thebadferret

Mike Gesicki 2020 Outlook

15 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

ughhh me too. although i could still flex jonnu as we only play WR/TE in flex

15 minutes ago, candygram4mongo said:

Starting over Jonnu. 

😬

Good luck guys. I'm rollin' with Jonnu since AJ Brown probably won't play.

• Like 4

Ryan Fitzpatrick had historically relied heavily on wide receivers over tight ends, but Mike Gesicki's top-five 21.1% target share through two weeks gives me confidence he can maintain his top-10 true-talent ranking. Meanwhile, that confidence comes just in time for a Jaguars matchup. They are a top-four booster of completion percentage, yards per target, and touchdowns per target for the position.

1 minute ago, cdd10 said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick had historically relied heavily on wide receivers over tight ends, but Mike Gesicki's top-five 21.1% target share through two weeks gives me confidence he can maintain his top-10 true-talent ranking. Meanwhile, that confidence comes just in time for a Jaguars matchup. They are a top-four booster of completion percentage, yards per target, and touchdowns per target for the position.

Against TEs?

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Against TEs?

yeah against TE's. 

19 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Interesting.

Trying to decide between Gesiki and a similar TE

20 Minutes till kickoff and I'm really struggling if I should play him in my flex or Higbee. (not trying to assistant coach) 

3 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Tough call.  Do you need a player in your flex?  

Yep. This is why i'm overthinking this one

9 minutes ago, Moveless said:

20 Minutes till kickoff and I'm really struggling if I should play him in my flex or Higbee. (not trying to assistant coach) 

Higbee has 5 targets per game. I think Gesiki sees more opportunities.

Good luck

I'm going with Gesicki over Jonnu now, just switched it. Hope I don't regret this lol.

Luckily he caught a td with his only freaking catch, disappointing usage though. 

• Like 2

Not a lot of pass attempts for Fitz even when they were close they clearly wanted him to be a game manager in this one.

Disappointing game for sure but we are lucky with what we got.

if I am not mistaken they had Schoebert(sorry if I botched the name) on him or if he was split out Jags put their rookie CB on him. Both tough matchups.

Fitz only threw like 20 passes. He could've easily had 2 TDs though. He had an easy TD catch in end zone where the defender tackled him, and Fitz ran it in next play. Games like this where they get an early lead and the other team is incompetent on offense are primed for Gesicki duds but we still got away with 1 TD(should've been 2). I'll take it

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, street sharks said:

This dude wasn't even on the field for like half the game wtf

hes not a full time player, but when he’s on the field the ball will he going to him.

was frustrating because they weren’t looking for him and he keeps getting open. At least he had a td but this game was just random and dumb and weird 

Not much to do with your QB only throws 20 passes. He also had Myles Jack beat for what could have been a 2nd TD but Fitz overthrew him just slightly.

I don’t think the Dolphins will have too many games like that, so should be ok going forward. 

35 minutes ago, street sharks said:

This dude wasn't even on the field for like half the game wtf

Gesicki isn’t really a TE, he’s basically a slot WR because he is a horrible blocker. That’s why he isn’t on the field all the time (and especially why he wasn’t on much in the 2nd half with the Dolphins coasting) and why most of his usage comes from the slot. He still played a good majority of the snaps in the first half it seemed like. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm conflicted on how to feel about Gesicki.  He's definitely talented, but watching him not be on the field for the majority of snaps was disappointing.  At the same time, he had two more chances for TDs with the overthrow and the short one he was interfered with.

And realistically how many games are the Dolphins going to be in command in like tonight?  Jets x2, Broncos, maybe Bengals, that's about all I see.  They'll be playing catch-up or keep up in pretty much every other matchup, meaning Gesicki on the field as they have to pass.

Seattle should rock their world next week and Fitzpatrick might be throwing 50 times in that one.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

I'm conflicted on how to feel about Gesicki.  He's definitely talented, but watching him not be on the field for the majority of snaps was disappointing.  At the same time, he had two more chances for TDs with the overthrow and the short one he was interfered with.

And realistically how many games are the Dolphins going to be in command in like tonight?  Jets x2, Broncos, maybe Bengals, that's about all I see.  They'll be playing catch-up or keep up in pretty much every other matchup, meaning Gesicki on the field as they have to pass.

Seattle should rock their world next week and Fitzpatrick might be throwing 50 times in that one.

he has a fantasy friendly game imo:..passing league and big slot WR- some of the most valuable targets in fantasy. And he gets used generally when he’s on the field, and is probably the first read. Today there was no risk taking- fitz even ran it a few times.

theres a reason he was dominant last week and be played 55% of the snaps. He’s close to an unstoppable slot WR at his size and speed. his reception today was pretty baller.

i get it- I get nervous too. Sometimes you gotta trust the talent and scheme. It’s kind of like Kareem Hunt. Makes you a bit queasy but by the end of the game the stats come

• Like 4

Tonight's performance is why Kelce and Kittle get drafted in the first few rounds. And yes, I know Kittle is hurt. I stand by my point. Tight ends are so unreliable.

7 hours ago, OriolesMagic said:

Tonight's performance is why Kelce and Kittle get drafted in the first few rounds. And yes, I know Kittle is hurt. I stand by my point. Tight ends are so unreliable.

Tbf, he should have had 2 TDs. 

He beat a defender and pretty much got tackled to stop him from catching the pass. The defender decided to take the penalty instead of the TD

8 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

That's the life of a receiving tight end that doesn't block well.  Mark Andrews played 41% of snaps last year.  That was tied for 2nd among tight ends on his own team.  If the coaching staff is competent they know how to use the talented guys and they'll get their numbers.

• Thanks 1