Rotoworld.com Forums

Taysom Hill 2020 Outlook

Message added by tonycpsu

[ As mentioned previously, Hill's TE eligibility is a league/platform-specific issue that needs to be discussed in either the Commissioner's Corner or Platform Central thread.  Believe it or not, there are people who just want to discuss his fantasy outlook without arguing about which positional eligibility is correct.  Please help us out here and take those discussions elsewhere. ]

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

taysom hill owners once their fellow league managers see him slotted into the TE position  

I really like his matchup this weekend, Atlanta is last in the league against TE's, so I'm expecting a pretty big game.  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, cbsholy said:

“... I'd be surprised if very many of the players advocating for Winston were on the defensive side of the ball. Just my two cents, but there are various reasons why some of the players mightve been advocating for Winston before the game this week.”

First, the NFL Network showed some of Kamara’s run from yesterday & I think owners may want to consider that part of his frustration had to do with the defense placing greater emphasis to account for him. I’m going to skip over Winston, other than to say that whether some of his teammates believed he gave them the best chance to win, they’re all going to support the QB, regardless of who. But the big deal here is whether Drew Brees loses his job if Hill performs well in the coming weeks. Internally, they know how they want to handle this. Whether Brees recovers is only relevant if Hill falters. If that report I saw on ESPN sometime after noon yesterday is valid, Brees isn’t going to return, unless they need him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, JaylenBrownFanclub said:

So he can be left in at TE, but your lineup is locked it seems like. 

Your roster will be invalid you won’t get any points at TE 

•  
  • A fantasy manager who has Hill in his/her TE slot will have an invalid roster and will not be able to make any changes to the roster until Hill is moved to QB or the bench.

•  

23 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Your roster will be invalid you won’t get any points at TE 

•  
  • A fantasy manager who has Hill in his/her TE slot will have an invalid roster and will not be able to make any changes to the roster until Hill is moved to QB or the bench.

•  

Doesn't say anything about points.  Just that you can't make changes until he is out of that spot.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

Doesn't say anything about points.  Just that you can't make changes until he is out of that spot.

Once upon a time when ESPN was a paid site to play when you had an invalid roster you got zero points. 

so If it is Invalid roster I have to assume no points 

But ... @Gandalfthecat nobody knows 

5 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Looks like they’ve made the change live already. If you keep your exact same roster I think you will get the points at TE (not sure, guess they could count it as 0?) It will not let me make any substitution within my current roster though... oof. 

yeah I have my week 11 lineup now set through the season. Mods, I believe this to be relevant!

13 hours ago, markrc99 said:

First, the NFL Network showed some of Kamara’s run from yesterday & I think owners may want to consider that part of his frustration had to do with the defense placing greater emphasis to account for him. I’m going to skip over Winston, other than to say that whether some of his teammates believed he gave them the best chance to win, they’re all going to support the QB, regardless of who. But the big deal here is whether Drew Brees loses his job if Hill performs well in the coming weeks. Internally, they know how they want to handle this. Whether Brees recovers is only relevant if Hill falters. If that report I saw on ESPN sometime after noon yesterday is valid, Brees isn’t going to return, unless they need him. 

Brees will be the starter the second Brees is healthy enough to start.  The Taysom Hill gimmick worked, one time, against no-Julio Atlanta.  Against a good D or when opponents get film on Hill?  Yeah...a slower Lamar Jackson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Brees will be the starter the second Brees is healthy enough to start.  The Taysom Hill gimmick worked, one time, against no-Julio Atlanta.  Against a good D or when opponents get film on Hill?  Yeah...a slower Lamar Jackson.

you mean a more accurate Lamar Jackson

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

There will need to be adjustments once teams have film on him. But he looked the part, other than his arm punt, lol. He was accurate, very adept at maneuvering through the pocket, showed good zip, had a couple of good progression reads. And as the game progressed, he got more comfortable and got better, and the offense had more flow to it. And just because he’s slower than Lamar doesn’t mean he’s slow. 

And I’m not sure what Julio had to do with things. The difference he would have made would have been minimal. The Saints front hit Chokey Ice 20 times yesterday. And he played more than the Saints best CB. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

FleaFlicker took his WR eligibility away, and when that happened, he was automatically taken out of any WR or Flex spot, lol. So unlike ESPN, they won’t allow owners to cheat and leave him in a slot that isn’t QB. Lol. 

Just now, dudewithabadcat said:

So. I watched a portion of this game and I was wondering if I am a terrible judge of skill but.....Taysom Hill is a decent QB play in this new NFL.

nope. just new guy with speed. We've all seen this before

WTS, I will use my waive priority on him