Rotoworld.com Forums

Raheem Mostert 2020 Outlook

26 minutes ago, nb009 said:

At this point, I'm starting to worry 49ers will go back to that timeshare mess once he's fully healthy. Lingering ankle issues are no bueno and he already has injury concerns dating back the past few season.

He's the clear #1 when healthy.

Was shocked last night they gave him that many carries in the first half. McKinnon hardly touched the ball.

• Replies 847
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Debateable.  Every week they have projected points for Hollywood Brown.

Raheem Most Hurt

Or Most hurt. Depends how you wanna look at it    

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

He's the clear #1 when healthy.

Was shocked last night they gave him that many carries in the first half. McKinnon hardly touched the ball.

Yea - same here. He was getting all the burn - and McKinnon looked bad when he was out there as well. I don't think there's any discussion on the #1 when he's healthy

3 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Strangest thing last night was Mostert was ruled out, but then kept his helmet on the entire 2nd half and was standing there as if he was ready to go in. Odd.

If this is multi-week I'll be shocked.

And now everyone's running to get Hasty, but you know if Mostert is out, J. Wilson will be activated again. 

In case anyone wanted some context on the first part...

He looks in good spirits here 🙏🏽

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, alexander1231 said:

In case anyone wanted some context on the first part...

He looks in good spirits here 🙏🏽

Posts like these are why I've been coming to this forum since 2010. It never ceases to amaze me the types of insights I'm able to gather from here.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry though when seeing Raheem Mostert throw up gang signs while walking with no noticeable limp after I lost by less than 1 point because he left the game early. I'll laugh for now since the injury apparently doesn't seem serious. 

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, Buckmcbuck said:

Some people aren't meant for what they are good at. 

I think Bill Parcells said not everyone has a body for the NFL, and he's right.  Guys like Elliott and Henry can run into a wall 300 times a year with barely a scratch, others not so much.  The guy was built to be more track star than football player, he should be splitting carries and getting plays designed to get him in space and use his speed.  

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

If you think your squad is playoff-caliber he's worth holding onto. If you're utterly desperate trade him to 5-1, 4-2 teams and see what you can get.

Yeah I think you gotta just hold him and hope for the best. I don't want to sell him for cheap and make a team unbeatable when the playoffs roll around. If you have a replacement that can at least put up RB3 numbers, it's probably worth just trying to survive and unleash him in the playoffs.

• Like 1

This injury sucks, esp bc it was on a pretty pointless play. I feel bad for Mostert - he's never had a big payday and his contract adjustment this year was incentive-based. Next year is the final year of his deal and I don't imagine people will be eager to pay $$ to a 29 year old Shanahan back.

I do wonder if he's the type of guy that just can't stay healthy and be that 20 touch guy consistently, but I'm not convinced of that yet. His schedule down the stretch is beyond mouthwatering...if you can make it to the playoffs with him on your bench, he could definitely be a league winner when he's back. I'm torn between trading him away (dynasty) to make a run this year or holding onto him for the stretch run and for next year.

Edited by trilly

Dynasty buy? I’m not so sure. He’s not very young but also not very old at 27-28 and he doesn’t have much tread on the tires but seems to be getting hurt often; I just don’t know if he surivives another draft next year either 

• Like 1

ugh. This seems to be the season of "that injury didn't look to bad. look..he's walking around after the game talking to teammates. not even limping! maybe I'll have him for next week!" followed by "out for 3-7 weeks". damnit. 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, yossarian said:

ugh. This seems to be the season of "that injury didn't look to bad. look..he's walking around after the game talking to teammates. not even limping! maybe I'll have him for next week!" followed by "out for 3-7 weeks". damnit. 

Yep all these ankle/knee/hammy sprains the guys will be in some pain, but it won't swell up and make them immobile for awhile after. So sometimes they think they can play through it.