DeliciousGravy

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

I am probably still wearing rose-coloured glasses from the end of the 2019 season, but this guy was a #leaguewinner. Finished RB4 in weeks 13-16 with a healthy 21.1PPG in 0.5PPR scoring. Was helped no end in the draft by Philadelphia investing no further in the RB position, meaning he and Boston Scott are the only fantasy-relevant backs on their roster. Sanders was an afterthought for the first half of the season but following Jordan Howard going down, maintained a snap% around 60 from Week 11 onwards.

I know Doug Pederson has never really been a fan of "the guy" and is more of a RBBC advocate, but hopeful if Sanders maintains his 60% share he is square on the RB2 map with obvious RB1 upside going forward. He is still projecting at the moment around the RB14 ADP (Fantasypros.com) but I have no issue with him going before Austin Ekeler, and this is a guy who has clear potential to smash his ADP if Philadelphia put it together.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he will be a top 5 RB for 2020.

HE is my sleeper pick.  So lets keep this to ourselves , ok?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeliciousGravy said:

I am probably still wearing rose-coloured glasses from the end of the 2019 season, but this guy was a #leaguewinner. Finished RB4 in weeks 13-16 with a healthy 21.1PPG in 0.5PPR scoring. Was helped no end in the draft by Philadelphia investing no further in the RB position, meaning he and Boston Scott are the only fantasy-relevant backs on their roster. Sanders was an afterthought for the first half of the season but following Jordan Howard going down, maintained a snap% around 60 from Week 11 onwards.

I know Doug Pederson has never really been a fan of "the guy" and is more of a RBBC advocate, but hopeful if Sanders maintains his 60% share he is square on the RB2 map with obvious RB1 upside going forward. He is still projecting at the moment around the RB14 ADP (Fantasypros.com) but I have no issue with him going before Austin Ekeler, and this is a guy who has clear potential to smash his ADP if Philadelphia put it together.

Unfortunately, I don't think that draft position is going to hold.   Once the podcasters and analysts start digging into their RB rankings.   I think he's a lock to be drafted in the top 10 RB and maybe even higher.   Without them taking another RB in the draft (and assuming they don't add one), I can see him being in the Kamara range.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I am already seeing him be ranked within the top 10 of the RBs...and he was trending there even prior to them not addressing a single pick in the draft to the position.

His receiving ability is even better than I expected, a real game changer and I think that is why he can be a just sub-level bellcow for this offense. Pederson has never really had someone that has his awesome versatility. As it sits now, PHI has 33% of last years' carries unaccounted for, and 38% of their carries inside the 5 yard line as well. The line is easily a top 10 unit in the NFL--even without Jason Peters, whom they replace with last years' 1st Rd pick.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with above sentiment - Sanders will probably creep his way up into possibly even the top 10 by draft time.  He was one of the biggest draft day winners - no added competition - and there wasn't much to being with.  Currently Sanders, Scott and Holyfield the RBs on the roster.  Great athlete coming out of college, shined when given opportunity last year.  I'm happy as heck to own him in my dynasty league.  Re-draft for this season will depend on the price.  IDK how I feel about Sanders as my RB1, but it might come to that come August.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah, I am already seeing him be ranked within the top 10 of the RBs...and he was trending there even prior to them not addressing a single pick in the draft to the position.

Wowza.

I can't say I would feel too comfortable with him as my RB1.  Guess I'm gonna miss out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Wowza.

I can't say I would feel too comfortable with him as my RB1.  Guess I'm gonna miss out.

Idk...when Howard was out, Sanders was pretty good.  One bad game vs. NE.  Then:

11.6

21.5

10.9

37.2

26.6

I'm not going to reach for him but if I can pair him with a top tier WR, I'll be pretty happy.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, K197040 said:

Idk...when Howard was out, Sanders was pretty good.  One bad game vs. NE.  Then:

11.6

21.5

10.9

37.2

26.6

I'm not going to reach for him but if I can pair him with a top tier WR, I'll be pretty happy.  

Fair nuff.  Too small a sample size for me to get late first/early second onboard with, but if I can get him as an RB2 I'm happy.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Wowza.

I can't say I would feel too comfortable with him as my RB1.  Guess I'm gonna miss out.

Yeah I am prob not ready to quite go there...yet.

I was referencing the fact that many industry guys are already there. I saw Establish the Run (Silva etc) and Sharp football's Hribar had him exactly at #10 RB.

