Rotoworld.com Forums

Raheem Mostert 2020 Outlook

He was very limited in practice again. Fantasy aside (I own him) I think the 49ers are crazy to rush him back like this. McKinnon has been just as good as Mostert. I mean if they can't beat the Dolphins at home without him, they don't deserve to go to the playoffs anyways.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Debateable.  Every week they have projected points for Hollywood Brown.

Raheem Most Hurt

Or Most hurt. Depends how you wanna look at it    

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

He was very limited in practice again. Fantasy aside (I own him) I think the 49ers are crazy to rush him back like this. McKinnon has been just as good as Mostert. I mean if they can't beat the Dolphins at home without him, they don't deserve to go to the playoffs anyways.

"Very" limited?

Says who?

This team needs to get the running game and offense on track. This is a perfect get right game to get things moving in the right direction with a FULL compliment of weapons -- Jimmy G., Deebo, both McKinnon AND Mostert, Kittle. 

I don't think Shanahan is in the mood to just "get by" Miami this week after last week's performance.

If they were 4-0 i think they would take it easy....being 2-2 just like in fantasy your already sweating looking at the guys above you in standings. Plus they lost Bosa this year so they know there team isnt the same as last year.

Edited by the1gq2nvy
19 minutes ago, the1gq2nvy said:

If they were 4-0 i think they would take it easy....being 2-2 just like in fantasy your already sweating looking at the guys above you in standings. Plus they lost Bosa this year so they know there team isnt the same as last year.

It cuts both ways though. They probably feel lucky to be 2-2 with all the injuries - one thing that has really helped is their ridic easy schedule early on, and that doesn't change this weekend. If Mostert is not somewhere close to 100% they may just be content with McKinnon/Wilson3. All depends on how Mostert feels I suppose. Tomorrow's practice info will be big imo.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Tribe Called Questionable said:

https://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2020/10/08/san-francisco-49ers-raheem-mostert-jerick-mckinnon/

Head coach Kyle Shanahan on Monday discussed the scuffling run game after Sunday’s loss to the Eagles. He pointed to a lack of big plays as part of the reason that once-dominant aspect of the 49ers offense has been absent.

“We’ve missed the big plays since the Jets game, which is when you lose those explosives, you’ve got to be a lot more consistent. Our consistency just has not been good,” he said. “(Sunday) night, I think it was pretty obvious. Had a few chances and you’ve just got one guy whiff and it ends up being a negative play. We’re pretty aggressive in our run game by what we do, the way we try to attack people and when you do that, if you’re not on it, you lose yards. So, you can get a lot simpler and make it easier to where you’re trying to block it for one to two yards and just see what happens. Hopefully you can wear guys down over the game, but we’ve always been pretty aggressive. When you do that and you’ve got one guy off here and there, you get some negative runs. When you don’t have an explosive to counteract that, that’s really how the results have gone the last two weeks.”

scuffling run game? what that mean?

4 hours ago, MrPositive said:

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
18 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

I kind of agree with him actually. McKinnon has a TD in every single game so far and has improved each game. I don't understand why you'd risk an MCL issue too fast either. It's the frackin Dolphins people.

fantasy output doesn't equal real life performance. 2.7 and 3.9 yards per carry since Mostert has been out.

In that quote above, Shanahan even mentions the run game has been lacking.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Deke said:

fantasy output doesn't equal real life performance. 2.7 and 3.9 yards per carry since Mostert has been out.

In that quote above, Shanahan even mentions the run game has been lacking.

I mean can you have a killer run game with the way Mullens just played ?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Rotoworld didn't even list Mostert on their rankings today. Maybe they know something?

I'm guessing they're only ranking guys they know are available as with covid situation people not paying attention need guys that aren't at risk of missing out at all.

2 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

I'm guessing they're only ranking guys they know are available as with covid situation people not paying attention need guys that aren't at risk of missing out at all.

I'd say that's true until I see them rank Michael Thomas.

Raheem & McKinnon are very similar in some of the short yes gains they have been getting the difference is that Raheem has broken off monster runs. I understand McKinnon has one to his credit but the ceiling is much higher with Raheem. As an owner of both I hope they rest Mostert this week and just give the backfield to McKinnon though. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, kco734 said:

Raheem & McKinnon are very similar in some of the short yes gains they have been getting the difference is that Raheem has broken off monster runs. I understand McKinnon has one to his credit but the ceiling is much higher with Raheem. As an owner of both I hope they rest Mostert this week and just give the backfield to McKinnon though. 

As an owner of just Mostert, I hope they do the same. Explosiveness is such a big part of his game, if he comes back a shell of himself he only risks re-injuring himself or creating a nagging issue.

8 hours ago, TennisDude said:

I kind of agree with him actually. McKinnon has a TD in every single game so far and has improved each game. I don't understand why you'd risk an MCL issue too fast either. It's the frackin Dolphins people.

McKinnon has done well no doubt... but Mostert is on another level when healthy.

Mostert has played in 2 games and has the two longest plays on the season for the 9ers.  He leads tge team in yards per reception as a RB.

You get Mostert the ball 18-20 times a game he will break a big one.

57 minutes ago, umphrey said:

I think best case is he gets eased in on Sunday and gets 50% of the work he would if healthy

Most likely what is going to happen... I'll be rooting for him to go off on my benches 

3 hours ago, umphrey said:

I think best case is he gets eased in on Sunday and gets 50% of the work he would if healthy

I think if he plays I'm going to start him no matter what. Shanny seems to be the kind of coach who isn't going to throw one of his star players back into action unless he's confident that he's ready to go. Mostert has proven how effective he can be with his touches, and only needs one big play to make him worth the start. It would take a really good alternative option to bench him with a great matchup here against Miami.