Rotoworld.com Forums

Raheem Mostert 2020 Outlook

15 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I think if he plays I'm going to start him no matter what. Shanny seems to be the kind of coach who isn't going to throw one of his star players back into action unless he's confident that he's ready to go. Mostert has proven how effective he can be with his touches, and only needs one big play to make him worth the start. It would take a really good alternative option to bench him with a great matchup here against Miami.

You mean like with Deebo?

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Debateable.  Every week they have projected points for Hollywood Brown.

Raheem Most Hurt

Or Most hurt. Depends how you wanna look at it    

Posted Images

1 hour ago, fruitjacket said:

You mean like with Deebo?

Wasnt Deebo ready to go?  He looked like a boss the few times he had the ball in his hands.  Just cause he didnt go off, that doesnt mean he wasnt ready to go.  

If Mostert is ready to go, he will go.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

Wasnt Deebo ready to go?  He looked like a boss the few times he had the ball in his hands.  Just cause he didnt go off, that doesnt mean he wasnt ready to go.  

If Mostert is ready to go, he will go.

I hope you're right because I have BOTH of them.

5 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

Tough call. Feels like the "smart" thing to do here is let him ride the bench his first week back and see how he looks... but how "smart" will I feel if his 62 yard TD run happens on my bench hahaa

Wouldn’t surprise me if this happened. If you have the luxury of sitting him for someone else, I would. I can totally see starting him either way though. All this cat needs is one play, but the uncertainty of snap % and touches being distributed now with McKinnon holding down the fort is what bothers me.

It would be smart to start McKinnon and keep Mostert's touches lower thab usual.  Ease him back in, Mostert has an injury prone past and it isn't as if the backup here is useless.

I would much rather have him be good to handle the workload down the fantasy stretch and in the fantasy playoffs rather than forcing extra touches to him in week 5 coming off of an MCL sprain.

3 hours ago, Rotocious said:

It would be smart to start McKinnon and keep Mostert's touches lower thab usual.  Ease him back in, Mostert has an injury prone past and it isn't as if the backup here is useless.

I would much rather have him be good to handle the workload down the fantasy stretch and in the fantasy playoffs rather than forcing extra touches to him in week 5 coming off of an MCL sprain.

Some of us don't have the luxury of waiting for him to be good down the stretch.

3 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Late game tmrw so there's risk for those who need to make roster decisions by 1.

Hoping Shefty comes out in the AM and says Mostert will be active otherwise I may be forced to pivot to...gulp....L. Bell.

I honestly would go with Bell over Mostert this week.  His injury seems to have less ?'s surrounding it as does his backup RB.  McKinnon will get way more run than Gore tomorrow.

But I still think Mostert has top 5 RB talent.

[...] I will feel sick if this dude goes off tomorrow. But at the moment Mostert is a game time call with 2 to 3 days of limited practice activity after a serious mcl injury. If he does indeed play I have no idea how his usage will be distributed. McKinnon has looked good so they may not have to use him too much. Lots of questions... if I knew the answers to any of those questions I could feel confident putting him in. [...] Just hope he stays healthy and gets back to what we were seeing before. Honestly the match-up is the only thing that even has me looking at him this week 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
  • Like 2
43 minutes ago, Buckmcbuck said:

[...] I will feel sick if this dude goes off tomorrow. But at the moment Mostert is a game time call with 2 to 3 days of limited practice activity after a serious mcl injury. If he does indeed play I have no idea how his usage will be distributed. McKinnon has looked good so they may not have to use him too much. Lots of questions... if I knew the answers to any of those questions I could feel confident putting him in. [...] Just hope he stays healthy and gets back to what we were seeing before. Honestly the match-up is the only thing that even has me looking at him this week 

Similar situation for me too.....if it wasn't the Dolphins, I'd probably sit him for a 💯 healthy body. Wait and see for Sunday I guess

• Like 1

For those who have both (Mostert, McKinnon) do you trust mostert and start him? It would suck to start McKinnon and see roles reversed where McKinnon is the Wilson Jr of this week and never sees the field.

3 minutes ago, kco734 said:

For those who have both (Mostert, McKinnon) do you trust mostert and start him? It would suck to start McKinnon and see roles reversed where McKinnon is the Wilson Jr of this week and never sees the field.

If you have both of them they may both be worth a start depending on your other options.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Late game tmrw so there's risk for those who need to make roster decisions by 1.

Hoping Shefty comes out in the AM and says Mostert will be active otherwise I may be forced to pivot to...gulp....L. Bell.

Bro play McKinnon regardless over Bell. Jerrick is not a handcuff he’s a legit play. Bell has done NOTHIG 

2 hours ago, Rotocious said:

I honestly would go with Bell over Mostert this week.  His injury seems to have less ?'s surrounding it as does his backup RB.  McKinnon will get way more run than Gore tomorrow.

But I still think Mostert has top 5 RB talent.

Never ever 

1 hour ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Bro play McKinnon regardless over Bell. Jerrick is not a handcuff he’s a legit play. Bell has done NOTHIG 

That would be a great option if he wasn't on another person's roster.

26 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

Mostert to be a Fournette emergency plan this week I'm guessing at this point. It definitely doesn't sound like he's even 75% at this point

He may play but seriously could get hurt.  The MCL is not close too 100% or shanny woulda said he’s good to go.  That’s why he said it depends on how he feels, basically it’s on him if he says he good to go and tears his knee up even more 

Edited by Brye
12 hours ago, rlaalsrb said:

yall must have some stacked teams if you have the luxury of sitting him even when he plays. 

I was thinkin playing him but can't with Gurley and Hunt seem like must starts

One of two things will happen tomorrow.

1. Mostert will be out

2. IF Mostert does start he gets no more than 10 touches.  

Mostert will most likely be back next week, this is an easy game and Jimmy g and Deebo will be back.  They will play it safe like they did kittle, especially how McKinnon is playing great.  Just hope he’s the same upon return, i own both rbs and let me tell you something these 2 are studs and that 1-2 punch will be insane this year.   Rest him one more week please !!! 

Edited by Brye