thebadferret

Mike Gesicki 2020 Outlook

Gesicki is talented but lets face it, the team he is on is terrible

Dorp City?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Dorp City?

After 1 game? If anything the team being terrible should help him rack up targets/catches if he's really good. TDs may be harder to come by but then again garbage time counts too

2 minutes ago, owenmills said:

After 1 game? If anything the team being terrible should help him rack up targets/catches if he's really good. TDs may be harder to come by but then again garbage time counts too

Just seeing more on the waiver wire with better potential.

Unless your stuck with him and have no other options, you would have to willing to drop him for D Davis, Snell, or Hines.

He seems at best a bye week, match-up dependent TE 2.   The defenses he is playing this year is making me conisder him as expendable.

What is everyone's thoughts on Gesicki?

I am super high on him for the year.  I only saw a few highlights of the Week 1 game and in those highlights were a few really great defensive plays against Fitzmagic to Gesicki, including a RZ opportunity.  I'm not reading too much into the Pats - Dolphins game for ANY player on either side.  If Fitzmagic places those two passes about a foot higher where only Gesicki could reach them....we are talking a 16+ point game and people are scrambling for him on the waivers or touting how much of a beast he is going to be.  Lastly, the Pats/Dolphins game script was odd as hell so I am not really sure what to make of it.  

Strong hold. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

What is everyone's thoughts on Gesicki?

I am super high on him for the year.  I only saw a few highlights of the Week 1 game and in those highlights were a few really great defensive plays against Fitzmagic to Gesicki, including a RZ opportunity.  I'm not reading too much into the Pats - Dolphins game for ANY player on either side.  If Fitzmagic places those two passes about a foot higher where only Gesicki could reach them....we are talking a 16+ point game and people are scrambling for him on the waivers or touting how much of a beast he is going to be.  Lastly, the Pats/Dolphins game script was odd as hell so I am not really sure what to make of it.  

Strong hold. 

Where did you see these highlights? I'd like to see them as I was on the fence about dropping him but it's been only 1 game against the Pats.... I too was very high on him this season. The dude is a freak of nature at the TE position.

Is Gesicki your starter or backup? I have Jonnu who I started and had a good game but still is unproven. I want to hold Gesicki but what options is he worth swapping for? Best I have is Herndon or Logan Thomas.

Edited by RoseLin23

8 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Where did you see these highlights? I'd like to see them as I was on the fence about dropping him but it's been only 1 game against the Pats.... I too was very high on him this season. The dude is a freak of nature at the TE position.

Is Gesicki your starter or backup? I have Jonnu who I started and had a good game but still is unproven. I want to hold Gesicki but what options is he worth swapping for? Best I have is Herndon or Logan Thomas.

I started Fant but I think Gesicki is going to be a better play as the season goes on. 

I think it was the official NFL highlights. 

For this week, Bills are hurting at linebacker. Matt Milano is probably out and Tremaine Edmunds is nursing some kind of shoulder injury. If Parker is out, Gesicki could see a lot of targets in the slot.

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He will be useless until Tua plays.

Fitz likes taking deeper shots he won't ever zone in on Gesiki.

Just my opinion.

Hey buddy, I can find opinions all day long on Reddit.   If I believed them all, I'd think Trump and Biden are both puppets for the Illuminati and that CSI Miami was the greatest show of all time.

11 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He will be useless until Tua plays.

Fitz likes taking deeper shots he won't ever zone in on Gesiki.

Just my opinion.

I could see that angle, makes sense. Fitz loves to sling it downfield.

The rookie Tua will need that safety valve, enter Mike Gesicki. 

On 9/15/2020 at 11:43 AM, Sivaro said:

Dorp City?

IDK...with Parker gimpy, they've got to throw to someone. 

Just now, K197040 said:

IDK...with Parker gimpy, they've got to throw to someone. 

Parker tredning toward playing this week.

Gesicki is a Boom/Bust.  I would not be scared to play him this week, but consistency is going to be an issue for Miami all year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sivaro said:

Parker tredning toward playing this week.

Gesicki is a Boom/Bust.  I would not be scared to play him this week, but consistency is going to be an issue for Miami all year.

Thanks.  I hadn't see the update on Parker.  Even with Parker, they should be behind every game.   I'd be hoping for a floor of a few receptions and 30-40 yards with the possibility of a TD.

1 minute ago, K197040 said:

Thanks.  I hadn't see the update on Parker.  Even with Parker, they should be behind every game.   I'd be hoping for a floor of a few receptions and 30-40 yards with the possibility of a TD.

If the Coaches would pull their heads out of their rear ends he would be the #2 Receiver on the team.   I think they will figure it out eventually and Gesicki becomes a huge fantasy star.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

If the Coaches would pull their heads out of their rear ends he would be the #2 Receiver on the team.   I think they will figure it out eventually and Gesicki becomes a huge fantasy star.

I hope you're right. I passed on picking up Logan Thomas who I think could break out. I just can't cut bait on this dude after 1 game.

• Like 1

Mike balled out.  Can he continue this moving forward ?

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

Mike balled out.  Can he continue this moving forward ?

He is a talent.  What a one handed grab today.  I’m holding 

• Like 1

Balled out for sure I think the bills missing 2 starting LB had a little something to do with it tho.  This usage was super encouraging .

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tghetty said:

He is a talent.  What a one handed grab today.  I’m holding 

6'6 - 249lbs monster 

He needs targets tho, today was beautiful with 11 coming his way. Last week's 5 just won't cut. 

Definite playmaker + RZ target. Just hope they keep looking his way. 

• Like 1

Slot monster today.   Gotta get him in the lineup, and i'm going to bench Ertz to do so.    

1 hour ago, BrianM said:

Slot monster today.   Gotta get him in the lineup, and i'm going to bench Ertz to do so.    

Same. Feeling dumb for drafting Ertz in the 4th rd. 

On 9/15/2020 at 12:43 PM, Sivaro said:

Dorp City?

Hope you didn't drop him. Today wasn't bad

spacer.png

• Like 1

I dropped him lol. Is he worth putting in another FAAB offer to get him back? Obviously I don't expect a blow up game like this again and I do have Jonnu, is it worth trying to get him back? I'm pretty salty that I dropped him after 1 game...smh. I didn't sleep well last night.