thebadferret

Mike Gesicki 2020 Outlook

I also think the ADP is going to climb here.  He's fast become one of my favorite targets.  

• Like 1

Have you seen the shrapnel the 2010-12 Bills had at TE and the 2015-16 Jets had. The Jets had a WR who moved like a TE in 2015 named Brandon Marshall go for 109-1502-14 TD's the following year the wheels fell off 59-788-3 TD's. In 2008 Tony Gonzalez went 96-1058-10 TD's with guys named Thigpen, Huard and Croyle throwing to him so maybe he will game plan around his best targets and it is quite possible Gesicki is top 2.  This is just an assumption but his last 5 years coaching in the NFL his QB was Fitzpatrick so maybe part of the reason he was brought in was their familiarity.

If they assign Gesicki to the Brandon Marshall role in the offense, we might be cooking with grease.

17 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Meh. Just a jag.

JAJAG?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BrianM said:

JAJAG?

Just another JAJAG.

AI3r.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

TE is such a tough position to play.  Sometimes it takes a year or two for it all to make sense.  TE is tougher than WR to learn but both are tricky.

1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

Just another JAJAG.

AI3r.gif

How Drostian of you

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BMcP said:

How Drostian of you

69d9a1ec83677020e95c73b313ef8720.jpg

You know me, if it ain't Dutch, it ain't much ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How do we like Gesicki this year? He's going undrafted in a couple of my leagues for whatever reason. I don't normally roster two TEs, but he's got upside if Fitzpatrick is the starter.

I was looking at him in my draft but decided to go with Fant instead. I think Fant has more upside and is super athletic for a TE (Kelce and Prime Jimmy G like) .. I also have Preston Williams so that’s another reason why I passed on Gesiecki but the targets should be there. Most of the receiving options are either injured or opted out in Miami. 

• Like 1

if Gesicki continues to line up at the slot 70% of the time as he did towards the end of late last season I think he will have a great year especially with Miami losing a couple of WR to the COVID opt out. I assume Fitz at least starts the first 4-5 games of the season

On 8/28/2020 at 3:27 PM, kdpat15 said:

if Gesicki continues to line up at the slot 70% of the time as he did towards the end of late last season I think he will have a great year especially with Miami losing a couple of WR to the COVID opt out. I assume Fitz at least starts the first 4-5 games of the season

That's a great point.  Gesicki might be forced into the slot with the opt-outs, especially since Chan Gailey likes a multiple WR, spread type offense.  

On 5/19/2020 at 9:13 PM, Boudewijn said:

69d9a1ec83677020e95c73b313ef8720.jpg

You know me, if it ain't Dutch, it ain't much ;)

Totally agree!

• Thanks 1

Hurns and Wilson were both supposed to play in the slot before opting out. Look for Gesicki and Ford to split those duties with Grant filling in here and there. Fitz is going to be throwing 50/50 balls all year to 6'6 Gesicki, 6'5 Williams, and 6'3 Parker.

I was hammered late in my draft last night and kind of picked him just because he was the highest rated TE left on my sheet. I’m liking what I’m reading about him though.

37 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I was hammered late in my draft last night and kind of picked him just because he was the highest rated TE left on my sheet. I’m liking what I’m reading about him though.

You done good.

TEs with the best chance to finish top 10 this year outside the top 4 IMO are:

Jonnu Smiff

Gesiki

Goedert

Higbee

All reasonably priced.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, owenmills said:

We have countless stories of people that got too hammered during the draft and completely screwed up their team.  I've had this league since 2003.  I got hammered a few years ago and had the worst season ever.  Really have to pace yourself! I typically don't crack a brew until we get into the 3rd or 4th round, just to be safe. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

Don't draft drunk.

I get drunk every draft. My best drafts have come under extreme drunken circumstances! 

35 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

We have countless stories of people that got too hammered during the draft and completely screwed up their team.  I've had this league since 2003.  I got hammered a few years ago and had the worst season ever.  Really have to pace yourself! I typically don't crack a brew until we get into the 3rd or 4th round, just to be safe. 

Haha well the good news is it’s an in person draft with good buddies and everyone’s drinking. What’s the point of fantasy football if you can’t have some fun?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cody_ODea said:

I get drunk every draft. My best drafts have come under extreme drunken circumstances! 

Makes sense.

Your worst drafts are when you are sober and coherent?

6 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Haha well the good news is it’s an in person draft with good buddies and everyone’s drinking. What’s the point of fantasy football if you can’t have some fun?

Agree but there was a year where a couple guys started drinking really early and by the time it was draft hour, were near pass-out territory.  It was the worst season he ever had.  But good for the rest of us as he always had good teams lol.  

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Makes sense.

Your worst drafts are when you are sober and coherent?

Haven't tried that ;)