I feel better about him in the early to mid 2nd. I have one share in a 16 team PPR where I can slot him in as my pick at the end of the 3rd (after Barkley and Mahomes are in my other 1st/2nd slots). I love that. His ceiling this year is def among the top 5-10 RBs. Just have to hope they stay out of the vet RB market (Hyde/Lamar types).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah I am prob not ready to quite go there...yet.

I was referencing the fact that many industry guys are already there. I saw Establish the Run (Silva etc) and Sharp football's Hribar had him exactly at #10 RB.

I feel better about him in the early to mid 2nd. I have one share in a 16 team PPR where I can slot him in as my pick at the end of the 3rd (after Barkley and Mahomes are in my other 1st/2nd slots). I love that. His ceiling this year is def among the top 5-10 RBs. Just have to hope they stay out of the vet RB market (Hyde/Lamar types).

I saw Walter from WalterFootball is at 9 too.

Composite ranks at Fantasypros have him at RB13 and 24 overall.  That's a price I could see being quite happy with, especially if you're pairing him up with a CMac and a WR1 in a 12 teamer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Wowza.

I can't say I would feel too comfortable with him as my RB1.  Guess I'm gonna miss out.

 

Miles Sanders was a PPR RB1 (#8 in total points) from weeks 11-17, after Jordan Howard's injury.  Howard's gone and PHI didn't add anyone else at RB in FA or the draft.  PHI also used a 2019 2nd round draft pick on him (he was the #2 RB taken behind JJacobs), so clearly the Eagles liked him a lot and envisioned him as a big part of their future.  It also helps that the Eagles had the #1 2019 O-line per Pro Football Focus and should be very good again in 2020.

I get it that everyone has their own opinion on players and their value but not sure what else Sanders could have done last year or PHI could have done this off season to prove that Sanders is their man going into the 2020 season.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, J.T. Marlin said:

 

Miles Sanders was a PPR RB1 (#8 in total points) from weeks 11-17, after Jordan Howard's injury.  Howard's gone and PHI didn't add anyone else at RB in FA or the draft.  PHI also used a 2019 2nd round draft pick on him (he was the #2 RB taken behind JJacobs), so clearly the Eagles liked him a lot and envisioned him as a big part of their future.  It also helps that the Eagles had the #1 2019 O-line per Pro Football Focus and should be very good again in 2020.

I get it that everyone has their own opinion on players and their value but not sure what else Sanders could have done last year or PHI could have done this off season to prove that Sanders is their man going into the 2020 season.

I just feel like there are 10-12 more backs that have proven more.  6 games is a really small sample size for me to love that price.  He's got one 100 yard rushing game in his career thus far.  I'm cool with taking that risk as my second RB but not my first.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

Currently Sanders, Scott and Holyfield the RBs on the roster.  

 

eagles have to sign a veteran.

while i think miles sanders has the cojones to be a three-down back (despite pederson's RBBC inclinations), has to be the shallowest backfield in the NFC.

devonta freeman as a COP back?

 

5 hours ago, Sivaro said:

I think he will be a top 5 RB for 2020.

HE is my sleeper pick.  So lets keep this to ourselves , ok?

 

if you create a petition to moderators to delete this thread, i'll sign it. 

great talent paired with WRs who can stretch the field

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, K197040 said:

Unfortunately, I don't think that draft position is going to hold.   Once the podcasters and analysts start digging into their RB rankings.   I think he's a lock to be drafted in the top 10 RB and maybe even higher.   Without them taking another RB in the draft (and assuming they don't add one), I can see him being in the Kamara range.

This year's RB crop looks deeper than I remember; just out of curiosity, which of the following RB's would you rank him higher than to make him top-10? (These are current Fantasypros consensus rankings). Maybe you can make him top of Tier 3 (ie. RB9) - you think *possibly* RB7?

Tier 1
Christian McCaffrey 
Ezekiel Elliott
Saquon Barkley

Tier 2     
Dalvin Cook
Derrick Henry
Alvin Kamara
Joe Mixon
Nick Chubb

Tier 3     
Josh Jacobs
Kenyan Drake
Aaron Jones
Clyde Edwards-Helaire
Miles Sanders
Austin Ekeler
Todd Gurley

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DeliciousGravy said:

This year's RB crop looks deeper than I remember; just out of curiosity, which of the following RB's would you rank him higher than to make him top-10? (These are current Fantasypros consensus rankings). Maybe you can make him top of Tier 3 (ie. RB9) - you think *possibly* RB7?

