thebadferret

Mike Gesicki 2020 Outlook

I dont think this was necessarily a ceiling game.   I recommend anyone curious enough to go check his highlights.  The Bills were missing a couple of folks but the secondary was intact, and he flat out abused them.  Soft hands, great size, and basically playing a WR role on a team with a struggling defense

• Like 4

The great thing about gesicki is he is their slot wr. He is not a blocking te so he never stays in to pass protect. That is smythe or whatever his name is that does that. Now will he have a few dud games? Of course he will. If you want to sell high to the mark andrews owner that is your right to try. Miami defense is still trash though so miami will have to throw more often than ravens who are more run heavy. 

• Like 1

If by ceiling game you mean top output that can be expected then yeah that’s fine. If it’s implying this won’t happen again I don’t buy it. He’s good and Miami is trash and will be playing catch-up a lot. Should equate to lots of chances for big games. 

• Like 1

FItzmagic throws with total disregard and I love it.  Should be good for Gesicki.  Good for Fitzmagic too.  6'6 slot guy is hard to miss.  I'm playing him in my flex as a WR2 ROS.  

I, too, dropped him. Thankfully after that bloody Sunday I should be able to get him back on my roster with relative ease. Agree with him basically just being a big slot WR, I'll take that

I'm rolling him out over Jonnu this week. I think Thursday night could be fun to watch with Fitzpatrick and Minshew chucking the ball around making a lot of big plays.

I really want to add this guy but already have 3 TEs.... Just going to have to drop Fant for him with the Lock injury.

9 minutes ago, Rotocious said:

I really want to add this guy but already have 3 TEs.... Just going to have to drop Fant for him with the Lock injury.

Keep Fant and might as well roll with 4 TEs on your roster.

3 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Keep Fant and might as well roll with 4 TEs on your roster.

With whats out there I may have too. 

39 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I don’t know if he can produce like he did yesterday very often but I think he has the best hands of any TE. 

in the league, or on the dolphins?  please clarify

I hate the fact that I dropped him for Parris Campbell on both my teams.   MF...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

What are we thinking for tomorrow, any projections. It's TNF but against the Jags 

Hard not to start this man after a performance like that + all those targets.

Top5 TE moving forward or too early to say ?

He has good chemistry with Fitz, & if Tua ever starts he's a big gigantic safety valve for the kid. 

9 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

What are we thinking for tomorrow, any projections. It's TNF but against the Jags 

He has good chemistry with Fitz, & if Tua ever starts he's a big gigantic safety valve for the kid. 

I would start him but I'm going to roll with Jonnu instead, he's currently #1 TE in half-ppr. But I dropped Gesicki after week 1 and thankfully out bid one other manager by $3 to get him back today. I love his potential working out of the slot. I think he's a top receiving option on a team Fitz will need to throw to keep in games.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Just acquired him...couldn't believe his production and efficiency. Truly dominant...and if he's the full-time slot guy, that is absolutely money.

The truth is somewhere between here...but he looks like a must-start against a D that got lit up by Jonnu. Only thing that can implode him is Fitz and for some reason Fitz put up 300+ against the Bills so we know it's streaky lol. 

I'm bullish on him...there is a path here that he's the #1 target on the team like Kelce now. 

3 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Just acquired him...couldn't believe his production and efficiency. Truly dominant...and if he's the full-time slot guy, that is absolutely money.

The truth is somewhere between here...but he looks like a must-start against a D that got lit up by Jonnu. Only thing that can implode him is Fitz and for some reason Fitz put up 300+ against the Bills so we know it's streaky lol. 

I'm bullish on him...there is a path here that he's the #1 target on the team like Kelce now. 

That's what I'm hoping for as well, we should know that by a couple weeks.

I have Gesicki on a team with Hurst & Noah as well. Weekly dilemma { a good problem nonetheless }  

No one wants to trade this year. So many breakout TE's not to mention you got Kelce, Kittle, Andrews, Waller. 

2 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

That's what I'm hoping for as well, we should know that by a couple weeks.

I have Gesicki on a team with Hurst & Noah as well. Weekly dilemma { a good problem nonetheless }  

No one wants to trade this year. So many breakout TE's not to mention you got Kelce, Kittle, Andrews, Waller. 

This is the year of the tight end...lots of TE's performing like top 24 receivers.

• Like 1

Loving Gesicki as my cheap TE so far. Tua will start at some point this year though. I dunno whether that will help, hurt, or not move the needle but if he's still killing it later this year I definitely am not going to want a QB change. 

5 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Loving Gesicki as my cheap TE so far. Tua will start at some point this year though. I dunno whether that will help, hurt, or not move the needle but if he's still killing it later this year I definitely am not going to want a QB change. 

Fun fact...he was on the field for 50% of snaps last week lol. Yet had 11 targets. He's also playing 80% of the slot snaps. If Gesicki is on the field, odds are it is going to him, however I am not sure how hard that will be defend if it's a tell to the defense. I'd have to think that defenses know he's a priority when he's on he field, yet they still couldn't stop him? Isn't that a sign of an eilte player? 

• Like 3

He does no blocking, so not out there for early running downs. 

Don't be worried about his low % of snaps. 

2 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

This comparison makes no sense on any level

It will at some point.