thebadferret

Mike Gesicki 2020 Outlook

Picked up Mike. Looking to ship Ertz in a package deal to upgrade another position. The sort of deal that can make you a league winner. Not without it's potential for flopping-- but you have to like what you saw out of him last week. Should at LEAST put up WR2 numbers if these targets are to be believed.

4 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Just acquired him...couldn't believe his production and efficiency. Truly dominant...and if he's the full-time slot guy, that is absolutely money.

The truth is somewhere between here...but he looks like a must-start against a D that got lit up by Jonnu. Only thing that can implode him is Fitz and for some reason Fitz put up 300+ against the Bills so we know it's streaky lol. 

I'm bullish on him...there is a path here that he's the #1 target on the team like Kelce now. 

Literally every single Bills LB was hurt, but he was still great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cdd10 said:

Literally every single Bills LB was hurt, but he was still great.

Yup that’s true.

But the Jags tomorrow are poopsicle on defense.

Let’s hope for another big game from Mike G. 

• Like 3

Kid is a baller. Took him a little while to develop, but he's got freakish athleticism and as has been mentioned really isn't a true inline TE. More of a TE/WR hybrid. Really wish I owned him.

Team I'm playing against this week has him, so get him into your lineups boys. He's gonna go off, I just know it!

• Haha 2

I'm shoehorning him into two lineups as a flex. 

League one he starts alongside Ertz.  Benching David Johnson and Gurley

League two he starts alongside Waller. Benching Diontae Johnson and Robinson.    

Had to resist the urge to pick him up in my two QB league.  Benches are shallow, I have a couple injuries, and i can only start one.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BrianM said:

League one he starts alongside Ertz.  Benching David Johnson and Gurley

League two he starts alongside Waller. Benching Diontae Johnson and Robinson.    

Had to resist the urge to pick him up in my two QB league.  Benches are shallow, I have a couple injuries, and i can only start one.  

Over Diontae and James Robinson...you must have extreme confidence he will repeat as a top 5 TE this week lol 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BrianM said:

Thursday night flex use.  bro....who is your starting TE?

1 hour ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I’m torn, I own Kittle and Mike...Thursday night game sucks when I don’t know if Kittle will play. 

FYI...

• 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan hinted that “concerns about the MetLife Stadium surface” could play a role in whether George Kittle (knee) returns this week.

The 49ers lost five players to injuries playing the Jets at MetLife last week. That may be enough for them to hold out Kittle, who’s trying to play through a bone bruise.  Jordan Reed posted a 7/50/2 on eight targets filling in for Kittle and would make another start if he sits.

RELATED: 
    SOURCE: The Athletic
    Sep 23, 2020, 12:36 PM ET

Edited by The G Man
  • Thanks 1

What’s with all the lineup questions? The rules are very very very very very very clear that is what assistant coach forum is for sigh. Please follow them. 

As for Gesicki, he’s basically their 1A or 1B receiving target. Wish I had more of him. He’s almost a buy high guy at this point like Fant. I could easily see him finish top 5 after the big 4. 

3 hours ago, The G Man said:

FYI...

• 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan hinted that “concerns about the MetLife Stadium surface” could play a role in whether George Kittle (knee) returns this week.

The 49ers lost five players to injuries playing the Jets at MetLife last week. That may be enough for them to hold out Kittle, who’s trying to play through a bone bruise.  Jordan Reed posted a 7/50/2 on eight targets filling in for Kittle and would make another start if he sits.

RELATED: 
    SOURCE: The Athletic
    Sep 23, 2020, 12:36 PM ET

That's pretty shocking tbh.   As to the field conditions.  I'd think if that's coming from the coach, they'd be changing that field out.   I don't know what that entails but I'd guess it was just money.

1 hour ago, Magoo said:

What’s with all the lineup questions? The rules are very very very very very very clear that is what assistant coach forum is for sigh. Please follow them. 

As for Gesicki, he’s basically their 1A or 1B receiving target. Wish I had more of him. He’s almost a buy high guy at this point like Fant. I could easily see him finish top 5 after the big 4. 

Asking who you would rank higher isn't really a lineup question. It's comparing value between two players for potential trades opportunities. 

• Like 2