Tier 1
Christian McCaffrey 
Ezekiel Elliott
Saquon Barkley

Tier 2     
Dalvin Cook
Derrick Henry
Alvin Kamara
Joe Mixon
Nick Chubb

Tier 3     
Josh Jacobs
Kenyan Drake
Aaron Jones
Clyde Edwards-Helaire
Miles Sanders
Austin Ekeler
Todd Gurley

 

I'd probably rather have Ekeler than Sanders and as much as I can't believe I'm saying it maybe David Johnson.

 

What about Kareem Hunt, DeAndre Swift? 

 

I think Philly is more committed to rbbc than most. Sanders had a great fantasy playoff run cause Howard got hurt but I'm not sure Sanders workload will be greater than Ekeler or even Hunt or maybe Johnathan Taylor in Indy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Sack Exchange said:

 

eagles have to sign a veteran.

while i think miles sanders has the cojones to be a three-down back (despite pederson's RBBC inclinations), has to be the shallowest backfield in the NFC.

devonta freeman as a COP back?

 

 

if you create a petition to moderators to delete this thread, i'll sign it. 

great talent paired with WRs who can stretch the field

 

I'd be thrilled if they signed Freeman.  It would probably drop Sanders down a little bit.  And then when Freeman gets a concussion in the first game, I've picked up an RB1 at a cheap price.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I'd be thrilled if they signed Freeman.  It would probably drop Sanders down a little bit.  And then when Freeman gets a concussion in the first game, I've picked up an RB1 at a cheap price.

 

any veteran signing that depresses sanders' ADP will be a good thing,

but we need not guesswork injury or even rely on veterans looking "old" on the field:

sanders himself will rise to the occasion, and if he doesn't own the backfield outright in week 1, he'll earn it by week 4.

 

giphy.gif

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I saw Walter from WalterFootball is at 9 too.

Composite ranks at Fantasypros have him at RB13 and 24 overall.  That's a price I could see being quite happy with, especially if you're pairing him up with a CMac and a WR1 in a 12 teamer.

 

There is no way he's available at 24 in most drafts as things stand.   I'd guess that whoever owned during the back half of last year is going to value him very close to his average output during that period.   And if that manager is in multiple leagues, then they're going to pick him up whenever he (or she) can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, K197040 said:

 

There is no way he's available at 24 in most drafts as things stand.   I'd guess that whoever owned during the back half of last year is going to value him very close to his average output during that period.   And if that manager is in multiple leagues, then they're going to pick him up whenever he (or she) can.

Says you.  I play with Tacos because it boosts my self esteem.

The League - Taco's truck - YouTube

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest RW blurb has a firm grasp on the obvious (he's 'entrenched' as the lead back)...

But also noticed the latest CBS post mock draft was conducted yesterday (12 team PPR) and Sanders went at #7 OVERALL

Right after: CMC, Barkley, Elliot, M Thomas, D Cook and Kamara.

It is what it is, but this is absolutely where his price tag is headed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Latest RW blurb has a firm grasp on the obvious (he's 'entrenched' as the lead back)...

But also noticed the latest CBS post mock draft was conducted yesterday (12 team PPR) and Sanders went at #7 OVERALL

Right after: CMC, Barkley, Elliot, M Thomas, D Cook and Kamara.

It is what it is, but this is absolutely where his price tag is headed.

Tell you what, if'n my league, CEH and Sanders go before Derrick Henry, I can live with that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the mid to late 1st is where he ends up being drafted, and I think he will be well worth it. This guy was pretty special when he finally started getting the majority of the touches. I think he has a better chance of having a "massive" year than Cook and Kamara do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be beneficial to bring someone such as Hyde or Freeman in to help Miles. He isn't a workhorse whose going to be on the field over 75 percent of the time. Great threat and should produce well overall. His adp is scattered shot right now where he can go anywhere between the 1st (ridiculous) to the mid 3rd (probably fair value).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

It would be beneficial to bring someone such as Hyde or Freeman in to help Miles. He isn't a workhorse whose going to be on the field over 75 percent of the time. Great threat and should produce well overall. His adp is scattered shot right now where he can go anywhere between the 1st (ridiculous) to the mid 3rd (probably fair value).

I don’t think the first is ridiculous at all - nor would I expect Sanders to be off the field 25% of the time.  The Eagles added a couple of UDFAs immediately after the draft who might carve out a minimal role (keep an eye on Warren) - but the chances of Sanders’s continuing his late-season breakout into 2020 seem awfully high, in my opinion.

Edited by BMcP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...