thebadferret

Mike Gesicki 2020 Outlook

3/4 of a page with no Gesicki posts/news. Wonderful. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Cody_ODea said:

I get drunk every draft. My best drafts have come under extreme drunken circumstances! 

Lol my buddy got hammered back in 2017, took Tyreek hill 1st round, Kareem hunt 2nd round, Adam thielen 3rd round. We clowned him non stop, until the season started. 

Just now, Sonny_D said:

3/4 of a page with no Gesicki posts/news. Wonderful. 

Listen if you’re looking for impactful fantasy advice I suggest you go somewhere. This isn’t a fantasy football forum. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I see people saying to avoid Gesicki because his coach never utilizes his TEs. I don’t buy that. He’s basically just a receiver let’s be honest, I don’t think he does much blocking at all. And who else is there to throw to? Devante and Preston Williams who is coming off an ACL tear. I remember people on here saying to avoid George Kittle in his sophomore year because Kyle Shanahan never uses his tight ends, that was awful advice. Just go where the targets are, Gesicki should see plenty. 

• Like 2

listed as the #2 TE on the just-released depth chart.

I know this guy is more of a slot receiver, and he'll still get his decent share of snaps and targets. But there was already a ton of concern about Chan Gailey killing the value of TEs...this team is going to try to pound the ball, and with an awful OL, they need the blocking TE more than usual. Color me worried.

Thinking about cutting bait for an Ebron or Doyle type.

Not listed as the starter on the depth chart. Reason to worry?

8 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

listed as the #2 TE on the just-released depth chart.

I know this guy is more of a slot receiver, and he'll still get his decent share of snaps and targets. But there was already a ton of concern about Chan Gailey killing the value of TEs...this team is going to try to pound the ball, and with an awful OL, they need the blocking TE more than usual. Color me worried.

Thinking about cutting bait for an Ebron or Doyle type.

whoops. sorry didn't see you posted that hahah

17 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

Not listed as the starter on the depth chart. Reason to worry?

No.

• Thanks 1

I don't think there is anything to worry about, who is the other dolphins TE lol? sure no one has ever heard of him.

Smythe is the starting TE and was listed so most of last year. Gesicki only played in-line about 150+ snaps to Smythe's 350+. Gesicki played most of his snaps in the slot or split. At least that's was two really smart guys on Twitter told me. Semantics I believe since we really want Mike to keep playing in the slot. Frankly I'd be worried if Miami was trying something else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tight end: Durham Smythe was surprisingly listed as the starter, with Mike Gesicki and Adam Shaheen behind him in that order. Twice in the past few weeks, tight ends coach George Godsey spoke of Smythe’s immense value in ways that aren’t always visible on a stat sheet.

“A guy like Mike that’s envisioned as just a receiver and not a blocker, we’ve worked hard to help him get better as a blocker and I think he’s done that,” Gailey said before the depth chart was announced.

“I think we’ve also done the same thing with Durham. We’ve worked hard with him to help his receiving, and he’s worked hard at it, and I think he’s gotten better at it. Hopefully we’ve got balance there, more than people might think at this point.”

I dont really think there is any concern here. He will be in on passing situations and red zone. Fins are lacking in receivers. So hes prob considered #3 passing option, not including RBs. Had to bail for Goedert this week bc I need the win Week 1 esp. Eagles in same predicament but I trust eagles offense a bit more

Anyone starting him week 1? Anyone have Gesicki as their TE1? I was the last manager to pick up a TE in my league so I grabbed Jonnu Smith and Gesicki. But I'm nervous rolling him out their vs Hoodie's squad.

19 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Anyone starting him week 1? Anyone have Gesicki as their TE1? I was the last manager to pick up a TE in my league so I grabbed Jonnu Smith and Gesicki. But I'm nervous rolling him out their vs Hoodie's squad.

I waited on TE and grabbed him around 130 as my TE1. He scored the game winner against New England last year to knock the Pats out of the bye, hopefully he brings that again!

• Like 1

Miami has always played NE tough.   They upset them alot.   With all the injuries at WR, Gesicki should benifit immensley.  He is a  great start this week.  

My line on him this week is.-   6-45- TD 

If Gesicki is going to have an impact with Miami, ( I think he will)  this would be the game to prove it. 

42 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Miami has always played NE tough.   They upset them alot.   With all the injuries at WR, Gesicki should benifit immensley.  He is a  great start this week.  

My line on him this week is.-   6-45- TD 

If Gesicki is going to have an impact with Miami, ( I think he will)  this would be the game to prove it. 

That is true, Fins always gives NE the business. Does it matter tho that they play in Foxboro, I could be wrong but I think most the upsets have been in Miami. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

That is true, Fins always gives NE the business. Does it matter tho that they play in Foxboro, I could be wrong but I think most the upsets have been in Miami. 

Gesicki beat them in Foxboro last year on the final drive. Im hoping that dolphins defense surprises people this year with X and Byron Jones. Everyone is drooling over Cam in NE but lets see what the fins are about this weekend!!

• Like 1

I think people are sleeping on Gesicki in general. Probably because he's on Miami. But he is extremely athletic and has great hands, pretty much a huge slot receiver. If you haven't already, watch his tape from 2019. I understand his situation might not be the most conducive to a breakout, but he's got the skillset to be a stud in this league sometime relatively soon. 

1 hour ago, cbsholy said:

I think people are sleeping on Gesicki in general. Probably because he's on Miami. But he is extremely athletic and has great hands, pretty much a huge slot receiver. If you haven't already, watch his tape from 2019. I understand his situation might not be the most conducive to a breakout, but he's got the skillset to be a stud in this league sometime relatively soon. 

Miami is going to be a bit dangerous this year.  Preston is back.  Parker is back.  Breida is in.  JoHo is on board.  Tua will eventually get the nod.  I see this all opening up the playing field for Gesicki...he will be a chain mover. 

Probably gets 2 TD's today against the rebuilding Pats.

Anyone rolling him out this week?

4 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

LOL I wasn't until I read this. I mean, every time I bet against Hoodie I usually lose. I'm rolling with Jonnu Smith instead but good luck to those who start him. I'm going to wait and see how he does this week. I know Jonnu is far from a lock too but I like his matchup a little more.

• Like 1

I love Gesicki but rolling with Jonnu this week 🤷‍♂️🤞

32 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

I'm rolling with him over the likes of Ebron and Jonnu, but I'm not excited about it. I wish I was able to get Hurst instead. With that said, NE's defense should be easier for TEs without Hightower this year. I could see Gesicki scoring but I'm not banking on it. 

• Like 2