DeliciousGravy

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

14 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

What else do the Niners have to stop or be remotely worried about outside of Sanders? I keep listening to the experts and everyone in this thread saying Miles is a must start because he is the only target and his ADP. Just not feeling it. Wentz and the Eagles are at the bottom of the league is almost all offensive efficiency stats. My guy is just telling me domination on national TV. 

Ok fair enough .. but who are you starting over him ?

That’s the point.

Eagles could have a complete meltdown tomorrow and Sanders comes away with like 8-9 fpts.

Or a decent game and he nets you 15-20 fpts.

Theres just too mainly variables, and his floor is still relatively safe in PPR.

No one is benching their 1st/2nd round pick ... unless it’s for another stud.

And if you’re that stacked more power to you I guess. 

40 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Ok fair enough .. but who are you starting over him ?

That’s the point.

Eagles could have a complete meltdown tomorrow and Sanders comes away with like 8-9 fpts.

Or a decent game and he nets you 15-20 fpts.

Theres just too mainly variables, and his floor is still relatively safe in PPR.

No one is benching their 1st/2nd round pick ... unless it’s for another stud.

And if you’re that stacked more power to you I guess. 

CEH, Ekeler, J Taylor in one league. A Jones, M Davis, and James Robinson in another. 

might be forced to play him over CEH depending on what happens with the NE/KC game. 

A lot of us don’t have that depth for various reasons especially injuries. 

miles owners still cuffing him with scott?  he was dropped in my league and wondering if he is worth the very valuable roster space?

11 minutes ago, herschel said:

miles owners still cuffing him with scott?  he was dropped in my league and wondering if he is worth the very valuable roster space?

No

Hoping they were just holding him back during clock killing but you would think they would want their best player out there to help convert game winning downs. 

its crazy they only average like what 1.7 yards per screens. at least we know this is more like his floor. 

19 minutes ago, brosephd said:

its crazy they only average like what 1.7 yards per screens. at least we know this is more like his floor. 

That stuck with me too when they announced it.

Maybe the Eagles can build on this game moving forward.

Shiete I hope ... for Sanders sake atleast.

And my abysmal RB corps.

I’m in a world of hurt here with 0Miles+FakeDrake as my starting backs. 

PPR darling they said ... top5 RB potential they said ... Hoax , fugazzi.

He’s not that bad, just venting here. But he ain’t all that great either right now. 

Unfortunately, Eagles are probably playing from behind all season which means they just chuck the ball more often than not. Think this is definitely his floor though, his potential is much higher.

Think he is a situational RB1 instead of a locked in RB1. Thr eagles do not look good,  and this is limiting his ceiling. They need a healthy lineup, and thats not happening any time soon so I would just limit your expectations with him. Ertz and him are the inly guys worth starting, and even then its situational to matchup

2 hours ago, RunCMC said:

That stuck with me too when they announced it.

Maybe the Eagles can build on this game moving forward.

Shiete I hope ... for Sanders sake atleast.

And my abysmal RB corps.

I’m in a world of hurt here with 0Miles+FakeDrake as my starting backs. 

PPR darling they said ... top5 RB potential they said ... Hoax , fugazzi.

He’s not that bad, just venting here. But he ain’t all that great either right now. 

was thinking i got ppr gold with these guys with minimum 2-3 catches a game

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Think he is a situational RB1 instead of a locked in RB1. Thr eagles do not look good,  and this is limiting his ceiling. They need a healthy lineup, and thats not happening any time soon so I would just limit your expectations with him. Ertz and him are the inly guys worth starting, and even then its situational to matchup

As I packaged Gibson to get Sanders, I will tell you that Sanders definitely has a better situation than Gibson lol. Still no idea how Gibson cleared 20 points against the Ravens....fools errand.

Tough to put up good numbers with a beat up OL. and zero WRs.  Hes not going to hit his stride until 2d half of the season when they start getting some guys back

3 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

This is what I feared would happen.... I hope you all survived! 

What did you fear? He looked decent for three quarters and for some reason wouldn't get him involved in space? He had a 30 yard reception FFS

13 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

What did you fear? He looked decent for three quarters and for some reason wouldn't get him involved in space? He had a 30 yard reception FFS

In order:

• Getting 9 points from a second round pick in PPR
  • Limited room to run on the ground 
  • Bad QB play. If that throw across the middle is not at his feet it might have been a house call. 
  • Limited redzone work 
  • Limited offense efficacy that is his biggest handcuff 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

In order:

• Getting 9 points from a second round pick in PPR
  • Limited room to run on the ground 
  • Bad QB play. If that throw across the middle is not at his feet it might have been a house call. 
  • Limited redzone work 
  • Limited offense efficacy that is his biggest handcuff 

I agree.  There have been a few bad throws by Wentz where Sanders was wide open and he could have taken to the house.

1 minute ago, Kilo said:

I agree.  There have been a few bad throws by Wentz where Sanders was wide open and he could have taken to the house.

Wentz has been very shaky but the guy has no OL or WRs....I thought he looked better last pm.....hopefully as they get healthy it gets even better- going to take some time

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Big Tuna said:

Wentz has been very shaky but the guy has no OL or WRs....I thought he looked better last pm.....hopefully as they get healthy it gets even better- going to take some time

They did a good job getting him some easy throws and getting him into a rhythm. His accuracy has been questionable. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Big Tuna said:

They won the game against a tough opponent. That does wonders for confidence and team turnaround. And mentally they are in first-place in the division lmao

His bomb TD to take the lead was on the money...I have faith that things can improve from here on out.

Remember: talent + opportunity + situation = is the sweet spot. Sanders has 2 of 3...the situation can improve from here. He is not hamstrung by the Redskins like Gibson is for this season, because the Eagles can turn it around within their pedigree. 

Edited by PlayTheWaivers

4 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

They won the game against a tough opponent. That does wonders for confidence and team turnaround. And mentally they are in first-place in the division lmao

I hope you are right... I have a lot shares of Miles with a good amount of cash on the line. I need more production from him. 

Posted (edited)

He does have 5 games against NFC east opponents coming around the corner. That can help anyone's stats. 

If you own Sanders, you can feel a little better knowing Drake owners are very jealous of you. 

Edited by Duckbutter
aa

3 hours ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

This is what I feared would happen.... I hope you all survived! 

I hoped he'd do better but this was around my expectations. I wasn't really counting on him to carry my week (the other guys with better matchups did the heavy lifting). 7.6 points in standard league isn't very exciting but its also the floor for a RB in a year where a lot of people are forced to start at least one RB that they hope will get them 7.6 points. It was mediocre but not a disaster. 

• Like 1

Have we found out about the reason why he was not in at the end?