DeliciousGravy

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I don't think many here care about the eagles win/loss record. I don't.

Unless the loss of Brooks means miles sanders will only rush for 500 yards then I don't see it affecting Sanders fantasy numbers that much.

I don't care either.  But I'm guessing it means fewer big holes for Sanders to make chunk plays or even turning 1 yard into 3.

I guess you could hope that if it indeed translates into them being behind, maybe it means more passes to Sanders.  But Scott is still there so I don't know.

All I do know is that this negative news for Miles. 

Maybe he should change his name to Kilometers Sanders.

Edited by K197040
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Ha...I'm snickering at my own joke. 

Your joke was miles away from being funny ;)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, K197040 said:

You really went the extra mile on that one 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What about Mile Sanders then?

Or Half Miles Sanders?

Is it the conversion to metric that ruins it?

Just wondering how bad this Brandon brooks injury is going to be to the eagles? Will they still he able to move the ball or not. People are saying that he was their best player. Does this make him more a second/third round acquisition now? Was all over him before this. 

1 hour ago, Starz12345 said:

Just wondering how bad this Brandon brooks injury is going to be to the eagles? Will they still he able to move the ball or not. People are saying that he was their best player. Does this make him more a second/third round acquisition now? Was all over him before this. 

He also tore his other achilles in the 2018/2019 play-offs against the Saints. That whole game, Philly got all of 49 yds rushing (12 of which by Agholor on a sweep)...

...which was actually 6 yards more than the week before when Brooks played 100% of snaps against the Bears.

I guess nobody knows. Philly also still has 2 young RG fresh out of college, so that sounds scary, but then they have Kelce as Center (according to some people one of the absolute best) so I wouldn't be surprised if they suffer a bit during the first half of the season but pick it up later. I also wouldn't be surprised if Pederson (pretty smart coach) can coach his way around it.

A lot of Sanders' damage was coming from the passing game. I do expect the running game to take a hit with Brooks' loss. I'm not sure they have anyone on the roster that can do half as much as he did.

IF with brooks the plan was 14 rushes 5 targets per game with miles sanders and now the plan is 12 rushes per game and 7 targets per game to miles that is actually a win for miles sanders. Runs up the middle are so worthless in the nfl and screen passes and even deep targets miles sanders got last year is where it is at. I still have him as a top 5 overall pick. I would take all day over dalvin cook. 

• Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 9:13 AM, K197040 said:

I LOL'd at Kilometers Sanders. Love it. Shame on anyone reigning you in!! hahaha.

I still like Sanders as a bottom of the first type guy. I can get both the hype and the potential downside, but we have a very limited amount of playmaker RBs with a lock on snaps and opportunity and it's important to grab them early, imo.

3 minutes ago, aapox said:

I LOL'd at Kilometers Sanders. Love it. Shame on anyone reigning you in!! hahaha.

I still like Sanders as a bottom of the first type guy. I can get both the hype and the potential downside, but we have a very limited amount of playmaker RBs with a lock on snaps and opportunity and it's important to grab them early, imo.

Playing without two very important O-linemen.

• Like 1

On 7/6/2020 at 4:08 PM, isuckatdfs said:

IF with brooks the plan was 14 rushes 5 targets per game with miles sanders and now the plan is 12 rushes per game and 7 targets per game to miles that is actually a win for miles sanders. Runs up the middle are so worthless in the nfl and screen passes and even deep targets miles sanders got last year is where it is at. I still have him as a top 5 overall pick. I would take all day over dalvin cook. 

He was productive later in the season running the ball. Those holes won't be there as often without Brooks, so those 14 quality rushes more likely become 14 poor quality rushes. Why would they all of a sudden throw more?

Why do people keep pretending Peters is still there?

56 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Why do people keep pretending Peters is still there?

Why does it matter? The real loss is Brooks. They have a 1st round draft pick to step into Peters' role and Peters hasn't been healthy much the last few years.

52 minutes ago, devaster said:

Why does it matter? The real loss is Brooks. They have a 1st round draft pick to step into Peters' role and Peters hasn't been healthy much the last few years.

Am noting - Dillard is a good man; but no Peters.

Dude looks like a souped up Alvin Kamara out there...these highlights are great. 50 reception lock at the least if healthy...Definitely a 1/2 turn minimum guy

2 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Dude looks like a souped up Alvin Kamara out there...these highlights are great. 50 reception lock at the least if healthy...Definitely a 1/2 turn minimum guy

In almost every one of the receptions shown, the closest defensive player to him is a linebacker - and they can't cover him.  Recipe for success.  But his carries look good too - the burst and the ability to anticipate/avoid hard contact & also to initiate contact when warranted.  Overall in these highlights he may not have faced the toughest D's but he did fine work.

His vision and decision-making is lacking - as far as running between the tackles is concerned.  He functions much better out in space as a receiver than as a true rusher.  A depleted line won’t help him.

2 minutes ago, BMcP said:

His vision and decision-making is lacking - as far as running between the tackles is concerned.  He functions much better out in space as a receiver than as a true rusher.  A depleted line won’t help him.

That’s true. Two very underrated aspects that are more intuition than anything and thus hard to teach.

That being said, his ability to catch the ball and make dudes miss makes up for it. There’s a reason he was still quite efficient as a runner and it’s not all on the line. In fact Philly line didn’t end up being that special in run blocking. Point being, despite those two flaws he’s still a good runner because of his other skills. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, devaster said:

Peters played 13 games last year. One of the best offensive lines from last season won't have (as of now) 2 of its starters.  That seems like it matters to me.  

• Thanks 1

Targeting this guy everywhere especially in PPR setups. Second year rb with not too much competition for touches with plenty of skill on a good team. What’s not to like? If a few offensive line issues have people spooked I will be stoked come draft day. 

3 minutes ago, Black_Panther said:

Targeting this guy everywhere especially in PPR setups. Second year rb with not too much competition for touches with plenty of skill on a good team. What’s not to like? If a few offensive line issues have people spooked I will be stoked come draft day. 

Actually, the point is the O-line issues aren’t spooking people - he’s being drafted in the first round at the moment.

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Actually, the point is the O-line issues aren’t spooking people - he’s being drafted in the first round at the moment.

At least he has a QB that is mobile and can effectively move the ball, unlike someone like Goff who is completely dependent on a good line. Eagles o-line is still pretty good as long as Lane Johnson and Kelce are there.

Also potential for 2nd year growth becoming a better rusher. Just have a good feeling on this guy. Problem I have is that Boston Scott was almost as effective last year as a PPR machine.

33 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Back end of the 1st rd don’t see a problem with that but most sites have an average draft position for Sanders in that 14 to 20 range which is clearly second round.