thebadferret

Mike Gesicki 2020 Outlook

Gesicki isn't your normal safety valve TE though. They have other TEs I believe who fit that role. Gesicki plays out of the slot essentially as another WR. Obviously things can't get too much worse with Gesicki's outlook but I'm not really optimistic it will get that much better. 

Edited by owenmills

16 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

No. But I would not be surprised if he starts popping again. 

Me either. He has a pretty good matchup.

I don't know if Micah Kiser would cover him or a slot corner but I'd really like my chances if it was Kiser, he is a better run defender than in coverage. 

Tua will try to find a good matchup so If Gesiki is winning I could see Tua hitting him for about 5 catches, 50 yards or more and a shot at a TD. Mostly what you ask of just about any TE you start.

For all you Get Sticki lovers:

“He has every throw in the book. I think he’s got the intelligence to make all of the reads and he’s got the legs to be able to escape pressure and make plays with his feet,” said Gesicki, who has consistently worked as the scout team tight end since the 2019 season, including the past six weeks catching passes from Tagovailoa.

Biggest takeaway is that Get Sticki has been the scout team TE the past 6 weeks catching passes from Tua. Often times rookie QBs can lock onto guys they have practiced with most, might be sneaky info for those starting Get Sticki this week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Where did Get Sticki come from? His nickname is Gesucki until further notice 

10 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I came up with Get Sticki and I am also credited with Myles Gas Can. 

@pastorofmuppets2 came up with King Hendry (much to my chagrin)

2 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

No. But I would not be surprised if he starts popping again. 

agreed. and the only place the Rams are beatable on D is middle of the field with their safeties, so this matchup should provide Gesicki some decent usage, and I think the rapport with Tua will be evident. I'm not starting him this week but expect him to have a pretty decent day, and give hope to Gesicki owners moving forward.

Was cool on him because of how often he's taken off the field, but the whole scope of the offense changes with Tua, and perhaps Gesicki could start being utilized more.  Even if he still is on the field for less snaps than we'd like, maybe Tua has an immediate in game connection with him because of the practice squad connection.

Not confident enough to roll him out this week but will be excitedly keeping an eye on that game.

• Like 1

Dropped Tonyan and picked him back up when I heard Tua would be starting.

Let's hope his snaps counts spike now.

There are entire drives sometimes where you barely see Gesicki on the field.

That's a problem. 

For now he'll ride the bench, Mike is on a prove it deal with me. 

Edited by RunCMC
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, RunCMC said:

That's a problem. 

Yeah I have Gesicki but with Goedert back Inwas considering flipping him.  But I have been hyped out for the QB change to possible bump Gesicki's value (no offense Fitzmagic I still love you bro).

You Gesicki owners pumped to start him with Tua vs The Rams today?

9 hours ago, RunCMC said:

That's a problem. 

Doubt he’ll be in the field any more often just because of QB change. Gesicki owners just have to hope he gets thrown to more by Tia when he’s out there. They extended Shaheen recently so the other TEs seem to be very much a big part of Miami’s game plan. 

• Like 1

He’s less of a TE and more of a big slot guy - I’ll be starting him and monitoring this change closely 

Just to gauge perspective here, I am actually starting him over Jonnu in a high stakes league today. 

Like everything I have read and seen matchup wise today here.

1 hour ago, malta69 said:

Just to gauge perspective here, I am actually starting him over Jonnu in a high stakes league today. 

Yea, I played him ahead of Hurst this week

Care to elaborate on what you have read? Does Tua like him or the team say anything about getting him involved?

Nice! From a personal stand point I'm loving these comments as they give me thay much more confidence in Gesicki.

I'm starting Sample over him and Tonyan in a semi-rebuild PPR where I don't care about a loss.  Sadly, this stinks of a game where he wows then does nothing for weeks.  His usage/lack of is a mystery given his athletic profile.  Good luck, fellas.

I’m flexing him after reading some of these posts, also have Parker. Someone has to do good right? 🤷🏻‍♂️

20 hours ago, owenmills said:

Still Gesucki

• Haha 1

I know almost everyone is out on Gesicki, but Ford getting traded could be a big deal for him - Ford is a slot guy and had a few games this year with pretty heavy target volume, which Gesicki hopefully will absorb some/most of.

The Rams game painted a horrifying picture for the future of all MIA offensive players, but the game script was wacky in that; you should see a bit of a rebound from the offense soon (maybe not this week though!).

• Like 1

Can't play him this week.  Wait a week to see how this plays out.  I'm really hoping that was a rust game for Tua and they open up the offense now.