OrangeCrush

Raheem Mostert 2020 Outlook

Weird that we've seen another 49ers player get put on IR but I still don't see any news of Mostert being there.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

Dynasty buy? I’m not so sure. He’s not very young but also not very old at 27-28 and he doesn’t have much tread on the tires but seems to be getting hurt often; I just don’t know if he surivives another draft next year either 

I don't think I would want multiple years of this BS.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, trilly said:

Weird that we've seen another 49ers player get put on IR but I still don't see any news of Mostert being there.

yup. of course. I'm sure he'll go on IR some time tomorrow morning, after waivers run tonight and after his bench spot can be used to add somebody useful. 

• Like 4

so talented, but so injury prone. never dealing with this guy ever again, especially on a team coached by kyle shanahan who doesn't give you clean cut options for handcuffs. definitely not keeping him. 

Edited by TroutFister

3 hours ago, TroutFister said:

so talented, but so injury prone. never dealing with this guy ever again, especially on a team coached by kyle shanahan who doesn't give you clean cut options for handcuffs. definitely not keeping him. 

As much as I understand, I don't think Shanahan is worried about our fantasy squads and handcuffs lol

16 hours ago, trilly said:

That's what I'm searching for... anything new?  Is there a chance it wasn't as bad as they thought and he doesn't need IR? 

1 hour ago, SpartanEric said:

That's what I'm searching for... anything new?  Is there a chance it wasn't as bad as they thought and he doesn't need IR? 

No. As @yossarian wrote they gonna screw us again with this out/questionable bs. Sunday morning he will be declared out so you can pick up nobody and on Tuesday he will get a Q so that you can't make any moves with him on IR.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dorwell said:

No. As @yossarian wrote they gonna screw us again with this out/questionable bs. Sunday morning he will be declared out so you can pick up nobody and on Tuesday he will get a Q so that you can't make any moves with him on IR.

This is 100000000000000% correct

12 hours ago, squidthunder said:

As much as I understand, I don't think Shanahan is worried about our fantasy squads and handcuffs lol

as he shouldn't. 

22 hours ago, dorwell said:

and so it is. day one of "no practice ____day for Mostert". Totally looking forward to weeks of this while he just sits on my bench taking up a spot doing nothing. 

If you play on Yahoo, when he goes "O" on Sunday you can move him to an IR slot, and then as long as you make your waiver moves before Tuesday morning it will allow them to go through even though he switches back to "Q" on Tuesday.

I don't understand how this benefits the 49ers.  What am I missing?  

It seems the sooner you place him on IR, the sooner he is eligible to return, correct?  Also, it allows them to call up additional bodies to the active roster, right?  So they would be missing out on some valuable practice time...  if I'm not correct on the rules, lmk.  

What do they gain, unless they legitimately don't know if Mostert's injury will sideline him for more than 3 weeks? 

15 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

If you play on Yahoo, when he goes "O" on Sunday you can move him to an IR slot, and then as long as you make your waiver moves before Tuesday morning it will allow them to go through even though he switches back to "Q" on Tuesday.

I know. What I meant was that there is nobody left on the wire. All fliers are gone, you're facing a black hole to pick up. 

Edited by dorwell

I finally got the right comparison for this guy. Chris Johnson. 100%. Hopefully he can put the injuries behind him and come out strong for the (fantasy) playoff push.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

You should not be speaking such things. This is misinformation.  There's nothing to see here people.  Everyone go back about your business.... 

• Haha 1

If they do not put him on IR before the games this week, it should tell us the injury is not as serious as first reported.  The only way they do not IR him is if they believe he will play in the next three games.  Im hoping his status stays as it is right now

• Like 1

Out on sleeper too. Maybe IR update is coming soon. Not much help but I suppose grabbing Gus Edwards for next week in case Ingram is out would be an option this late 

The report I read was that Mostert has a high ankle sprain.  Those injuries typical require a 6-8 week recovery.  Make of that what you will.

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

The report I read was that Mostert has a high ankle sprain.  Those injuries typical require a 6-8 week recovery.  Make of that what you will.

3-6 weeks. 

8 minutes ago, Moveless said:

3-6 weeks. 

3-8 weeks.

If they don't put him on IR, that would definitely be positive sign. Fingers crossed that perhaps he suffered a less severe sprain and they hope he can be back in 3 games. If he won't be fully healthy then I'd rather him sit out through the bye week and come back 100%.

According to the interwebz:

four to six weeks

Despite the fact that most athletes who experience a low ankle sprain can return to sports within one to three weeks following the injury, those players who sustain a high ankle sprain are often out of sports for four to six weeks depending upon the injury severity.

And, when the injured player finally does return, he will have to get back up to game speed, re-establish conditioning, etc.  The player could get reinjured if he goes too hard trying to rush back, similar to what is going on with Michael Thomas this week, and many others.

A complication for Mostert is that San Francisco also has a number of other running backs they like on the roster, including Jerick McKinnon, Jeff Wilson, LyMikal Hasty, and perhaps even Tevin Coleman returns at some point.

If one or more of those backs are playing well upon Mostert's return, that could complicate any decision regarding Mostert's role going forward.

I don't worry much about the backfield competition because we've seen all of these backs in extensive action, except for Hasty, and I think it's clear Mostert is materially better. We're all speculating re: timeline, but if he doesn't go on IR that has to be a positive signal because there'd be no reason not to put him there if he was definitely going to be out for at least 3 games.

• Like 3