DeliciousGravy

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

No....no...no.....a no-brainier pick in the 2nd round is what I'm saying.  No way I take him at number 7.

22 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I have the #7 overall in a BB draft tonight. I have him in serious consideration for the pick. Know full well he won't make it back to me in the 2nd.

St Steven was going to use his 7th pick for him thinking he would NOT be available.  In truth, he will probably be off the board by his spot in the turn.

So.....I am curious as to if St Steven got his man.

35 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

St Steven was going to use his 7th pick for him thinking he would NOT be available.  In truth, he will probably be off the board by his spot in the turn.

So.....I am curious as to if St Steven got his man.

I did not, as I passed, it played out the way I suspected (as far as the 6 picks leading to me) and then Sanders was gone on the 12/13 turn.

15 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I did not, as I passed, it played out the way I suspected (as far as the 6 picks leading to me) and then Sanders was gone on the 12/13 turn.

Who did you get with those 2 picks?

13 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

thats gonna be the case in most competitive leagues . Who did you pick at 7 anyways .  Curious ... Was it Henry or Hill 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

That's what I said previously.  If I'm sitting at the 10-12 pick in drafts this year, there is no I will let him make it past the turn. 

I don't think any legit competitive league is going to let him slip back to guys who already have a stud RB. 

No Way.  

• Like 1

If you had pick 7, would you have pulled the trigger on MIles Sanders in the first?

45 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Who did you get with those 2 picks?

45 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

thats gonna be the case in most competitive leagues . Who did you pick at 7 anyways .  Curious ... Was it Henry or Hill 

I went with Henry and then on the way back in the 2nd I nabbed Aaron Jones (CEH was the other consideration and he went directly after my pick).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I went with Henry and then on the way back in the 2nd I nabbed Aaron Jones (CEH was the other consideration and he went directly after my pick).

Was Jacobs, or Drake still on the board?

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Was Jacobs, or Drake still on the board?

After I took Henry, it went Lamar, and then followed: Jacobs, Mixon, Drake...then Kelce/Sanders on the turn followed by Adams, Ekeler, Chubb and Mahomes before I took A Jones.

Edited by ST. STEVEN

Just now, ST. STEVEN said:

At 7th overall, yes. After I took Henry, it went Lamar, and then followed: Jacobs, Mixon, Drake...then Kelce/Sanders on the turn followed by Adams, Ekeler, Chubb and Mahomes

Wow nice draft (other than the over valued QBs IMHO).  Those RBs came of the board quickly.

You're drafting against real competition. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, theSPANKER said:

Wow nice draft (other than the over valued QBs IMHO).  Those RBs came of the board quickly.

You're drafting against real competition. 

Yeah it was an FFPC BB, just a $77 entry but pretty much all you can find on a 60 sec clock right now. Just mostly practice for the higher stakes ones I do in Aug!

One guy was out of his mind (trying to affect draft I think) and took Lamar in 1st, Mahomes in 2nd, Murray in 3rd, Dak in 5th and Josh Allen in 7th...it wildly changed the course of the draft imo, but was pretty well dead on by everyone else.

My 3rd was Odell, followed by a slight reach in Akers in 4th, then Sutton in 5th, a reactionary Russ Wilson grab in 6th, then caught tail end of TE run and got Hurst 7th, and Hollywood Brown in the 8th. Other good values (imo) like; Ruggs in the 11th, McFarland/Pittman in 14th/15th slots and Joshua Kelley in 18th.

• Like 4

What a gift playing someone that took lamar mahomes murray dak josh allen in a best ball all within your first 7 picks. I get drafting 3 qb in a best ball but not 5 in your first 7 picks.

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2020 at 8:02 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

I admit I thought I noticed that a bit early on--as far as him being inconsistent and bounce stuff...but something changed for him in that finish stretch. He was more decisive and really effective up the middle. There are stats that support that, just don't have them in front of me. His receiving skills were far better than I thought as well. His floor is really solid and ceiling is top notch, hence some helium in his hype.

I went back and watched his late season tape and came out completely agreeing with you and actually went with Sanders over Jacobs in a trade my dynasty league having a choice of both. I still don't see vision as his strong suit, but he looked like a completely different player as a runner. 

Fully on board with him in the mid 2nd or so in redraft and have no problem with him as early as 12 overall.

He isn't the type of player who needs a ton of touches either to be a high RB2 in PPR while the ceiling is a fringe top 5 back if he can bulk up a bit and get those workhorse-level touches

Edited by mocha4313
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Def blows for Miles and the offense. Brooks was an absolute mauler. Ultimately it won't impact my ranking of him, they still have an exceptional line and some able bodies (including a 4th Rd pick from this years' draft) and could always bring back Jason Peters too. Screws up some of the continuity, but might actually be a sneaky boost if they sign someone like Peters, as it is less cash in the pool to bring in a Freeman or Lamar Miller to the RB room.

39 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Def blows for Miles and the offense. Brooks was an absolute mauler. Ultimately it won't impact my ranking of him, they still have an exceptional line and some able bodies (including a 4th Rd pick from this years' draft) and could always bring back Jason Peters too. Screws up some of the continuity, but might actually be a sneaky boost if they sign someone like Peters, as it is less cash in the pool to bring in a Freeman or Lamar Miller to the RB room.

Damn I hate this news ! Hoping a speedy recovery for Brandon. This absolutely will hurt the line. 

On 5/26/2020 at 8:59 PM, isuckatdfs said:

What a gift playing someone that took lamar mahomes murray dak josh allen in a best ball all within your first 7 picks. I get drafting 3 qb in a best ball but not 5 in your first 7 picks.

