DeliciousGravy

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, paulwall29 said:

I love Sanders the player and would still gladly take him in fantasy this year but you're kidding yourself if you think this move is going to create a significant discount. He's being valued at around the 20th-25th player right now in PPR and if you look at the guys going immediately after him (Mike Evans, Fournette, Amari, Odell) I can't see this move definitively moving any of them ahead of him. He was already being taken in the same range as guys like Aaron Jones, Josh Jacobs, Drake, Allen Robinson and I don't see much changing. I do think it's misguided to not acknowledge that this move would hurt his overall upside but it certainly won't have much effect on his bottomline.

Yeah that is pretty much true, at least early on. Many industry folks are touting him as a comfy top 10 RB and several of the higher stakes BB drafts I have noticed have him popping in between the peak of 9th/10th overall to around the mid (maybe late) 2nd. It will likely adjust if a Hyde type comes aboard, but prob not real significantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lotta talk about them signing Hyde but they haven't signed Hyde🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, pushaZ said:

Lotta talk about them signing Hyde but they haven't signed Hyde🤔

 

They should, it would be a perfect fit.

I think Hyde wants more than the minimum, and he really is worth more than that.  He could even operate as the bell cow if Sanders is injured.   I think it is all negotiation at this point.   If they do not sign him with good money, he can afford to wait through the off season and beginning of the actual season.

Injuries are going to happen to some team, and he is going to get a big contract.     If I was Philly, I would anty up before that happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to see hyde anywhere near Sanders , this dude can be an absolute stud if they let him run wild and hyde is just enough a player that I can see myself raging going WHY isn't sanders in??? I think Sanders could be in for a great year 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Savatage79 said:

I don't want to see hyde anywhere near Sanders , this dude can be an absolute stud if they let him run wild and hyde is just enough a player that I can see myself raging going WHY isn't sanders in??? I think Sanders could be in for a great year 


I have high hopes for Sanders this season, definitely on my short list of RB’s to draft. He can go absolutely ballistic if the Eagles don’t sign another back. Theres just a crazy amount of touches to be absorbed. Or at least if they do bring in someone , they use him sparingly just to spell Miles. And not as an early down bruiser. Not sure what other FA running backs are out there, but Hyde for sure I wouldn’t want. He would take away a big chunk of rushing attempts, if last year is of any indication. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I do not think Hyde is bad at all for Sanders.

He has a high chance of injury if they rely on him heavily.  IF he does get injured, Philly is in trouble with such shallow depth on the Bench.

I see Hyde doing much the same thing as Howard, but with only about half the touches and much less explosiveness. He may be a threat in the end zone though. IMO- Sanders will have much improved touches but not get overworked..  I am hoping they sign Hyde and I will still gladly draft Sanders late round 1 or early round 2.

Edited by Sivaro
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's wrong with 15-20 touches for Sanders next year? He's almost a 5 YPC and 10 YPR guy. 1000 yards rushing, 500 yards receiving, potential double digit TD's?

This is Dalvin Cook lite. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They didn't sign Hyde. Doesn't look like they'll sign Devonta Freeman.

 

Who else is left that's remotely threatening?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

They didn't sign Hyde. Doesn't look like they'll sign Devonta Freeman.

 

Who else is left that's remotely threatening?

At this point I don't see anyone as a real serious threat. They brought back Clement and have a few UDFA priority type RBs that had end of draft type grades.

The only other vet carriers are Shady, Lamar Miller, Freeman...maybe someone like Buck Allen, Spencer Ware, Procise or Jonathan Williams are others that qualify as camp body types...pickens are slim, their early actions suggest they believe Miles can carry the mail.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you draft Sanders before Nick Chubb?

I would draft Chubb because he's safer and more durable, but in the back of my mind, I kind of think Sanders will outproduce him in 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is going to ruffle some feathers on this thread, but I feel people are ignoring that Sanders has some masjor issues as a runner when it comes to vision and decisiveness. He is a WAY better receiver than I expected watching him at Penn State, but as a runner? Looks more to me like an athlete pigeonholed into playing RB

For the season I bet he has a RB2 floor in PPR but game to game: I see a lot of inconsistency due to his flaws as a runner and nowhere near the leap some expect him to take, especially considering Pederson is naturally disposed to RBBC (doubly so if they bring in Hyde)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

This is going to ruffle some feathers on this thread, but I feel people are ignoring that Sanders has some masjor issues as a runner when it comes to vision and decisiveness. He is a WAY better receiver than I expected watching him at Penn State, but as a runner? Looks more to me like an athlete pigeonholed into playing RB

For the season I bet he has a RB2 floor in PPR but game to game: I see a lot of inconsistency due to his flaws as a runner and nowhere near the leap some expect him to take, especially considering Pederson is naturally disposed to RBBC (doubly so if they bring in Hyde)

Hyde signed with Seattle yesterday

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

Hyde signed with Seattle yesterday

Lol oops: somehow missed that. Point still implies for an RB in general.

