rookies 

Stop bumping the thread! Hoping to sneak this guy onto my roster somehow...

31 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Reagor already had a mildly torn labrum that could get worse as the season goes. He isn't a homerun by any means so i get making the move for potential upside. Not sure if it will pan out but reagor can be sacrificed at this point

1 minute ago, Guwop said:

Reagor already had a mildly torn labrum that could get worse as the season goes. He isn't a homerun by any means so i get making the move for potential upside. Not sure if it will pan out but reagor can be sacrificed at this point

Agreed. If not for injury concerns of his own, Shenault may have been the higher draft pick. Now it's Reagor hurt and Shenault seemingly healthy. Moreover, sometimes it's better to find out what you got in week 1, and if necessary move on, than hold an injured rookie for a few weeks and live with the unknown while missing out on hot waiver pickups.

• Like 2

Lol it looks like Reagor is practicing now too..

I’m just too intrigued by Shenault.

He could get a lot of carries at RB, and Wildcat plus his catches at WR.

I may have messed up but we will see..

7 minutes ago, marion024 said:

Lol it looks like Reagor is practicing now too..

I’m just too intrigued by Shenault.

He could get a lot of carries at RB, and Wildcat plus his catches at WR.

I may have messed up but we will see..

Just would be hard for me to own Chark and Shenault on the same squad. If you didn’t have Chark I would rethink it. But Reagor is in a good spot with the Eagles and could surprise some people. Besides a mild labrum injury which I’m not overly concerned about, I feel really good about Reagor in that Eagles offense. We shall see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noles1983 said:

It's a type of Swiss army knife.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Owning 2 WRs in Chark and Shenault on a lowly Jags team tanking for Trevor? I’d pass or look elsewhere if ur worried about Reagor’s mild injury. I would keep Reagor(mild labrum injury or not)and see how he does. 

49 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Shenault is/will be a better player than Reagor too

• Like 2

4 hours ago, noles1983 said:

It’s something you wear on your Labooska.

2 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

Owning 2 WRs in Chark and Shenault on a lowly Jags team tanking for Trevor? I’d pass or look elsewhere if ur worried about Reagor’s mild injury. I would keep Reagor(mild labrum injury or not)and see how he does. 

Yes because even lowly teams can produce garbage time points. Nothing is surefire about reagor either as of yet so I don't blame him for taking the plunge. Both players are on the same level of "let's see how he does" at this point

3 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

I don't see what's wrong with owning both. You act like they're going to trot out there and stand around picking their noses waiting for the game to end. Yes, they may be gutted, but the coaches and players are still going to try to play their best with the cards they are dealt. Marrone has finished last in the division in 3 of his 4 years. He's playing for his job or future job on another team. The players are playing for their contracts or the right to belong in the league. They're going to try do their best and Shenault is a legit playmaker, marrone has zero incentive to tank just so he can hand over Trevor Lawrence to his replacement. 

Are people in here arguing that Laviska can only be fantasy relevant if Chark is not, and so it makes no sense to own both?  If that's the argument, then no one should pick up Shenault, because Chark is going to be fed.  I would just point out that pass happy, losing teams can support multiple fantasy relevant receivers.  The Detroit Lions were 3-12-1 last year, and had the number 11 and 13 receiver in PPR up to week 13 when Jones season ended to injury.

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Great article. No question this kid is going to have a growing role in the Offense this Season. Between his versatility plus lack of playmakers aside from Chark (James Robinson TBD), I could see around seven or eight total touches (receiving/rushing) as early as Sunday. He’s the type of player that can’t be game scripted out so I may even be low here

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, FMIII said:

Great article. No question this kid is going to have a growing role in the Offense this Season. Between his versatility plus lack of playmakers aside from Chark (James Robinson TBD), I could see around seven or eight total touches (receiving/rushing) as early as Sunday. He’s the type of player that can’t be game scripted out so I may even be low here

agreed. 

picture a bigger/stronger Percy Harvin - kid's gonna assume that kinda role - he'll be fun to watch, and i can see much value returned immediately. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Hoping for big production out of the gate but i wouldnt be surprised if we walk out week 1 a little disappointed

i have him on 2 teams, both 17 man rosters ... he's #17 on both - how can he disappoint me?  by faceplanting Sunday?  ok, i can live with that, but it still won't dissuade me from letting the kid marinate on my last bench slot 'til he gets humming.