Rotoworld.com Forums

Laviska Shenault 2020 Outlook

• Replies 705
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't own Shenault but figured I would pass this along to you guys from Gruden's press conference today regarding him:   Gruden on Shenault, who had five receptions for 86 yards against the B

Starting a rookie Jaguars "gadget" WR on Thursday Night Football so I can either crow or vent about it after is why I play fantasy football.

higher than zero chance? Lol thanks Nostradamus 

Posted Images

Have to decide on keeping 2 of him McKinnon or Edmonds as the Drake owner.

I picked him up and  dropped a defense thinking that Parker would go to IR spot after getting pulled last game due to injury and now it looks like he might play.

I don't want to drop him and watch him go off. Think Edmonds too valuable so really him or McKinnon in ppr.

Arggh!

27 minutes ago, CanaBuc said:

Have to decide on keeping 2 of him McKinnon or Edmonds as the Drake owner.

I picked him up and  dropped a defense thinking that Parker would go to IR spot after getting pulled last game due to injury and now it looks like he might play.

I don't want to drop him and watch him go off. Think Edmonds too valuable so really him or McKinnon in ppr.

Arggh!

Sometimes you just gotta go for it if you feel it. Even if your wrong you'll know you at least tried. It's worse not getting them and them being a stud afterwards. That ish hurts

Not an ideal matchup this week v. Tennessee, obviously.  If Jay Gruden keeps using Shenault all over the field, in different formations and in different positions, he might be worth using anyway depending on format.  DeDe inactive again will be choice.  I really like the idea of having one of my WR getting goal-line chances from the wildcat.

4 minutes ago, wuchild97 said:

Rank ? Laviska - Raegor - Aiyuk   : ROS ?? Viska sittin on the wire 

Aiyuk has that hamstring thing so he is in last for me for the next few weeks.  Raegor probably first because he appears to be the starter and is a real blazer.  Shenault in between.

If Aiyuk can ever get healthy, there's the 49ers run-heavy nature and Kittle to contend with.  And Jimmy G is no Minshew.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, GreatestShowonTurf said:

Will he overtake Chark or eat into Chark’s targets?

I doubt he overtakes Chark this year but he should take away a couple to a few. Regardless even if Chark got ten targets there's touches to be had after that and he's gonna get carries , catches & wildcat (maybe a throw). 

12 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

No. He had like 4 targets on Sunday, I think. He's a decent end of the bench stash but I wouldn't expect him to turn into a starting option. 

PPR I think I agree with you.  Consistent volume is unlikely to be a thing.  But in a standard or TD heavy league, Shenault can be at least a bye-week fill in or maybe more.

22 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

No. He had like 4 targets on Sunday, I think. He's a decent end of the bench stash but I wouldn't expect him to turn into a starting option. 

4 targets and 2 rushes = 6 total touches in his first ever game.

I like the odds of that number of touches going up, not down as the season progresses 

• Like 1

I'd have to imagine someone with his dynamic skill set gets more touches and receptions going ahead, maybe a bit like Kamara had his first year or two.

Which I feel would also open up better opportunities for other JAGs like their WRs and Robinson. If defenses know they can't just game plan for Robinson or one of their WRs like Chark, getting Shenault more involved could be a boon for everyone's overall effectiveness. Will be interesting to see what hapoens this week. 

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

what say you to a wr that had a 20% target share?

pretty stinkin' good, no?

see, Shinno-Go here had 4 targets on Fu Minshew's 20 passes ... that's a kid who is involved, and it will grow exponentially... look at the posts i chucked up in here yesterday - he is already affecting opposing D schemes, and opening the field for others ... that keeps his rear firmly in the gameplans and executions of said Jax gameplans. 

a 13 pt opening is scratching the surface ... his versatility guarantees touches every week from any number of formations/situations. 

this is an exciting cat to have this year, no more needs to be said.  

• Like 6
33 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

see, Shinno-Go here had 4 targets on Fu Minshew's 20 passes ... that's a kid who is involved, and it will grow exponentially... look at the posts i chucked up in here yesterday - he is already affecting opposing D schemes, and opening the field for others ... that keeps his rear firmly in the gameplans and executions of said Jax gameplans. 

a 13 pt opening is scratching the surface ... his versatility guarantees touches every week from any number of formations/situations. 

he was pretty involved per snap according to the analytics. If the snaps grow, watch out. Yes- he is certainly a valuable commodity and in the rise.

chark owners should be worried as chark may not be the target usage hog everyone thought

2 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

he was pretty involved per snap according to the analytics. If the snaps grow, watch out. Yes- he is certainly a valuable commodity and in the rise.

chark owners should be worried as chark may not be the target usage hog everyone thought

Hopefully by this guy getting involved, that it will help Chark, because now they can't double him. Especially in 3wr sets, where Cole(or Dede) & Shenault are out there.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

I dropped another rookie cat in Reagor for this dude after watching some film on him. I love how diverse the coaches were with him in the first game, which was essentially like a preseason. Sky's the limit for this cat as the Jags are in need of playmakers. Only downside is I have Chark too but I never like to pass up on potential talent on the wire .

• Like 1

I'm hoping he turns into a consistent chain mover for the Jags, that playmaker out the slot.

Getting extra touches out the backfield is just gravy on top.

Excited to see him play this week @ TEN.  

May have to plug him in once again for a spot start, with multiple injuries to my WR Corps. 

Not ideal, but I'll take another Week 1 production from Hasta Laviska no question. 

• Like 1

What other players in the past have had multiple positional options to their name? Percy Harvin? I don't recall.

Also, I know Laviska was used in the Wildcat in college. Has he ever thrown any passes? That would be sick if he pulled a CMC and threw a touchdown pass!

4 hours ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

How many did Chark have again?  [Cole:5, Laviska: 4, Chark: 3, Conley: 1]

Laviska had 28% of the WR targets.  Now he only played 62% of snaps compared to 84% for Chark, but I expect that snap count will grow.  I wouldn't start him now, but he is going to end up with a big role in this offense.

25 minutes ago, HTXMade said:

Anyone brave enough to start him this week vs Tennessee? 

My team is completely decimated, so I have no choice. I actually like this matchup and feel he has a solid chance to be productive, especially since he got his feet wet last week and the coaches saw first hand how creative they can get with him. The broncos marched up the field pretty well against this defense, so I think minshew and these guys can do decent in a rivalry tilt. The titans tend to bend over once teams get into the red, which is where Viska and his skillset should really shine

• Like 1