Rotoworld.com Forums

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

2 hours ago, mrfrood said:

Have we found out about the reason why he was not in at the end? 

“Corey was one of our backs at the end of the game in our four-minute offense. He’s a little bit bigger back, he’s capable of running between the tackles that way, he’s powerful, he’s big, so by design, by game plan design, he was in on those specific plays at the end of the game.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, jrmjr said:

“Corey was one of our backs at the end of the game in our four-minute offense. He’s a little bit bigger back, he’s capable of running between the tackles that way, he’s powerful, he’s big, so by design, by game plan design, he was in on those specific plays at the end of the game.”

Is this for real? [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
No politics here.
2 hours ago, jrmjr said:

Hilarious since when is Corey Clement a big and powerful back. Ohh man lol ... Who said that , Dougie ?  

Corey : 5'10  209lbs

Miles:   5'11  211lbs

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
46 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Yeah, it's not good. 

His hamstring or some other injury flared up. That's just transparently nonsense. 

Maybe, but I don't think so.

Sanders had a fumbling problem in college.  Didn't have him last year, so don't know if it continued his rookie season.  The Eagles were 100% content to just run 3 plays and punt on that series.

My guess is they trusted Clement not to fumble more than they wanted to move the chains, so they played it safe.

I noticed he wasn't in there too, but I wouldn't be overly concerned (by that).  Don't see the situation arising all that often for Philly this year.

More than anything, Wentz needs to get right.  Sanders had a drop on an angle route which really stuck out because he would've been gone if he'd caught it.  Was definitely a drop, but it was a horrible pass.  Zipped it low at his knees.  Even if he'd caught it, the pass was so poorly placed that it probably would've limited the gain.

On the bright side, Wentz's pass to Fulgham was perfect.  Hopefully it builds his confidence back up a bit.

• Like 5
33 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Maybe, but I don't think so.

Sanders had a fumbling problem in college.  Didn't have him last year, so don't know if it continued his rookie season.  The Eagles were 100% content to just run 3 plays and punt on that series.

My guess is they trusted Clement not to fumble more than they wanted to move the chains, so they played it safe.

I noticed he wasn't in there too, but I wouldn't be overly concerned (by that).  Don't see the situation arising all that often for Philly this year.

More than anything, Wentz needs to get right.  Sanders had a drop on an angle route which really stuck out because he would've been gone if he'd caught it.  Was definitely a drop, but it was a horrible pass.  Zipped it low at his knees.  Even if he'd caught it, the pass was so poorly placed that it probably would've limited the gain.

On the bright side, Wentz's pass to Fulgham was perfect.  Hopefully it builds his confidence back up a bit.

I remember that exact play, Guaranteed house call if Wentz didn't throw it so low.

It's just that kinda season for the Eagles ... all bad.

• Like 2

That's what I was just checking - Where are all these cake NFC East matchups.  Unfortunately it's not for a few weeks.  Not only that, but he plays against the Pitt D this week which is really tough to run again.  Seem like all my backs are constantly playing elite defenses.

On another note - I know the bad pass is mentioned above - But 2 catches for him per game is not enough.  He needs to have 5 catches a game.  Get him in some space for god's sake.

1 minute ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Considering benching him this week. Pitt, at home, coming off of a bye... I want no part of this Philly offense this week. 

Sanders was probably drafted as a set and forget guy. Sucks if he has to be considered for benching now.

1 hour ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Considering benching him this week. Pitt, at home, coming off of a bye... I want no part of this Philly offense this week. 

Don't think you can bench him unless you have multiple top 15 plays at numerous positions. He can take one to the house at any time, and his receiving floor is generally high. Hoping another week of rest will do the trick. Pitt gave up 15 to Melvin Gordon

Yeah no way you can bench this guy unless you have a team that is absolutely loaded somehow.  

Pitt actually has an offense with starters so I expect them to score a lot.  Probably won't see Philly grinding clock like they were against SF.  Philly only ran 59 plays against SF.  That would be near the bottom of the league over a season.  

As elite as their defense has been, Barkley - 12.6, Gordon - 16.4, and DJ - 12.60.  Not week winning numbers but all 3 RBs to face Pitt this year have at least gotten you double digits.  

Sanders is getting 15+ opportunities a game at minimum, typically closer to 20.  Can't bench a guy with his talent getting that kind of opportunity.  I get it, this past week was disappointing, but I consider Sanders to be one of my "studs" and he'll be in my line-up every week.  

• Like 3
1 minute ago, mrfrood said:

You're high if you sell. Stand pat. 

Not really, this is a bad offense. I want consistency, but I also want high upside and Sanders is not that. He had a good game, look at Ertz today, the fact that you can have a toss up of outcomes is worrysome, if you can get someone who needs a W and has a guy like Henry, Jonathan Taylor, Hunt I would definitely make the move

1 minute ago, JacobThunder15 said:

Not really, this is a bad offense. I want consistency, but I also want high upside and Sanders is not that. He had a good game, look at Ertz today, the fact that you can have a toss up of outcomes is worrysome, if you can get someone who needs a W and has a guy like Henry, Jonathan Taylor, Hunt I would definitely make the move

The Eagles' schedule will become much lighter soon after they play Baltimore next week.  Alshon and DJax should be back pretty soon too.  I won't fault you if you want to sell Sanders but I'm not planning on doing so.

Just now, ZappB said:

The Eagles' schedule will become much lighter soon after they play Baltimore next week.  Alshon and DJax should be back pretty soon too.  I won't fault you if you want to sell Sanders but I'm not planning on doing so.

We've been saying Jefferey and DJax are going to be back for 3-4 years. They provide no long range upside to Sanders play, and thats why Im selling. With injuries getting everyone I want a healthy offense first, and the eagles never seem to be that

8 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Goedert will be back, Reagor will be back, Alshon will be back.

Better rushing days ahead, this was a great outcome for miles against a tough D

All in all we should be optimistic. 

He’s done quite well against some tough matchups.

One down game ... if you even want to call it that, last week vs SF. 

His schedule lightens up moving forward as mentioned + the team getting healthy on offense.

Hopefully some ceiling games are on the horizon.

Not sure why the sell high chatter...he way over-produced vs. a really hard matchup, and showed the wheels on the 70 yard TD. He can do that on any play...he's explosive.

Baltimore is hard too, but Eagles should feel better that they didn't completely crap the bed against a better team. Wentz also looked better too and there's an emerging weapon in Fulgam.

I don't know- arrow is unchanged or pointing up for me...not pointing down. He's also getting goal-line work. 

If anything, he was a buy low last 2 weeks (if there were ever a time to buy low on him.)

Edited by PlayTheWaivers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1