cashvillesent

Darrynton Evans 2020 Outlook

I know Derrick Henry is the man in Tennessee but THIS kid has some serious talent. He was named Sun Belt Conference Offensive Player of the Year in 2019 after ranking in the top 10 nationally with 1,480 rushing yards and 18touchdowns on 255 carries (5.8 per). He also caught 21 passes for 198 yards and five scores in 14 starts.

I think he has Kamara talent, and could be a sneaky add in majority of the leagues.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX0NiO8d0lc

Looking at the above video I'm sure the numbers are inflated, because that's a Tecmo Bowl type of difference in skill levels. It's like he's playing against high school kids, and the first plays are just too easy.

But then at 1:17 we get this:

3za7rp.gif

That is some good running between the tackles, and some great YAC. I likes it.

Edited by Boudewijn

1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX0NiO8d0lc

Looking at the above video I'm sure the numbers are inflated, because that's a Tecmo Bowl type of difference in skill levels. It's like he's playing against high school kids, and the first plays are just too easy.

But then at 1:17 we get this:

3za7rp.gif

That is some good running between the tackles, and some great YAC. I likes it.

a dangerous gif! if you stare into it long enough, you'll find yourself believing, because it is such great running. but like you say, it's big brother playing with middle-schoolers. texas state gave up an average of 216 yards to RBs last year… that’s per-game… and 118 spots away from #1 rush-defense georgia.

2 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

THIS kid has some serious talent.

why? and i ask this question sincerely.

tumblr_n075h02uPC1scbx9oo2_500.gif

• Haha 1

On 4/30/2020 at 12:16 PM, Sack Exchange said:

a dangerous gif! if you stare into it long enough, you'll find yourself believing, because it is such great running. but like you say, it's big brother playing with middle-schoolers. texas state gave up an average of 216 yards to RBs last year… that’s per-game… and 118 spots away from #1 rush-defense georgia.

why? and i ask this question sincerely.

tumblr_n075h02uPC1scbx9oo2_500.gif

Finally got around to watching him. I watched UNC and South Carolina. A lot of things to like; good balance, obviously fast, decisive, looks to be situationally smart with knowing where the first down marker is. The bad is pass protection. He is downright soft in pass pro. Correctable. He just needs to want to do it. His effort without the ball in his hands is below average too. There were definitely a few times he hung his QB out to dry by just jogging as a check down when the QB was running for his life.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, cashvillesent said:

The bad is pass protection. He is downright soft in pass pro. Correctable. He just needs to want to do it. His effort without the ball in his hands is below average too. There were definitely a few times he hung his QB out to dry by just jogging as a check down when the QB was running for his life.

good points about the pass protection.

but other than a partially torn acl in 2016, and the same in 2017---and a capsule injury to this throwing shoulder in 2018---tannehill has shown that he can take a hit, at least until something tears. 

plus, vrabel doesn't seem like the spiteful type.

giphy-downsized-large.gif 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, cashvillesent said:

Finally got around to watching him. I watched UNC and South Carolina. A lot of things to like; good balance, obviously fast, decisive, looks to be situationally smart with knowing where the first down marker is. The bad is pass protection. He is downright soft in pass pro. Correctable. He just needs to want to do it. His effort without the ball in his hands is below average too. There were definitely a few times he hung his QB out to dry by just jogging as a check down when the QB was running for his life.

Not a good pass protector huh?

Guess that must mean Henry time on passing downs

1 hour ago, cashvillesent said:

(With the preview visible, because it's worth seeing). Good clips.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

(With the preview visible, because it's worth seeing). Good clips.

Thankyou! 

sounds like this guy may get a couple carries 

I don’t see Alvin kamara level skill but definitely some tarik Cohen level skill. Just my opinion 

• Haha 1

Seems like a lot of talk about being bad in pass pro, something that the data does not appear to back up:

Pass Blocking Reps: 43rd out of 349 FBS RB qualifiers

Pass Blocking Grade: 35th out of 349 FBS RB qualifiers

According to the PFF numbers, he actually appears to be plus in his protection. Something the Titans must have identified considering they ask their RBs to pass block at a higher rate than any other team in the NFL--27% of the time. Makes sense given their high usage of play-action stuff.

I think he is also dynamite as a rusher, I had him in the same overall pre-draft tier as Swift. I think there is a lot to like about him for redraft (as a priority/premier handcuff) and as a dynasty prospect--just in case Henry is somehow let to walk after his tag this year. This is an ascending offense with a good core line that is predicated on running a ton.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Seems like a lot of talk about being bad in pass pro, something that the data does not appear to back up:

According to the PFF numbers, he actually appears to be plus in his protection. Something the Titans must have identified considering they ask their RBs to pass block at a higher rate than any other team in the NFL--27% of the time. Makes sense given their high usage of play-action stuff.

I think he is also dynamite as a rusher, I had him in the same overall pre-draft tier as Swift. I think there is a lot to like about him for redraft (as a priority/premier handcuff) and as a dynasty prospect--just in case Henry is somehow let to walk after his tag this year. This is an ascending offense with a good core line that is predicated on running a ton.

Agreed in full - I don’t quite understand why he isn’t regarded as one of the best handcuffs in fantasy this season.

On 7/7/2020 at 12:19 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

PFF is garbage. Not because of this, but in general. Made up stats.

• Haha 1

Dynasty stock just bottomed out with the Henry signing today.  No effect in redraft.

6 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

Dynasty stock just bottomed out with the Henry signing today.  No effect in redraft.

Yep, still think he is a very nice handcuff--and the early prices are reasonable, for sure...but no chance at a starting gig anytime soon.

15 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

Good to go tomorrow, wait and see i guess

Nothing to see here, I hope.

Now the unbiased opinion:

Some called him Kamara-lite in camp, which Tennessee certainly wants to incorporate, I think 3-5 carries and 3 or so receptions if he is fully healthy.

I really think he has value if Henry goes down, but that goes out the window if he can't stay healthy. Guy's been an absolute china doll thus far. 

• Like 1