OrangeCrush

Raheem Mostert 2020 Outlook

So he tore/sprained his mcl so the injury can vary from a few days/one week grade 1 or at worst grade 3 4-8 weeks. He looked alright walking away so I wouldn't expect the worst.

23 minutes ago, No1Statistican said:

So he tore/sprained his mcl so the injury can vary from a few days/one week grade 1 or at worst grade 3 4-8 weeks. He looked alright walking away so I wouldn't expect the worst.

You can still walk on a torn MCL / ACL. It's the lateral movement that you can't do. 

Hopefully it's not bad as he's looked terrific so far. He deserves success from being cut several times to special teams guy and eventually starter on a good team. Hard not to root for

• Like 1

Damn...don't have him but was rooting for him given his story. He finally had his time time to shine and now this. Hope it's only mild and he comes back in a few weeks

Traded Michael thomas for him and another player the other day.

From one injury to another. I hate this game.

I think Melvin Gordon had a similar MCL sprain in 2018.  He was back in 3 weeks.  I think it was a grade 2 sprain.

Seems like Mostert was a little less serious.  I'm hoping for 1 week.  2 at the most.

Considering the circumstances, I’m guessing it was mostly precautionary. 

49ers were complaining the field was slippery and they’d already lost their best player. And they were playing a team with no chance to beat them. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

Considering the circumstances, I’m guessing it was mostly precautionary. 

49ers were complaining the field was slippery and they’d already lost their best player. And they were playing a team with no chance to beat them. 

True. Am surprised still no news, not even anything like he’s going in for a MRI tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

4 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

True. Am surprised still no news, not even anything like he’s going in for a MRI tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

He is going for an MRI. That was mentioned. 

5 hours ago, No1Statistican said:

He looked alright walking away so I wouldn't expect the worst.

Well thanks doc, we can all rest easy now!

Hopefully you all had already picked up McKinnon. I can understand the panic now if you didn’t. 

19 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Hopefully you all had already picked up McKinnon. I can understand the panic now if you didn’t. 

Even for those of us that do, there's got to be some concern that Tevin Coleman got 14 carries to McKinnon's 3. McKinnon is obviously far more talented, but I'm not sure the coaches trust his knee enough to give him a big workload this early. 

If Mostert misses any time, I bet we see Tevin Coleman eat up a lot of carries even though he sucks. 

Edited by OrangeAggie

35 minutes ago, OrangeAggie said:

Even for those of us that do, there's got to be some concern that Tevin Coleman got 14 carries to McKinnon's 3. McKinnon is obviously far more talented, but I'm not sure the coaches trust his knee enough to give him a big workload this early. 

If Mostert misses any time, I bet we see Tevin Coleman eat up a lot of carries even though he sucks. 

I agree. This backfield is way too unpredictable and keep in mind that Coleman was hurt for a bit of this game too. I think McKinnon is the better long term add but Coleman is in the way. In my eyes, it’s very much like the Mack/Taylor situation back in game 1: Coleman might be less talented but he’s getting first crack and more opportunities than McKinnon. But the problem is by the time McKinnon takes hold of the startjng job, Mostert might be well on his way back and lose some opportunities to McKinnon. As a Mostert owner, this is just bad news all around. I don’t see any silver linings here.

Edited by WaiverLooter

9 hours ago, OrangeAggie said:

starting to believe that the miners were extra cautious with all their guys because of the turf. Probably explains why McKinnon only got 3 carries. I will say I agree the highlights show Mostert and he certainly doesn’t look like he’s favouring his knee that bad 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Ah yes, for all of us that have unlimited roster space, no other players dealing with any injuries and we can just hoard every team's 3rd down back.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

Ah yes, for all of us that have unlimited roster space, no other players dealing with any injuries and we can just hoard every team's 3rd down back.  

You read too much into the comment. Obviously, if you have a bunch of injuries you can't. So, it wasn't meant for you. I also disagree with you on your disparagement of McKinnon.

Edited by FitzMagic

Anyone hearing any new updates?

Just now, tonywow said:

Anyone hearing any new updates?

Depends on where he was in line for the MRI machine...half the team was at the hospital today, so they had to do them in shifts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I would guess anywhere from 2-4 weeks. He's certainly out week 3 and probably week 4, can't imagine he all the sudden is going to play on an MCL sprain. 

4 minutes ago, Tomy said:

Likely to miss week 3...

If that's all he misses I'll be ecstatic. My gut feeling is 4 weeks. 

• Like 1