Do you guys purposely look for non-competitive leagues to play in?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Brooks is a great guard and does his job perfectly as a pass blocker, but that’s not much of a task for a 350lb RG. What he is exceptional at and a true difference maker is as a run blocker, and in combination with L Johnson make up by far the best RG/RT run blocking duo in the NFL. This is a wash or even a plus for Wentz’s passing, a blow for the offense and team outlook in general, and a huge blow for the running game and RB game script. 

Edited by LostAtSea

To reiterate, this likely takes the Eagles out of serious contention and will have them playing from behind and airing it out 600+ times again this year, as they have had major trouble moving the ball because they can’t run it when he has been out before. Multiple players and coaches in Philly have made that point in the past. Here is Jason Kelce after their playoff loss 2 years ago when Brooks was hurt, and they stalled in the last 7 drives of the game consecutively, unable to run the ball:

"I would argue [we were] a hurt right guard away from getting back to the NFC Championship Game.” 

To even further nail in the point, here is what happened in the NFC Divisional Round playoffs in 2018-19:

After two drives with Brooks in the game, the Eagles led 14-0 and their RBs had 7 carries for 35 yards and 1 TD. And they had passed for 130+ yards and 1 TD as well. Just 7 minutes into the game.

Then Brooks tore his Achilles with 4:37 left in the first quarter. 

Over the next 3 quarters plus of playoff game time, the Eagles managed only 90 total yards total as an offense, ran the ball 9 times for 16 yards total, and scored zero additional points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LostAtSea said:

To even further nail in the point, here is what happened in the NFC Divisional Round playoffs in 2018-19:

After two drives with Brooks in the game, the Eagles led 14-0 and their RBs had 7 carries for 35 yards and 1 TD. And they had passed for 130+ yards and 1 TD as well. Just 7 minutes into the game.

Then Brooks tore his Achilles with 4:37 left in the first quarter. 

Over the next 3 quarters plus of playoff game time, the Eagles managed only 90 total yards total as an offense, ran the ball 9 times for 16 yards total, and scored zero additional points.

Damn I knew Brooks was great, but had no idea the offense seems to stall so much when he's not in there.  Also, this is his second Achilles tear?  Tough break for a great player.

You think Sanders could maintain some of his value given his usage in the passing game?  Maybe what he loses in the run game could be made up for with quicker throws to the RB since the Oline isn't as good?  You seem in tune to the Eagles so curious what you think.  If the Eagles still had Jordan Howard or an RB like that, I would say massive blow.  I think Sanders does a lot of damage in the passing game so could make up for that IMO.  

Yeah, I mean I am not gonna dispute that Brooks is a difference maker--a rare guard that can absolutely affect a game (as a Saints fan, I know about elite guard play and how it can take an offense to new heights). The numbers @LostAtSea quotes are too small of samples to make sweeping conclusions from though. Those were at the end of the season, on-the-fly adjustments. They have time to choose a course and establish some cohesion. Shoot, even if they don't bring back Peters they could sign Larry Warford--a saints cap casualty that has been a consistent pro-bowl player (3 yrs in a row) and a monster road grader. I even like the looks of their 4th Rd pick, Jack Driscoll, from Auburn--he is a big boy 6'4" and 310+ and comes from a pro-style offense where he played both guard and tackle.

I think it is far too hyperbolic to say this 'takes them out of serious contention' or even really alters how they are gonna call a game, etc. Even if it does force them to pass more, that will only likely help Miles--as he est'd himself as a nearly elite type of passing game option and can only build off of what he did as a rookie in that scope of his game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Yeah, I mean I am not gonna dispute that Brooks is a difference maker--a rare guard that can absolutely affect a game (as a Saints fan, I know about elite guard play and how it can take an offense to new heights). The numbers @LostAtSea quotes are too small of samples to make sweeping conclusions from though. Those were at the end of the season, on-the-fly adjustments. They have time to choose a course and establish some cohesion. Shoot, even if they don't bring back Peters they could sign Larry Warford--a saints cap casualty that has been a consistent pro-bowl player (3 yrs in a row) and a monster road grader. I even like the looks of their 4th Rd pick, Jack Driscoll, from Auburn--he is a big boy 6'4" and 310+ and comes from a pro-style offense where he played both guard and tackle.

I think it is far too hyperbolic to say this 'takes them out of serious contention' or even really alters how they are gonna call a game, etc. Even if it does force them to pass more, that will only likely help Miles--as he est'd himself as a nearly elite type of passing game option and can only build off of what he did as a rookie in that scope of his game.

Many players and coaches have talked at length during 2019 off season about how Eagles don’t have much shot without Brooks playing. I quoted one of them explaining exactly what happened in that small sample size.

Whereas you are just posting wishful thinking to cheer yourself up.

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I'm not saying Jake Driscoll is Brooks. He is a rookie but I watch a lot of SEC football. I've seen Driscoll a lot and he is a good run blocker. I'm sure there will be a drop off but as another posed stated run less counters and a few more sweeps, screens, or dumpoffs to help mitigate the loss of Brooks 

• Like 1

Just now, LostAtSea said:

Many players and coaches have talked at length during 2019 off season about how Eagles don’t have much shot without Brooks playing. I quoted one of them explaining exactly what happened in that small sample size.

Whereas you are just posting wishful thinking to cheer yourself up.

I don't think many here care about the eagles win/loss record. I don't.

Unless the loss of Brooks means miles sanders will only rush for 500 yards then I don't see it affecting Sanders fantasy numbers that much.

• Thanks 1