Lamont Sanford

Aaron Rodgers 2020 Outlook

He looked good again yesterday. Was once again plagued by drops, at least 5 by my count including one by MVS in the endzone (would've been a nice grab but it was catchable). So frustrating to think about what he could be doing with DK Metcalf, AJ Brown, or any of the myriad of other receivers they've passed on in the past 2 drafts...

The offense looked really balanced though, and Jones was obviously electric, so there will probably be more days where Rodgers isn't called upon to do as much. Still the way he's throwing the ball and how the offense is performing looks encouraging through two weeks. 

How did the o-line do? I know they are a little banged up. Was he pressured much?

15 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

How did the o-line do? I know they are a little banged up. Was he pressured much?

He was barely touched. I think he got knocked down once. Did not get sacked. The O-line has looked good but not sure the Lions pass rush is anything to write home about. That said, they should be getting Billy Turner back soon. Next week vs NO will be a better test. 

If Adams doesn't play this week I don't think it's all doom-and-gloom for Rodgers though I think it's a risky play.  These were Rodgers' games last year when Adams didn't play, not including games where Adams may have started but left early since I'm too lazy to look those up.  Not including rushing yards either since he hardly had any.

Week 5: at Dallas: 22/34 for 238 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT

Week 6: Detroit: 24/39 for 283 yds, 2 TD, 1 INT

Week 7: Oakland: 25/31 for 429 yds, 5 TD, 0 INT; short rushing TD

Week 8: at Kansas City: 23/33 for 305 yds, 3 TD, 0 INT

On the bright side, the Saints may be able to score plenty of points even without Thomas, forcing the Packers to do so as well.  I could easily see this being another Aaron Jones monster game too.  I'd be choosing between Rodgers, Wentz, or Stafford who's on the WW.  I'm probably staying with Rodgers and hoping "Angry Aaron" is here to show off to the rest of the NFL.

46 minutes ago, herschel said:

Thoughts on this weeks matchup with no Adams against a tough NO secondary?

I think he’ll have a solid game but, nothing overpowering. He’s gonna rely on Aaron Jones a bit more.

My guess would be something like 250 yards passing, 2 tds, and no interceptions. 

Enjoy his last decent year in the league, folks. Rodgers is on his way out soon.

8 hours ago, lavaman said:

Enjoy his last decent year in the league, folks. Rodgers is on his way out soon.

What is this based on?? You have Brees and Brady still playing and Rodgers is headed for a serious decline?? 

I've seen a few of the throws he has made this year. What are you seeing that makes you think he will not be a valuable NFL QB for years?

• Like 1

Anybody who thinks this guy is DONE is wrong.

He can clearly still play.  Maybe doesn't run as much, but he's still got an arm and can still sling it.

23 hours ago, lavaman said:

This aged well.

His arm (still) looks fantastic. Man on a mission this year.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

the Aaron Rodgers FU Tour continues tonight without his his number 1 stud WR .. love it. Absolute steal in drafts this year..  Keeping slingin it Aaron!

Well losing Lazard sure does stink and Davante said he's not coming back until he's 100%  May dangle him out there to see what trade interest he gets. 

**come on OBJ, you know you want to play with Rodgers, call Antonio Brown for advice**

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZappB said:

**come on OBJ, you know you want to play with Rodgers, call Antonio Brown for advice**

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

47 minutes ago, ZappB said:

Who needs Adams when you have Angry Aaron:

You could say the Packers best draft pick last year was Jordan Love because it unleashed Angry Aaron.

• Haha 1

it always amazes me how easily people forget that he's the best qb in the league. sadly GB for some reason is not interested in superbowls

• Like 1

Just flying by here. This guy looks really good. I remember him saying in the off-season that he went back and looked at old games, and saw something. And went back to it. He didn’t say what he saw, but it’s clear he is back.