Just think he has some issues at a runner that a goal line RB would exacerbate from a fantay perspective

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

This is going to ruffle some feathers on this thread, but I feel people are ignoring that Sanders has some masjor issues as a runner when it comes to vision and decisiveness. He is a WAY better receiver than I expected watching him at Penn State, but as a runner? Looks more to me like an athlete pigeonholed into playing RB

For the season I bet he has a RB2 floor in PPR but game to game: I see a lot of inconsistency due to his flaws as a runner and nowhere near the leap some expect him to take, especially considering Pederson is naturally disposed to RBBC (doubly so if they bring in Hyde)

I admit I thought I noticed that a bit early on--as far as him being inconsistent and bounce stuff...but something changed for him in that finish stretch. He was more decisive and really effective up the middle. There are stats that support that, just don't have them in front of me. His receiving skills were far better than I thought as well. His floor is really solid and ceiling is top notch, hence some helium in his hype.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will gladly take miles sanders at the turn but I fear in a lot of leagues he will already be gone. I take miles sanders over nick chubb for 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

Lol oops: somehow missed that. Point still implies for an RB in general.

Just think he has some issues at a runner that a goal line RB would exacerbate from a fantay perspective

Who is left as a goal line RB that could pose a threat though? Maybe a last minute training camp cut but other than that there isn't much to threaten Sanders right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, pushaZ said:

Who is left as a goal line RB that could pose a threat though? Maybe a last minute training camp cut but other than that there isn't much to threaten Sanders right now.

LeGarrette Blount 2020 Hype Train

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like people are expecting a cmc style breakout sophomore season which just isn’t likely imo. But hey, if he gains 10 pounds of muscle like cmc did then I’ll be more of a believer. Sanders targets might also drop since Wentz has more weapons (that might stay healthy?). However, more overall touches are certain and I would expect him to continue to develop. The expectations just seem a little too lofty to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the deal.  If I have the 10-12 in the draft, Sanders must be a lock as my #2 RB on the turn somewhere if he's there.  There is no way I feel you can let him slide further and give him to another team that already has an elite RB.

 

There...I've settled any debate.  If Sanders situation doesn't change, how can you not take him as soon as you can in the 2nd round?  I know there's risk but there's risk with the other RBs around his ADP as well.....take the plunge and don't look back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

This is the deal.  If I have the 10-12 in the draft, Sanders must be a lock as my #2 RB on the turn somewhere if he's there.  There is no way I feel you can let him slide further and give him to another team that already has an elite RB.

 

There...I've settled any debate.  If Sanders situation doesn't change, how can you not take him as soon as you can in the 2nd round?  I know there's risk but there's risk with the other RBs around his ADP as well.....take the plunge and don't look back.

I have the #7 overall in a BB draft tonight. I have him in serious consideration for the pick. Know full well he won't make it back to me in the 2nd.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I have the #7 overall in a BB draft tonight. I have him in serious consideration for the pick. Know full well he won't make it back to me in the 2nd.

 

As you stated, we both agree...he better not.  😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I have the #7 overall in a BB draft tonight. I have him in serious consideration for the pick. Know full well he won't make it back to me in the 2nd.

 

 

I hope you picked him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

 

 

I hope you picked him!

 

If he's available, isn't he pretty much a no-brainier pick Le' Penseur?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having Sanders as a Number 1 pick at 7....hmm.   You just might able to get him after the turn.    I would likely go Hill first and hope to get him after.

That said, I think he is going to put up top 10 numbers so he can be picked at 7, and it would not be shocking.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Having Sanders as a Number 1 pick at 7....hmm.   You just might able to get him after the turn.    I would likely go Hill first and hope to get him after.

That said, I think he is going to put up top 10 numbers so he can be picked at 7, and it would not be shocking.

 

 

 

No....no...no.....a no-brainier pick in the 2nd round is what I'm saying.  No way I take him at number 7.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   1 member