Jump to content
Rotoworld.com Forums

Taysom Hill 2020 Outlook


Message added by tonycpsu

[ As mentioned previously, Hill's TE eligibility is a league/platform-specific issue that needs to be discussed in either the Commissioner's Corner or Platform Central thread.  Believe it or not, there are people who just want to discuss his fantasy outlook without arguing about which positional eligibility is correct.  Please help us out here and take those discussions elsewhere. ]

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

taysom hill owners once their fellow league managers see him slotted into the TE position  

I really like his matchup this weekend, Atlanta is last in the league against TE's, so I'm expecting a pretty big game.  

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

What a stupid take

Lamar is barely in the top 10 through this point in the season. I don't see it as much of a stretch that Hill out produces him for the next few weeks. The schedule certainly lends to it

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Taysom will be a homeless man's version of Josh Allen until Brees's return on the first day Brees is eligible.

Drew, is that you? Thou doth protest too much, methinks.

So everything Payton has said off the record about believing Taysom can be the next Steve Young is all just for entertainment value? Gotcha.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, timexsocialclub said:

Drew, is that you? Thou doth protest too much, methinks.

So everything Payton has said off the record about believing Taysom can be the next Steve Young is all just for entertainment value? Gotcha.

Did you see that deep ball to Sanders?

Taysom's good for fantasy for the next couple of weeks, but, man. That was ROUGH

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Did you see that deep ball to Sanders?

Taysom's good for fantasy for the next couple of weeks, but, man. That was ROUGH

One underthrown ball in his first official start? Not sure that's enough to close the book on him at QB. I saw lots of other positive signs such as his two rushing TDs and him going 18/23...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

One underthrown ball in his first official start? Not sure that's enough to close the book on him at QB. I saw lots of other positive signs such as his two rushing TDs and him going 18/23...

Sure I'm not saying I wont start him, but watch the higlights from that game. It was kind of ugly. Shouldve been picked off twice but alanta defenders have butterfingers. 

and that deepball was embarassing. Like he threw a pop up to his kid practicing baseball

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Did you see that deep ball to Sanders?

Taysom's good for fantasy for the next couple of weeks, but, man. That was ROUGH

It can partially be chalked up to his lower half being hit on that throw--as Underhill illustrated on his Twitter account...

I also saw another bomb, a 49 yard TD to Sanders, that was negated by penalty...it was a nice throw--around 60 yards in the air.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Taysom Hill is around 30 years old and has thrown fewer than 50 NFL passes.

And you guys are talking about him replacing a Hall of Fame quarterback.

I have seen wishful thinking on these forums before, but this one is going to new heights.  (Or lows?)

Yes, we get it.  You cleverly got a middling backup QB into your TE slot and he got to make a start at QB and put up decent points.  You are officially a fantasy savant.  Congrats.

Now back to reality.  This is Drew's spot, Drew's team, and Drew's city.  And Drew will be back playing QB as soon as his lung can hold air.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, timexsocialclub said:

Drew, is that you? Thou doth protest too much, methinks.

So everything Payton has said off the record about believing Taysom can be the next Steve Young is all just for entertainment value? Gotcha.


He said that once three years ago. It’s amazing how much traction that statement has gotten. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Taysom Hill is around 30 years old and has thrown fewer than 50 NFL passes.

And you guys are talking about him replacing a Hall of Fame quarterback.

I have seen wishful thinking on these forums before, but this one is going to new heights.  (Or lows?)

Yes, we get it.  You cleverly got a middling backup QB into your TE slot and he got to make a start at QB and put up decent points.  You are officially a fantasy savant.  Congrats.

Now back to reality.  This is Drew's spot, Drew's team, and Drew's city.  And Drew will be back playing QB as soon as his lung can hold air.

Drew may have played his last game this season or ever possibly, hall of fame status notwithstanding. He's 41 with crushed ribs and a lung that doesn't breathe properly but sure this is his team.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:


He said that once three years ago. It’s amazing how much traction that statement has gotten. 

Is it? He's been playing behind a HOF quarterback for the three years since and hasn't really hadn't opportunity, Just because Payton said it three years ago doesn't mean he doesn't still believe it. In fact, the contract they signed Hill to suggests otherwise.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Brees is three years younger than Brady.  I believe Brees will keep playing until Brady hangs 'em up for good so Brees can be the all time TD pass leader.  And I think Payton will let him, and I think the city of New Orleans will embrace it.

If the Saints really thought Taysom Hill was better than Brees, they would have released Brees.  And they would not have signed Jameis Winston.  But they didn't, because they don't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Brees is three years younger than Brady.  I believe Brees will keep playing until Brady hangs 'em up for good so Brees can be the all time TD pass leader.  And I think Payton will let him, and I think the city of New Orleans will embrace it.

If the Saints really thought Taysom Hill was better than Brees, they would have released Brees.  And they would not have signed Jameis Winston.  But they didn't, because they don't.

Them ribs tell a different story.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, timexsocialclub said:

Is it? He's been playing behind a HOF quarterback for the three years since and hasn't really hadn't opportunity, Just because Payton said it three years ago doesn't mean he doesn't still believe it. In fact, the contract they signed Hill to suggests otherwise.


Of course it is. He said it one time three years ago, and people act like he just said it this year or this season. It’s ridiculous. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week's dual TE/QB eligibility will never been seen again. 

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Brees is three years younger than Brady.  I believe Brees will keep playing until Brady hangs 'em up for good so Brees can be the all time TD pass leader.  And I think Payton will let him, and I think the city of New Orleans will embrace it.

If the Saints really thought Taysom Hill was better than Brees, they would have released Brees.  And they would not have signed Jameis Winston.  But they didn't, because they don't.

Brees turns 42 in January and Brady just turned 43 this past August. They are closer in age than you said. Even if they were 3 years apart (which they are not) Brees has more wear and tear on his body than Brady. Also, whether you are 43 or 42 doesn't matter. Both guys are ancient relics at this point of their careers. 

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheForearmShiver said:

For all those people throwing out Hill’s age at 30...Anyone want to venture a guess as to how old Steve Young was when He became the full time starter after Montana?

ok but Bill Walsh > Sean Payton

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chippa said:

ok but Bill Walsh > Sean Payton

That’s pretty irrelevant to this conversation. Payton’s a good coach. Bill Walsh was great. So what? All that really does it take credit away from Young’s greatness. I’m not saying that Hill becomes Steve Young, but it’s not impossible that he becomes a QB1 given the supporting cast and coach. Before this injury, most people assumed Brees would be behind a microphone next year. This injury potentially makes that even more likely. As a dynasty owner, I liked what I saw from the guy. If I only get a few starts out of him this year, it’s gravy. He has a chance to really help teams who lost Dax or Burrows. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...