Rotoworld.com Forums

Laviska Shenault 2020 Outlook

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't own Shenault but figured I would pass this along to you guys from Gruden's press conference today regarding him:   Gruden on Shenault, who had five receptions for 86 yards against the B

Starting a rookie Jaguars "gadget" WR on Thursday Night Football so I can either crow or vent about it after is why I play fantasy football.

higher than zero chance? Lol thanks Nostradamus 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, jay_00 said:

welp this was a bad call by me...justin jefferson 0 while shenault killing it lol

i tried talkin' ya into this earlier ... once the inactives were announced this kid went right in my lineup, ZERO effs to give, zero hesitation. 

guy can do it all. 

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

i tried talkin' ya into this earlier ... once the inactives were announced this kid went right in my lineup, ZERO effs to give, zero hesitation. 

guy can do it all. 

Ya i know. Surprisingly i still have a shot of winning my matchup tho despite a possible 0 from jefferson. 

Just now, jay_00 said:

Ya i know. Surprisingly i still have a shot of winning my matchup tho despite a possible 0 from jefferson. 

i hear ya, didn't mean to pile on there, but the last week in this thread has been the truth  - still a ton of foosball left to play - gl ✌

• Like 2

VERY quiet 2nd half ... that last rush gave him 2/10 on the ground, to help him finish with 13 ppr (12 in the 1st half).

i will take that all day out my flex, especially in his first ever live action ... can someone who watched it soup to nutz help explain the 2nd half usage (or lack, thereof) ... was he on the field? getting targets?

TIA

SHINNO-GO!

4 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

VERY quiet 2nd half ... that last rush gave him 2/10 on the ground, to help him finish with 13 ppr (12 in the 1st half).

i will take that all day out my flex, especially in his first ever live action ... can someone who watched it soup to nutz help explain the 2nd half usage (or lack, thereof) ... was he on the field? getting targets?

TIA

SHINNO-GO!

What he said.

• Thanks 1
42 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Tougher match-up this week (@ Tenn). I would've liked to have seen more volume from him Sunday. If not for the TD it would've been a disappointing day for sure. Perhaps they just wanted to ease him in since he's a rookie? 

I don't think they consider him a prototype WR per se. Hes more of a jack of all trades player like a Corrdarelle Patterson or Percy Harvin. I don't there will ever be "volume".

19 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I don't think they consider him a prototype WR per se. Hes more of a jack of all trades player like a Corrdarelle Patterson or Percy Harvin. I don't there will ever be "volume".

I'd take prime Percy Harvin #'s. :)  Percy seemed to peak at 120 targets and 50 rushes - 120 targets likely isn't happening (I could see maybe 80), but 50 rushes seems reasonable (could even peak around 80).

Edited by Vendetta
20 minutes ago, yanksman said:

This is a guy the Jags' receivers coach compared to Andre Johnson and Anquan Boldin.

In 2019 the Jags averaged 69.3 plays per game, and Gardner Minshew threw the ball 34.8 times per completed game.

In week 1, the Jaguars played only 50 offensive snaps and threw the ball only 20 times, connecting with 10 different receivers. Still, with no preseason action, Shenault played 62% of the snaps, was targeted 4 times, received 2 carries, and scored a TD. Reasonably high volume if you ask me, given the circumstances.

I'm anticipating a big regression to the mean in the coming weeks and believe the sky is the limit for this kid. Good time to buy low if the owner in your league isn't paying attention and believes the TD was the only thing separating him from an otherwise "disappointing" day.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, MrCantaloupe said:

This is a guy the Jags' receivers coach compared to Andre Johnson and Anquan Boldin.

In 2019 the Jags averaged 69.3 plays per game, and Gardner Minshew threw the ball 34.8 times per completed game.

In week 1, the Jaguars played only 50 offensive snaps and threw the ball only 20 times, connecting with 10 different receivers. Still, with no preseason action, Shenault played 62% of the snaps, was targeted 4 times, received 2 carries, and scored a TD. Reasonably high volume if you ask me, given the circumstances.

I'm anticipating a big regression to the mean in the coming weeks and believe the sky is the limit for this kid. Good time to buy low if the owner in your league isn't paying attention and believes the TD was the only thing separating him from an otherwise "disappointing" day.

Thanks for the added stats. If we extrapolate out 35 completions / game over the course of a season, that's 560 for the year; if we assume he gets 10% of the catches (about 16% of the 60% of targets that went to WRs in JAX last year), that comes out 56 catches on the year. A 70% catch rate then gets you to 80 targets, and there's probably a decent chance of some upside on that number.

Edited by Vendetta

I like the potential of this guy but hard to find room on my bench, I already have Reagor and Chark and not sure I want to Jag receivers on my squad. Do you guys like this cat over Reagor?

Edited by RoseLin23
10 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

I like the potential of this guy but hard to find room on my bench, I already have Reagor and Chark and not sure I want to Jag receivers on my squad. Do you guys like this cat over Reagor?

Depends on the scoring I suppose.  Raegor is going to catch a few long TD bombs.  Shenault got volume in various ways in his first game.  Want a more traditional WR or a more versatile gadget type player who gets the ball in various ways?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1