DeliciousGravy

Miles Sanders 2020 Outlook

41 minutes ago, Black_Panther said:

Back end of the 1st rd don’t see a problem with that but most sites have an average draft position for Sanders in that 14 to 20 range which is clearly second round.

That’s about where he belongs - just saying I’ve observed him going off the board in the late-first quite frequently.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, BMcP said:

That’s about where he belongs - just saying I’ve observed him going off the board in the late-first quite frequently.

Late 1st huh ... not once have I observed him going that early, & Iv’e mocked plenty. Sorry but 16+ teamers is not the norm. He may even drop a few spots, as more casual fans learn of Peters & Brooks. 

Edited by RunCMC

6 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Late 1st huh ... not once have I observed him going that early, & Iv’e mocked plenty. Sorry but 16+ teamers is not the norm. He may even drop a few spots, as more casual fans learn of Peters & Brooks. 

No need to apologize - these are 12-teamers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, BMcP said:

He's almost always going off the board by the late 1st or in rare cases on the way back of the snake in the 13/14/15 overall area. In many high stakes best balls (myFFPC) I have observed him going in the 6th to 10th overall range too--to the point that it isn't strange to see anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

He's almost always going off the board by the late 1st or in rare cases on the way back of the snake in the 13/14/15 overall area. In many high stakes best balls (myFFPC) I have observed him going in the 6th to 10th overall range too--to the point that it isn't strange to see anymore.

this is what I’m noticing in yahoo mocks as well. For people who really want to grab an RB he’s going late 1st and for people who grab adams/hill or even someone like Mixon he’s going early 2nd.  

• Thanks 1

I love Sanders but there’s no way I can justify taking him over some of the elite and sure fire WR talents in the league. Around mid second in a 12 team seams to be a nice and fair place to make the leap of faith on him. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I love Sanders but there’s no way I can justify taking him over some of the elite and sure fire WR talents in the league. Around mid second in a 12 team seams to be a nice and fair place to make the leap of faith on him. 

The few yahoo standard mocks I've tried so far had him going from 12-16. I'd reach for him on the turn at 12-13 or 11-14, to try to pair him with a locked in wr1. I'm probably a little higher on him than some.

6 hours ago, fluffy69 said:

The few yahoo standard mocks I've tried so far had him going from 12-16. I'd reach for him on the turn at 12-13 or 11-14, to try to pair him with a locked in wr1. I'm probably a little higher on him than some.

Yeah that's still fair. I went and took a look at ADP and the players that are obvious choices to me above him are: CMC, Barkley, Thomas, Henry, Cook (for now), Adams, Kamara, Mixon, Elliot, Hill, and Jones. So putting him there at 12 isn't some crazy stretch.

However, personally, I also rather have Hopkins and Godwin. So I suppose I have him more towards the higher end of the second than the middle. You can also make a case for guys like A. Jones, Chubb, Jacobs, and Drake over him. So while there's no way i'd take them over him there's a possibility he can be ranked lower. 

• Like 1

Just now, Gohawks said:

Yeah that's still fair. I went and took a look at ADP and the players that are obvious choices to me above him are: CMC, Barkley, Thomas, Henry, Cook (for now), Adams, Kamara, Mixon, Elliot, Hill, and Jones. So putting him there at 12 isn't some crazy stretch.

However, personally, I also rather have Hopkins and Godwin. So I suppose I have him more towards the higher end of the second than the middle. You can also make a case for guys like A. Jones, Chubb, Jacobs, and Drake over him. So while there's no way i'd take them over him there's a possibility he can be ranked lower. 

Agree with your top "obvious" choices over Sanders.   Personally, of the next group, I think I'd take Jacobs over him.   I'd have trouble deciding between Sanders and Drake.

A. Jones and Chubb would be below him easily for me.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Agree with your top "obvious" choices over Sanders.   Personally, of the next group, I think I'd take Jacobs over him.   I'd have trouble deciding between Sanders and Drake.

A. Jones and Chubb would be below him easily for me.

I actually had Jacobs ranked above Sanders but in half-PPR and full-PPR Sanders is a much better bet. RBs that can't catch or don't catch passes are a hard sell nowadays. Drake is also a hard sell for me. Expecting a guy to break out in his 5th season isn't exactly that appealing. I understand being on the Dolphins and he did really well on the Cardinals but still... Reminds me of Forsett a bit.

Edited by Gohawks

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I actually had Jacobs ranked above Sanders but in half-PPR and full-PPR Sanders is a much better bet. RBs that can't catch or don't catch passes are a hard sell nowadays. Drake is also a hard sell for me. Expecting a guy to break out in his 5th season isn't exactly that appealing. I understand being on the Dolphins and he did really well on the Cardinals but still... Reminds me of Forsett a bit.

I do think Jacobs gets more targets this year.   I believe the lack of targets last year had a lot to do with the mobility of his shoulder.  I don't expect him to see as much as Sanders (especially with Richard coming back) but I think he gets enough that combined with the rushing will make him pretty safe.  But it's early and I could see taking Miles over him if I lose faith in my injury theory.   I hear you on Drake. 

Edited by K197040

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I do think Jacobs gets more targets this year.   I believe the lack of targets last year had a lot to do with the mobility of his shoulder.  I don't expect him to see as much as Sanders (especially with Richard coming back) but I think he gets enough that combined with the rushing will make him pretty safe.  But it's early and I could see taking Miles over him if I lose faith in my injury theory.   I hear you on Drake. 

Eh maybe but he was never a threat as a pass catcher in college either. He also apparently hurt his shoulder in the GB game. If we exclude that game he averaged 1.2 catches per game with a healthy shoulder and 1.6 with a hurt one so I don’t buy that either. 

