DeliciousGravy

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

What do we think about the Rams running defense? They do have that monster in the middle, but is there much else?

3 minutes ago, Mustangt125 said:

What do we think about the Rams running defense? They do have that monster in the middle, but is there much else?

Some will say this is not a fair comparison but, Zeke did pretty well against them week 1.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Gotta think Sanders will be running a lot of routes out of the backfield with the current receiving situation.

+1!

2 hours ago, FreakFries said:

This is good news but “Adam Schefter says he’d be surprised if the Eagles, a team that just lost to a franchise that can’t even get its sh*t together enough to figure out its own name, didn’t play two of its most important players vs the Rams” isn’t quite the same as “Miles Sanders and Lane Johnson are practicing without limitations and look good to go.”

I’d rather they sit these guys than force the issue.

How do you know they're forcing the issue tho ? 

Everything seems like standard operating procedure. 

32 minutes ago, Kilo said:

Some will say this is not a fair comparison but, Zeke did pretty well against them week 1.

Even without some of their stars from years past, the Cowboys’ line is way better than the Eagles’.

41 minutes ago, Kilo said:

i dig Standish, he's got great game chops ... but he is not near Zeke's level, and i don't think he ever will be - Zeke is as natural a runner as we've ever seen.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Miles Sanders (hamstring) is on track to play in Week 2 against the Rams.

This falls in line with previous reports on Sanders. The Eagles are also expected to get back RT Lane Johnson (ankle). Philly allowed eight sacks and rushed for just 55 yards last week without Sanders and Johnson. It's possible Sanders will be on a snap count.

Related:
Source: ESPN
Sep 16, 2020, 12:03 PM ET

At least they didn't use "pitch count"....

He can't be worse than Boston Scott.  Firing up with confidence.

• Like 1

Just now, CooL said:

At least they didn't use "pitch count"....

He can't be worse than Boston Scott.  Firing up with confidence.

All of Rotoworld got hoaxed by Butter-Bean Scott, yours truly included 😂

• Like 4

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

All of Rotoworld got hoaxed by Butter-Bean Scott, yours truly included 😂

Yes, me too.  It felt very cathartic to dump Great Scott this morning during the waiver run.  Very cleansing and great to get him out of my system.  I don't care if he's the handcuff.  I'll look elsewhere if Miles can't go.  I'm hoping that Miles will get in space and get the quick dumpoffs if the line doesn't start improving.  Something that Great Scott obviously couldn't handle.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mustangt125 said:

They're pretty inexperienced up the middle (Donald aside).

Nose is Sebastian Joseph-Day, ILBs are Micah Kieser and Troy Reeder, Rapp's good at SS.  Inexperienced doesn't necessarily mean bad, but by and large this looks to me more like a team built to get to the quarterback and cover the pass, so RBs can have good days against them.

Obviously the line needs to be better (hopefully Lane is back and good to go), otherwise they won't look good against anyone.  But I think they're capable.  This could be a good spot.

Edited by JE7HorseGod
  • Thanks 1

Alright my dudes, giddy up for Miles Sanders to dominate this week! Let's hope his reps aren't scaled back. It has got to be a good sign that he is around 100 percent if he practiced fully today.

Assuming this a good thing for Miles, despite the banged up O-line?  Math isn’t my strong suit...

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, herschel said:

Assuming this a good thing for Miles, despite the banged up O-line?  Math isn’t my strong suit...

F Boston Scott

4 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

F Boston Scott

it's misleading. Next gen stats didnt realize how good that skins line is. Plus I dont think it took into account all the o-line injuries

• Like 2

1 hour ago, herschel said:

So this indicates the Eagles opened rushing lanes but Boston Scott sucks dong?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

So this indicates the Eagles opened rushing lanes but Boston Scott sucks dong?

It indicated next Gen stats are full of baloney and just confuse people and give them more misleading information than helping them. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

It indicated next Gen stats are full of baloney and just confuse people and give them more misleading information than helping them. 

The bears are listed number 1 on that list. Any stat that implies that the bears oline generated the most potential rushing yards is a flawed metric. 

I'm a bears fan and miles owner in 2 leagues. I'd love nothing more than for that metric be accurate. Unfortunately, it is not. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, MrCantaloupe said:

Our man gets the Bengals in week 3. Let's hope Mike Daniels and Geno Atkins remain sidelined. 🤞

Wow. Just be healthy young buck!💪🍌🚀

11 minutes ago, brosephd said:

after seeing what chubb/hunt just did... ready for week 3

Well let him get warmed up this Sunday, so he can absolutely crush it at home against the Bungles next week.