Rotoworld.com Forums

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

4 minutes ago, ccimore said:

Every year I fall for the high upside second round RB, and every year I regret it.  

I started getting suspicious when Sanders touch count kept declining since week 2, despite his RB1 peformance against the FREAKING RAMS.

Now, it's basically rock bottom, and he's stuck in the "can't start him can't cut him" roster spot. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still come back to a few things. This is a player who, after he was drafted, his GM said "We've been looking for a runner like Miles for a few years".  He then went on to have one of the greate

Posted Images

Just now, MrPositive said:

Unless there is a major error, stats says Sanders was targeted 3 times and caught 2. I saw the bad drop but not any others.

I think it’s wrong because I remember seeing him drop 2 easy passes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Just now, MrPositive said:

Unless there is a major error, stats says Sanders was targeted 3 times and caught 2. I saw the bad drop but not any others.

I definitely saw him drop 2 when I was watching.  But thought I saw a third when I wasn't paying attention.  Could be wrong on third drop

2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I started getting suspicious when Sanders touch count kept declining since week 2, despite his RB1 peformance against the FREAKING RAMS.

Now, it's basically rock bottom, and he's stuck in the "can't start him can't cut him" roster spot. 

His best game overall was against the frickin' Steelers when he housed the 74 yarder. Plus he cracked 100 rushing yards against the tough Ravens D the next week.

Just now, ninersdd said:

His best game overall was against the frickin' Steelers when he housed the 74 yarder. Plus he cracked 100 rushing yards against the tough Ravens D the next week.

Yep.  By far the best talent in that offense.  Problem is they won't use him

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Gotta start him next @GB though. Hopefully he can do what Montgomery did to them last night. The thing is, how much do you trust this Philly offense?

No, no you don't need to start him at Green Bay. At least they ride Montgomery and he's a full-time player on offense. A part-time player on a horrible offense with no rhythm or consistent touch shares is asking for a loss. 

I noticed, after a very low pass from Wentz that Sanders failed to bring in, he gestured for the ball to be higher.  It seemed to me Miles was frustrated.  I wonder if his emotions have anything to do with his declining usage.

7 hours ago, Chippa said:

I think it’s wrong because I remember seeing him drop 2 easy passes

He did drop two passes, one of them didn't show up in the stats because it was negated by a penalty. He also caught another ball and had a ten yard gain but that also came back on a penalty. 

4 hours ago, ccimore said:

I noticed, after a very low pass from Wentz that Sanders failed to bring in, he gestured for the ball to be higher.  It seemed to me Miles was frustrated.  I wonder if his emotions have anything to do with his declining usage.

The ball basically has to be right in the numbers for Sanders to catch the ball, he cannot haul it in if its a bit low. Its on Wentz to throw a better ball but Sanders also has butter fingers.

I don’t know Xs and Os that well and I understand the Eagles O line is wet paper garbage but why do the Eagles not us Sanders more?

I know it’s been discussed ITT already but the Eagles do look A LOT like Matt Navy’s Bears right now. Just continue to throw the ball on every play despite the QB playing blindfolded (at least I assume Wentz is blindfolded.) I don’t know if the O line is so bad that they just can’t but they need to run the ball more. 6 carries?? With one of the worst QBs in the league?? That doesn’t make sense. It certainly isn’t working.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, sSektor said:

Pederson has no idea what he's doing on offense anymore.

The second to last series was something unbelievable.

• 1st down & 10 - gets sacked for -10 yards
  • 2nd & 20 - offensive holding
  • 2nd & 30 - Wentz unable to get ball to Scott slightly up the sideline 
  • 3rd & 30 - dump off to Scott in backfield for -1 yard
  • 4th & 31 - incomplete pass

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, mrfrood said:

Was it because of him or Frank Reich?

Pretty sure Reich didn't handle play calling duties, but he's well known around the league as a quarterback whisperer type. As a Colts fan, I feel like Frank is a good teacher...not so sure about his game plan and in game adjustments. Overall, I like the guy and think he'll improve as a coach on game day. Unless Pederson feels lost without him or possibly Wentz, IMO he's not what they're missing.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

We are all gonna bench him and next week he’s good for a buck twenty five and two tugs. 

That would be his highest rushing total of the season and almost as many TDs as he's scored all season in a single game. His numbers are absolutely pathetic for where he was drafted.

• Like 1