Rotoworld.com Forums

Raheem Mostert 2020 Outlook

9 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

No, it is Mostert’s backfield when he is ready.

Agreed - he's the best back here with the fewest warts. They all have warts - mostly related to constantly getting injured. Wilson is too slow to be considered the "featured back" in this style of offense, although I think he would flourish in a different offense a la Gus Bus in BAL. McKinnon is 2020s version of the $6M Dollar Man - all of the top-rated gadgetry has been used to piece him back together. He has the skills Mostert does with his speed but he's smaller and thus far even more prone to injury. Hasty looked competent and who knows maybe he's an option in this backfield at some point but he's entirely unproven. Wilson is easily #3 (at least) in this foursome, Mostert #1.Coleman is a great back (at times) but he lacks the explosiveness of Mostert/McKinnon and is every bit as injury-prone.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Debateable.  Every week they have projected points for Hollywood Brown.

Raheem Most Hurt

Or Most hurt. Depends how you wanna look at it    

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

Yes ...sounds like Kittle [...] practiced in full today but not Mostert

Same exact situation...worst possible scenario for us here. I don't think Mostert is ready to play this week to be honest...I've seen mixed reports saying anything from he could be back this week, to being out another 2-3 weeks. I think a return this week was a bit optimistic though...he would probably at least be practicing in a limited capacity today if they thought he was ready. I didn't see anything about McKinnon, so I'm thinking it will be similar to last week with McKinnon getting the passing work and Wilson handling most of the carries.

2 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

I am planning on Mostert being out. Anybody have news on McKinnon? Jeff Wilson would be in a smash spot if it’s just him and Hasty.

I believe McKinnon practiced. He wasn't on the list of non participants. He was listed as day to day with the rib injury so not surprising. Ribs are usually a pain management thing. One hit on Sunday can take him out of the game. I like Wilson Jr. this week.

As far as I’m concerned, if I see him again within a month of the injury, I’ll be thankful. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 2

I'm not worried here and frankly would rather see him rest another week so that when he returns, it'll be full strength. The team and he must be reasonably optimistic about his timeline, otherwise they would've placed him on IR. My expectation is that he'll be back next week.

51 minutes ago, trilly said:

I'm not worried here and frankly would rather see him rest another week so that when he returns, it'll be full strength. The team and he must be reasonably optimistic about his timeline, otherwise they would've placed him on IR. My expectation is that he'll be back next week.

They should just IR him for 3 to 4 weeks so he can fully heal up.  MCL sprains are no joke

9 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

They should just IR him for 3 to 4 weeks so he can fully heal up.  MCL sprains are no joke

The fact that they have not is a strong indication he'll be back Week 5. No need to hold him out longer than he needs.

The term used has been "minor". 2 weeks out w/MCL squares with the usage of that term.

36 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

MCL sprains all depend on degree of damage. 
If they felt they needed IR they would’ve done that a week ago after the MRI. 
He will be back next week vs the Fins. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

i'd sell before ppl realize that mckinnon is the captain now

I have both of them, and McKinnon is a third down back most likely when Mostert comes back. Not sure why Mostert would lose his job after how well he started the year. Kind of reminds me of how people assumed Benny Snell was going to take over Conners job, and then surprise, the snap % didn't change, Snell is just the backup. May not even be the #1 backup at this point. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

i'd sell before ppl realize that mckinnon is the captain now

I hope no one sells MustStart thinking he's lost his job to McKinnon.

Edited by Rotocious
  • Like 1

Well!!? Why does ESPn say he’s coming back this week ? Is this real news? Something about practicing tomorrow. I’d like to know so I can pass out . Lol 🤪

Edited by Bugs bunny
53 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

San Francisco 49ers RB Raheem Mostert (knee) is not expected to be available for the Week 5 game but has not been ruled out, according to head coach Kyle Shanahan.

player number 5000 on my roster who should've just been put on the damn 3 week IR. Awesome.  😕

• Like 1