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 1

Eagles have resigned Jason Peters who is presumably going to play right guard.

I guess that's one way to fix the Brooks-sized hole in their O-line. How easy is the shift from tackle to guard - presumably it would be easier for him in pass pro than run blocking?

18 minutes ago, DeliciousGravy said:

I guess that's one way to fix the Brooks-sized hole in their O-line. How easy is the shift from tackle to guard - presumably it would be easier for him in pass pro than run blocking?

Yeah that is a pretty smart play for PHI. I don't think the shift from tackle to guard is very difficult, esp for a player of his ilk. Moreso the shift from the left side to the right, but Peters obv knows this playbook real well and that aides a lot. I was hoping for Larry Warford to plug the guard hole and Peters for depth, but this is still very good for the offense.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, DeliciousGravy said:

Great sign for the offense as a whole! I've seen the reports saying he was signed directly for the open guard position. Peters is a vet and knows the offense inside and out. I'm sure there will be growing pains, but maybe playing more guard will help with his durability concerns. Obviously 12 games of Peters is better than probably any other FA out there, currently. All in all, great signing for the offense. Makes me feel much more confident drafting Sanders/Wentz. 

Edited by buckeyestilidie

https://www.fantasypros.com/2020/07/what-does-team-scoring-mean-to-fantasy-football/

This is one of the reasons I like Sanders (and Drake) a lot for 2020. They're both the lead back on good offenses projected to be in the top-10 in scoring. They're both capable of both rushing and receiving, not to mention big plays. These are the things you look for when you want someone to break out into a top-5 or top-8 type season. Is it a risk because we haven't seen it before or possible time-share trends? Absolutely. But remember, neither of these teams made significant moves to add RB via draft or free agency.

Additionally, to me, after the Jones/Ekeler/Drake/Sanders territory, there's a huge drop to the Gurley/Carson/Conner/Ingram territory. I want to get at least one of those first four RBs if I can't get one of the top guys. It feels like too much fighting uphill at RB later in the draft where-as WR value lasts forever.

Posted (edited)
On 7/9/2020 at 1:02 AM, Gohawks said:

In a vacuum, I'd agree, but taking into account the rest of the draft it's hard to justify taking the WR over the RB. RB is very scarce, as usual, and past round 4 you're not guaranteed an RB2 type guy.

Whenever I start WR-WR at the end of the draft, I end up hating my RBs, and I'm also forced to take 2 RB2s in the 3rd and 4th when I could still have WR1s like Kupp, Woods, Cooper, Moore, etc. Not to mention the whole draft is full of WR value picks.

5th and 6th you can get guys like Hilton, Chark, Brown, McLaurin, Parker, etc, but the best backs available there are guys in time shares. Akers and Mostert are the only 2 backs I'd be comfortable with as my RB2s if I had stacked WRs already, but you're not guaranteed any of them in the late 5th.

7th and 8th there are virtually no good RBs left besides lottery tickets, but there are still plenty of WR2 types like Boyd, Gallup, Cooks, Fuller, etc,

And 9th and 10th guys like Jones, Kirk, Slayton, Sanders, etc. make solid WR3s, with WR2 upside.

TLDR:

Best options as a late pick drafter (12-team PPR)

1) Draft 2 RBs in the 1st 2 rounds and guarantee yourself a solid draft with WR value picks in every round.

2) Draft WR-RB in 1st 2 rounds, RB-WR next 2 for slightly more risk, more reward.

If you start WR-RB-WR-WR your RB2 will be a time share vet or lottery ticket. If you start WR-WR-RB-RB you miss out on the great value pick WRs in the 3rd and 4th.

A league isn't won on draft day, but it can certainly be lost on it.

Edited by Singing in Dwayne
  • Like 4

^💯 the dropoff of the top rbs to the mid rbs is sooo much bigger than the drop from the top WRs to the mid WRs 

Not that anyone cares but miles sanders has gone as high as 5th overall in 350 dollar leagues. In rare rare cases he has even gone first overall in a screenshot fantasymojo posted on his twitter. 

If miles sanders stays healthy and gets 18 to 19 touches per game i have no doubt he has top 6 upside and maybe more. Of course I like it better when he falls to the turn but that only happened in 1 high stakes league i was in where i was 3rd overall and i took kamara. I was jealous  the person at the turn got drake sanders. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/17/2020 at 10:45 AM, isuckatdfs said:

Not that anyone cares but miles sanders has gone as high as 5th overall in 350 dollar leagues. In rare rare cases he has even gone first overall in a screenshot fantasymojo posted on his twitter. 

If miles sanders stays healthy and gets 18 to 19 touches per game i have no doubt he has top 6 upside and maybe more. Of course I like it better when he falls to the turn but that only happened in 1 high stakes league i was in where i was 3rd overall and i took kamara. I was jealous  the person at the turn got drake sanders. 

Even if one thought Sanders really is the RB1, if they're picking #1 overall why not trade down or take CMC/Saquon and trade for Sanders after the draft?

I'm a Sanders fan but I think he's overrated this year. I compare him to Mayfield last year - great on a limited sample size and potentiaI and so highly rated (luckily I missed out on my bid to get Mayfield last year). I don't trust that offense a lick. He will be overpriced in our auction draft.

1 hour ago, bomont said:

I'm a Sanders fan but I think he's overrated this year. I compare him to Mayfield last year - great on a limited sample size and potentiaI and so highly rated (luckily I missed out on my bid to get Mayfield last year). I don't trust that offense a lick. He will be overpriced in our auction draft.

I appreciate hearing this in contrast to the mega hype train (that I am indeed riding too) - What makes you distrust the offense? It seems like they should be, at worst, mid-pack. They're projected to score in the top 10-12 of teams.