DeliciousGravy

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

On 9/5/2020 at 3:23 PM, Tugginroot said:

So people really aren't concerned with his hammy?  The excerpt earlier in the thread suggested a 5 weeks time table for his hammy to be fully recovered, and I believe the first game would be the 4 week mark.  I guess I'm more of the mindset of don't chase injuries, they'll find you.

I would be more concerned if they hadn't cut those three RBs on cut down day.  Going into the season with just him, Scott and Clement on the roster shows me that they don't think it's so much of an issue it should keep him from action.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I picked him up in my draft last night at 2.09 and I'm a bit concerned. Tomorrow's injury report should hopefully clear things up.

1 minute ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

I am surprised there hasn’t been more updates so far on the injury

the Iggles released 3 rbs, didn't bring in any street meat ... i'd say that speaks more than a blurb from some twitter hack. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I would be more concerned if they hadn't cut those three RBs on cut down day.  Going into the season with just him, Scott and Clement on the roster shows me that they don't think it's so much of an issue it should keep him from action.

Agree.  A team's actions are far more reliable than anything the media says, and even what the team itself says.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welp, he fell to me in the 3rd (3.4) last night, so looks like I'm hopping on board fellas. 

So, we're hoping he's 100% to start the season and he looks to be a legit 3 down RB1, right?

Let's do this!

4 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

@mulhollandvelvet that makes sense and is probably for the best to keep him fresh, might want to temper expectations early in the year.

looking like a repeat of 2019 - took him awhile, but it was worth it ... of course, he was only 7th rd draft capital for me last year, so, the wait was not too painful. 

wonder how far this pushes him down ... 3rd/4th rd? 

🤔

I got him in my keeper league last night with my 1st pick at #34...

31 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

looking like a repeat of 2019 - took him awhile, but it was worth it ... of course, he was only 7th rd draft capital for me last year, so, the wait was not too painful. 

🤔

That’s probably the right range. He’s a back end RB2 imo. 

1 hour ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Wow. Doesn't get much more vague than that. "it's a possibility" and "they might" are not necessarily what I would call definitive phrases.   

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Wow. Doesn't get much more vague than that. "it's a possibility" and "they might" are not necessarily what I would call definitive phrases.   

I think this is why it's just better to avoid the headache of drafting guys who come into the year injured. 

Just now, mulhollandvelvet said:

I think this is why it's just better to avoid the headache of drafting guys who come into the year injured. 

Sucks... I couldn't let him go at 2.10 though.

I guess I "might" think about "possibly" picking Boston Scott off the waivers "probably". I "think" he might be available hopefully still "most likely".

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

Sucks... I couldn't let him go at 2.10 though.

I guess I "might" think about "possibly" picking Boston Scott off the waivers "probably". I "think" he might be available hopefully still "most likely".

Hey, it doesn't come from a place of judgment. I grabbed him at 14th overall. All we can do is stick it out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Hey, it doesn't come from a place of judgment. I grabbed him at 14th overall. All we can do is stick it out. 

Agreed, I didn't like it at all. But he was the last RB available before Chris Carson for me.

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

🤔

56 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

That’s probably the right range. He’s a back end RB2 imo. 

Y'all trippin , over reaction much. From a single tweet ?

I'll believe it when I see it. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Especially with hamstring injuries, but I'm in the same boat, took the plunge late round 2.  The upside especially in PPR is niiiiice.

And really that's what it's all about.  If Sanders needs to be held out a week or 2 to get to 100%, I'm fine with that even from where I drafted him at.  It's clear he's the talent to own here and I'm still high on him.  

The Pederson RRBC crowd I think need to look at the context of those RRBC...all the Eagles had were middling RBs before.  For once, they have a guy who stands a bit above the rest, it would make a lot more sense for them to give Sanders the approx. 80% snap share he was getting at the end of the year last year, than using past years as a point of reference when he wasn't on the team and they had a bunch of journeymen sharing caries.

• Like 1

Yo is Pederson Belichick-ing it here? This has been too weird. Are they limiting his reps cuz he is in for a monster workload this season? 

• Miles Sanders (hamstring) returned to practice Wednesday.

It's the first time the media has seen Sanders practice since he pulled his hamstring the first week of camp. Coach Doug Pederson has labeled Sanders as "day to day" ahead of the Week 1 opener against Washington. Ultimately, we expect him to be out there as the starter, but there is a "possibility" the Eagles dial back his workload some, per Pederson. Still, he's a lock-and-load fantasy start in a dream matchup for the opener.

Sep 9, 2020, 2:13 PM ET

•  
  • Like 4

Most of us grabbed Sanders knowing that he was iffy to start the year. No need to overreact now. We drafted for 16 games, not for 1 or 2. He will be elite.