Rotoworld.com Forums

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still come back to a few things. This is a player who, after he was drafted, his GM said "We've been looking for a runner like Miles for a few years".  He then went on to have one of the greate

Posted Images

Just now, dave.zavala89 said:

any update on his return?

Come back next Wednesday when the practice reports are released post-bye. Cautiously optimistic...Sanders is set up for decent success no matter the game-script going forward. It's not like Scott set the world on fire. 

• Thanks 1
Just now, Fried Pork Grind said:

What kind of value do you think he has? 

Jonathan Taylor maybe? Someone with a lot of potential still but things are super murky RB wise.

Or RoJo + a WR

My hope is that the current owner is soured over the recent injury. Not sure if a Sanders owner would take either of the above?

8 minutes ago, InVINCEable said:

Jonathan Taylor maybe? Someone with a lot of potential still but things are super murky RB wise.

Or RoJo + a WR

My hope is that the current owner is soured over the recent injury. Not sure if a Sanders owner would take either of the above?

I own Miles in two leagues and JT in one of those. I would reject both of those offers without hesitation. Like Colonel Forbin said needs to be a dependable WR and a high upside RB. 

[...] Hope he stays healthy do we think Scott will still be involved? maybe 70/30 split or 60/40? I can see the eagles not over working him since he's had back to back injuries if they got the division locked up for a playoff run

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed assistant coach content
  • Like 1
4 minutes ago, dave.zavala89 said:

[...] Hope he stays healthy do we think Scott will still be involved? maybe 70/30 split or 60/40? I can see the eagles not over working him since he's had back to back injuries if they got the division locked up for a playoff run

Yeah I think its reasonable to expect them to limit his workload after being banged up the entire season.

• Like 1
On 9/26/2020 at 9:49 AM, battle2heaven said:

Yeah, I own Sanders in a few leagues and I'm not bothering with the Scott handcuff. If I were to grab a handcuff RB, I'd rather roster someone like Carlos Hyde or AJ Dillon; RBs that I know will get bulk of work if the starter goes down. 

Good call on AJ Dillon. Glad I rostered Williams.

• Haha 2

The good news...they still listing him as “Out” on Yahoo, he is good to stay in the IR spot. Come out of the Bye week and will be able to play again. Best case for the injury. Couldn’t ask for more. 

Unlike friggin’ someone that is out since the last 5 minutes of week 1 and you can’t put him in the IR spot for any week. 

• Like 1
SUN, NOV 8, 10:04 AMROTOWIRE.COM

Sanders (knee) is expected to return to practice this week, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports

Spin: Sanders missed all practices and both games before the Eagles' Week 9 bye due to a knee injury, but he's apparently recovered enough during the respite to be able to join his teammates on the field for Week 10 prep. With Philly slated to play next Sunday against the Giants, his initial practice status won't be known until Wednesday.
  • Like 1

More than ready to have this guy back on the field and healthy, as he has finally getting the RB1 usage this year when he’s been healthy.

He has above an 80% share of his teams carries, and a 13.4% target share in the 5 games he has played. Only James Robinson (wow, 2020 is wild) would have a higher percentage of RB carries in their backfield, and Sanders would be top 7 in target share for RBs as well. 

So he was getting top 5 usage before the injury, now fully healthy and past his brutal matchups he had early in the season (LAR, SF, BAL, PIT... still finished as a top 20 back in 3 of those games), with games against GB, DAL, NYG, ARI on the docket. 

If healthy, Miles Sanders is poised to finish as a top 8 RB from here on.

2 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

More than ready to have this guy back on the field and healthy, as he has finally getting the RB1 usage this year when he’s been healthy.

He has above an 80% share of his teams carries, and a 13.4% target share in the 5 games he has played. Only James Robinson (wow, 2020 is wild) would have a higher percentage of RB carries in their backfield, and Sanders would be top 7 in target share for RBs as well. 

So he was getting top 5 usage before the injury, now fully healthy and past his brutal matchups he had early in the season (LAR, SF, BAL, PIT... still finished as a top 20 back in 3 of those games), with games against GB, DAL, NYG, ARI on the docket. 

If healthy, Miles Sanders is poised to finish as a top 8 RB from here on.

Fingers crossed he goes on the league winning stretch run like he did last year...he was producing when the offense was in the freaking toilet. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, brosephd said:

has the eagles oline and stuff got healthier?

Yes, I do believe so. Lane Johnson has been playing thru stuff, Peters too. Time off had to help.

Rookie 4th Rd pick Driscoll had been out too, not sure if he'll be ready? He's quality depth at both T and might be ready to assume starting G position.