thebadferret

Mike Gesicki 2020 Outlook

12 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Over Diontae and James Robinson...you must have extreme confidence he will repeat as a top 5 TE this week lol 

Its a good problem to have I guess, but yes, not the most comfortable decision.   I also have Mostert and Deebo on that bench so who to start each week is going to be rough once everyone is healthy.  

11 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Thursday night flex use.  bro....who is your starting TE?

Its in there- Ertz in one league, Waller another.   Technically i guess you can call Ertz the flex, as I think if i had no choice I'd legit start Gesicki over him.  I'm a full on vice president of the fan club at this point.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Its in there- Ertz in one league, Waller another.   Technically i guess you can call Ertz the flex, as I think if i had no choice I'd legit start Gesicki over him.  I'm a full on vice president of the fan club at this point.   

I have Gesicki locked and loaded in my TE slot.  I have Fant locked and loaded in my Flex spot.  Game ******** on. 

• Like 4

More of a question for dynasty, but any expectation he could get switched to WR only designation after this season? He isn't really playing TE.

6 minutes ago, Agmaniacmike said:

More of a question for dynasty, but any expectation he could get switched to WR only designation after this season? He isn't really playing TE.

I can't imagine that.   I sure wouldn't make any decisions based on that expectation or hope.

Edited by K197040

I feel like tonight is going to be a really slow/ugly game given the Jags pace of play and how Thursday night games go. I'm not sure he will really put up numbers but is still a strong hold. 

7 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I feel like tonight is going to be a really slow/ugly game given the Jags pace of play and how Thursday night games go. I'm not sure he will really put up numbers but is still a strong hold. 

With all the injuries, I'm not willing to drop players to stream another TE.   And with all the routes he runs, I'm just going to continue to start him. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, K197040 said:

With all the injuries, I'm not willing to drop players to stream another TE.   And with all the routes he runs, I'm just going to continue to start him. 

If you have Gesicki, he is comparable to a WR2/WR3 at the moment.  He has the opportunity and talent to be a WR1.  It's just a matter of seeing what happens. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, K197040 said:

That's pretty shocking tbh.   As to the field conditions.  I'd think if that's coming from the coach, they'd be changing that field out.   I don't know what that entails but I'd guess it was just money.

Apparently the field has been inspected two times this past week and they say it’s safe to play on. 

• Like 2

Can he continue his torrid tear, cmon Mike ! 

I wouldn’t mind a 2 tuddie game .. just saying. 😎

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Can he continue his torrid tear, cmon Mike ! 

I wouldn’t mind a 2 tuddie game .. just saying. 😎

It's my expectation. 

Don't know if I should start him tonight. I have Hockenson on the bench in a potential shootout with the Cardinals on Sunday

3 minutes ago, LZD said:

Don't know if I should start him tonight. I have Hockenson on the bench in a potential shootout with the Cardinals on Sunday

Tough call.  Do you need a player in your flex?  

2 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

If you have Gesicki, he is comparable to a WR2/WR3 at the moment.  He has the opportunity and talent to be a WR1.  It's just a matter of seeing what happens. 

We switched to 3 WR/TE format this year. Needless to say...it should be the way going forward. Gesicki is a WR1 right now in that league...maybe WR2 when settled down but the upside is undeniable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dudewithabadcat said:

We should get a Shenault like debate on Gesicki's position designation. 

Straight up.

Honestly this I wouldn’t mind, we have a legitimate case too. 

He plays a bunch of snaps out the slot. 

Nice TE-WR tag. 

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

Straight up.

Honestly this I wouldn’t mind, we have a legitimate case too. 

He plays a bunch of snaps out the slot. 

Nice TE-WR tag. 

After switching to 3 WR/TE starters, this is the future, especially if tight ends start being featured more as DBs are getting better than they ever have been, and the WR tiers keep flattening. 

Gesicki is a hybrid TE/WR.

I am so pissed I dropped him, but for those that grabbed hm, this week should not disappoint.

He could legit get mutilple TD's and 100 yards vs the Jags.

Edited by Sivaro

I’m starting him over Kittle since I have no idea if Kittle will even play! I’m hoping for at least 10 solid points from Mikey G, let’s gooooo!!!!!

Just now, candygram4mongo said:

Starting over Jonnu. 

😬

ughhh me too. although i could still flex jonnu as we only play WR/TE in flex