DeliciousGravy

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

16 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Not sure why the sell high chatter...he way over-produced vs. a really hard matchup, and showed the wheels on the 70 yard TD. He can do that on any play...he's explosive.

Baltimore is hard too, but Eagles should feel better that they didn't completely crap the bed against a better team. Wentz also looked better too and there's an emerging weapon in Fulgam.

I don't know- arrow is unchanged or pointing up for me...not pointing down. He's also getting goal-line work. 

If anything, he was a buy low last 2 weeks (if there were ever a time to buy low on him.)

Agreed.

He's a top RB who's a bell-cow and a guy who is not going to get vultured in top scoring opportunities. 

I love that he is the bell-cow but, I would love to see him get more targets in the passing game.

2 minutes ago, Kilo said:

I love that he is the bell-cow but, I would love to see him get more targets in the passing game.

Do you or does anyone know if he's getting a SPY and extra attention (like Ertz) in the passing game? Could explain it.

Also, his touches have decreased every week since his first game which is also kinda concerning lol 

Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

Do you or does anyone know if he's getting a SPY and extra attention (like Ertz) in the passing game? Could explain it.

Also, his touches have decreased every week since his first game which is also kinda concerning lol 

Not sure about the extra attention, it just appeared to me that Carson wasn't really looking his way.  But, I only watched the highlights so, I will go back and watch the game and see.  

But, regarding his touches, he's played back to back games against two very tough defenses (SF & PIT) so, I expected a dip in production and efficiency in the run game.

drafting miles i was expecting like almost ekeler/cmc-esque receiving production. 

8 minutes ago, brosephd said:

drafting miles i was expecting like almost ekeler/cmc-esque receiving production. 

He's outscored both of them! You must be delighted. 

• Like 4

Lane Johnson left mid game in the last two weeks, it seems his ankle is bothering him where he can’t finish full games. There was an update yesterday that Lane got a second opinion and the result was no surgery is needed. I think we will find out more today but I’ll assume this will be a big loss if he misses any time for that whole offense especially sanders?

1 hour ago, Leopard said:

Lane Johnson left mid game in the last two weeks, it seems his ankle is bothering him where he can’t finish full games. There was an update yesterday that Lane got a second opinion and the result was no surgery is needed. I think we will find out more today but I’ll assume this will be a big loss if he misses any time for that whole offense especially sanders?

Correct, however the whole offense hasn’t been great even with Johnson in.

I don’t think he’ll have a great game this week against Baltimore, but his schedule opens up pretty nicely ROS. IMO the Eagles should rebound after their bye in 2 weeks with a lot of important offensive pieces set to return around then.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 12:13 PM, Kilo said:

The catches have to be coming soon. Why? Well... I can't provide any tangible insight on why, but I do know that it probably aint a good idea to litrally run Sanders into the ground.

Get this man out into open space.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

The catches have to be coming soon. Why? Well... I can't provide any tangible insight on why, but I do know that it probably aint a good idea to litrally run Sanders into the ground.

Get this man out into open space.

He has had the opportunities, but Wentz has missed him on easy throws. If Wentz can turn things around it will be a boost to all involved. 

• Like 1

Miles is fine, everyone and everything is crumbling around him. No OLine, no WRs, Goedert is hurt.

Gonna have to deal with the frustration for now but by week 8-10 they should get Goedert and Reagor and jeffrey back to go with fulgham and hopefully lane Johnson gets healthy.

He still gets to play Dallas twice 👀

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Miles is fine, everyone and everything is crumbling around him. No OLine, no WRs, Goedert is hurt.

Gonna have to deal with the frustration for now but by week 8-10 they should get Goedert and Reagor and jeffrey back to go with fulgham and hopefully lane Johnson gets healthy.

He still gets to play Dallas twice 👀

Even though the giants are surprisingly decent on defense this season, let’s not forget he gets them twice too 👌🏻

8 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

I don’t like his matchup at all this week. Have to consider benching if you have a better option. 

I didn't really like his match up last week either..... Pitt was supposed to a monster. His floor this week should be 15 points just based on volume with the potential for a TD or more. If anything, this is the week he should really shine in the receptions department.

Best chance to buy low was last week. This is your last chance. Dudes 2nd half schedule is easy as hell

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, A27K said:

I didn't really like his match up last week either..... Pitt was supposed to a monster. His floor this week should be 15 points just based on volume with the potential for a TD or more. If anything, this is the week he should really shine in the receptions department.

I don’t understand this logic.  He got lucky on a 75 td run.  Otherwise he had like 10 carries for 5 yards.  I’m not taking Sanders out of my line up, but a 6 point day wouldn’t surprise me either.  Should be easier sledding going forward.

Do we see Sanders as a locked and loaded rb1 ros? Feels like the Eagles offense will limit his upside. 

