Rotoworld.com Forums

Taysom Hill 2020 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[ As mentioned previously, Hill's TE eligibility is a league/platform-specific issue that needs to be discussed in either the Commissioner's Corner or Platform Central thread.  Believe it or not, there are people who just want to discuss his fantasy outlook without arguing about which positional eligibility is correct.  Please help us out here and take those discussions elsewhere. ]

Yeah, and in Baldinger’s video breakdown he says “Taysom Hill is going to start this game.” I think I would’ve felt better with him saying: “Taysom Hill is the Saints starting QB.”

Edited by markrc99
  • Like 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

taysom hill owners once their fellow league managers see him slotted into the TE position  

I really like his matchup this weekend, Atlanta is last in the league against TE's, so I'm expecting a pretty big game.  

Posted Images

Just now, TennisDude said:

He had 5 years of practices and gameplays to evaluate him as their future qb. Why would he think he overspent right now?

He wouldn't and he doesn't, and that's a reflection on his judgement. I doubt Hill would have received half of what NO paid him on the open market.

• Like 1

Honestly, after seeing 99% of the Leveon Bell owners on here predict he'd be the next Walter Payton in that thread by now when he was traded to the Chiefs, makes me take a wait and see approach on Taysom Hill. Let the man have his opportunity. 

Edited by TennisDude
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

Honestly, after seeing 99% of the Leveon Bell owners on here predict he'd be the next Walter Payton in that thread by now when he was traded to the Chiefs, makes me take a wait and see approach on Taysom Hill. Let the man have his opportunity. 

My guess is that Hill will end up being a poor man's Lamar Jackson as a qb.

1 minute ago, sjm76 said:

My guess is that Hill will end up being a poor man's Lamar Jackson as a qb.

That's my problem. I don't trust anybody's guesses on here any longer after I was literally attacked and dragged through the mud for thinking that Leveon Bell wasn't going to 'immediately be the man' in KC.

Just now, Sonny_D said:

Atlanta did a great job against another mobile QB in Bridgewater their last time out. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Teddy is a much better QB than Hill right now. 

And your limb may be rotting. Nobody alive got to evaluate both those two guys more than Sean Payton. He let Bridgewater walk and signed Hill to a massive contract. Think about that.

• Like 4

[ Posts removed.  As mentioned previously, Hill's TE eligibility is a league/platform-specific issue that needs to be discussed in either the Commissioner's Corner or Platform Central thread.  Believe it or not, there are people who just want to discuss his fantasy outlook without arguing about which positional eligibility is correct.  Please help us out here and take those discussions elsewhere. ]

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
45 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

you can't wait and see on a one game opportunity at TE

start him this week, and if he bombs easy drop

30 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

And your limb may be rotting. Nobody alive got to evaluate both those two guys more than Sean Payton. He let Bridgewater walk and signed Hill to a massive contract. Think about that.

Lmao. Yeah, signed him to double what he would have gotten in the open market. Keep drinking the Payton Kool-Aid bro. 

40 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

EXACTLY. This is the guy that took Kamara in the 3rd round. I'm going with Payton's eyes and mind until further notice. He must really think he has a gem here in Hill. I guess we'll all see today at least. It'll be fun either way! Not to mention that HIll is 3 times more mobile than Bridgewater. That's just a silly comparison anyways. The question is HIll's accuracy on passes that needs to be answered in a full game.

Edited by TennisDude
2 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Those starting him today are taking an enormous leap of faith. But when guys like Carson Wentz are giving you back to back weeks of 8 points, many have nothing to lose. 

I played Drew Lock last week. so ya, can't get worse than that.

3 minutes ago, Deke said:

Less fantasy points than Luton, Lock, and Flacco? Hmmmmm

48 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Atlanta did a great job against another mobile QB in Bridgewater their last time out. I’m gonna go out on a limb and say Teddy is a much better QB than Hill right now. 

I don’t think we can really compare Hill to any conventional QB... maybe Cam Newton would be the closest.

We have no idea how the Saints are going to use him, and it’s been proven time and again you don’t need to be a great passer to have fantasy value.

If he rushes for 40 yards, scores on the ground, passes for 170 yards, and scores once through the air, you have 20 points. Almost double the production of Wentz or Lock last week. 

Against the softest defense (according to Yahoo). That works out to 10 rushing yards per quarter, and 43 passing yards per quarter. One touchdown per half. Defenses have to account for Kamara (easy dump offs) plus Sanders, Cook, and Thomas. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
1 minute ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

If he rushes for 40 yards, scores on the ground, passes for 170 yards, and scores once through the air, you have 20 points. Almost triple the production of Wentz or Lock last week. 

And I would say only 40 yards rushing is the floor here. I mean even Daniel Jones is getting like 60 a week for a while now.

3 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Smells like Tim Tebow in here. Fantasy purposes he will be great.

Tebow was confirmed by 4 teams to not be able to hit the side of a barn with a pass. Tebow also had the longest throwing motion ever recorded.

How do we know that's the case with Hill yet?

Edited by MrPositive