36 minutes ago, gotamancrushontombrady said:

I don’t understand this logic.  He got lucky on a 75 td run.  Otherwise he had like 10 carries for 5 yards.  I’m not taking Sanders out of my line up, but a 6 point day wouldn’t surprise me either.  Should be easier sledding going forward.

I don't understand your logic either.  Take away every "lucky" big play from your fantasy stars and what would their weekly stats look like?

• Like 4

If you look at the RB's that BAL have faced this year, they didn't exactly lock them down.  

• Week 1, K Hunt & N Chubb: 132 rushing yds, 5 rec, 15 yds
  • Week 2: D Johnson - 34 rush yds, 2 rec, 16 yds
  • Week 3: CEH - 64 rush yds, 5 rec, 70 yds
  • Week 4: A Gibson - 46 rush yds, 1 TD, 4 rec, 82 yds; JD McKissic: 6 rush yds, 7 rec, 40 yds
  • Week 5: J Mixon - 59 rush yds, 6 rec, 35 yds

They seem to be particularly vulnerable to pass catching RB's.  Something Sanders is good at but, hasn't been used much this season.  Hopefully they get him going in that area.  I don't think the matchup is as bad as it might seem at first.  Hopefully, I'm correct as I'm starting him.

I temper this by acknowledging that the Eagles Oline and the offense in general has been bad.  

Edited by Kilo

This schedule has been brutal for Sanders...See a light after this week as they can start beating up on the NFC East...Amazed at how cake the rest of the season is...Total shootout or poor defenses all the way through the playoffs.

Oct 22 NYG Thu 7:20 pm *18.92 - - - -
8 Nov 1 Dal Sun 7:20 pm *18.20 - - - -
9 BYE - - - - - - -
10 Nov 15 @NYG Sun 12:00 pm *18.37 - - - -
11 Nov 22 @Cle Sun 12:00 pm *17.57 - - - -
12 Nov 30 Sea Mon 7:15 pm *18.12 - - - -
13 Dec 6 @GB Sun 3:25 pm *17.33 - - - -
14 Dec 13 NO Sun 3:25 pm *17.89 - - - -
15 Dec 20 @Ari Sun 3:05 pm *18.12 - - - -
16 Dec 27 @Dal Sun 3:25 pm *17.25 - - - -
17 Jan 3 Was Sun 12:00 pm *19.23 -
  • Like 2

While I agree it's not a good match-up this week, I just don't see how you can bench him. 

7 minutes ago, The G Man said:

While I agree it's not a good match-up this week, I just don't see how you can bench him. 

Probably for really really shallow leagues.

I'm in a 10man and I'm rolling Henry/Robinson/Conner/Mattison over him this week in my 2RB and Flex spots.

2 hours ago, Kilo said:

If you look at the RB's that BAL have faced this year, they didn't exactly lock them down.  

• Week 1, K Hunt & N Chubb: 132 rushing yds, 5 rec, 15 yds
  • Week 2: D Johnson - 34 rush yds, 2 rec, 16 yds
  • Week 3: CEH - 64 rush yds, 5 rec, 70 yds
  • Week 4: A Gibson - 46 rush yds, 1 TD, 4 rec, 82 yds; JD McKissic: 6 rush yds, 7 rec, 40 yds
  • Week 5: J Mixon - 59 rush yds, 6 rec, 35 yds

They seem to be particularly vulnerable to pass catching RB's.  Something Sanders is good at but, hasn't been used much this season.  Hopefully they get him going in that area.  I don't think the matchup is as bad as it might seem at first.  Hopefully, I'm correct as I'm starting him.

I temper this by acknowledging that the Eagles Oline and the offense in general has been bad.  

Other than Cleveland who probably has the best run game in the league this year, they've done a good job shutting down the run.  Ravens led all those games except the Chiefs game so the receptions come while the opponent plays catch up.  CEH did well in the passing game as the entire defensive plan was so confused and overmatched by Reid that game that Patrick Queen (who's been playing quite well other weeks) ended up getting benched in the 2nd half.  That seems to be a matchup problem limited to the Chiefs for the Ravens D though.

I agree with you that the passing game will likely be where Sanders has a hope of turning in a good game.  On the ground barring a big play you're likely looking at a 15 carry 50 yard kind of day where you hope for a TD.  

Looking good for the schedule going forward though!

2 hours ago, El_Chingon said:

I don't understand your logic either.  Take away every "lucky" big play from your fantasy stars and what would their weekly stats look like?

🙄 the point is when a good player is playing a great defense you cannot expect them to bust a 75 yard TD run unless it’s like Kamara.  All I’m saying is to temper expectation.  Davante Adams and Mike Williams both finish w 125 yards and 2 weeks in any even given - who do you want?  Adams because his plays are consistent, where as Williams is “lucky”.  Is sanders great?  Yes, not the question - he has a crap Oline and playing a good defense so “anticipating” 15 points seems like a set up for a let down.

Edited by gotamancrushontombrady
Typo