The G Man

DeeJay Dallas 2020 Outlook

He's at least third (and maybe fourth) on the 'Hawks depth chart behind Carson & Penny (& Homer?). But, Carson & Penny with both be coming off significant injuries, and Penny likely not 100% to start the season so Dallas may get an opportunity sooner rather than later. Keep an eye on their backfield situation this summer. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEXcZVndiks

great long-term value. The Hawks aren't going to pay Carson and coming off of a hip injury no one knows. He has the traits to be something special and he is a prototypical Carroll Rb. He would've benefited from another year in college. Extremely raw talent that I have my eye on.

Currently ranked #41 in dynasty rookie ranks at FantasyPros so you could get him 3rd-4th round in your rookie draft.  I like him for dynasty - Carson is an FA next year and coming off a big injury.  Also Penny tore his ACL right at the end of last year and he's been underwhelming since being drafted.  Dallas has talent so possibly he gets worked in somewhat this year with both guys ahead coming off injury and perhaps takes over in 2021.  Great strength and balance.

1 hour ago, Fort4242 said:

Currently ranked #41 in dynasty rookie ranks at FantasyPros so you could get him 3rd-4th round in your rookie draft.  I like him for dynasty

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He is going to play .   I expect him to get immediate carries and be in the 10-15 touch category out of the gates. Carson may never be the same and the Seahawks know this.

If you need an example, think San Francisco and Jerick McKinnon and how he never came back.

The Seahawks are not sure about Carson, and Penny always sucked and is still injured. That leaves Deejay as the eventual RB1 in a committee with receiving threat Travis Homer.

I expect the Seahawks to get a veteran FA ( Hyde, Freeman) .  If they do not, then DeeJay will have value as a back end RB2 ROS.      ( he is not a true alpha RB)

They HOPE Carson can make it back 100%.   I do not see it happening for at least 8 weeks into the regular season if at all. ALSO-  even if Carson gets back , he is likely to get re injured.  He is one of the most violent runners in the league .   

Deejay is a legit sleeper.  

22 hours ago, Sivaro said:

He is going to play .   I expect him to get immediate carries and be in the 10-15 touch category out of the gates. Carson may never be the same and the Seahawks know this.

If you need an example, think San Francisco and Jerick McKinnon and how he never came back.

The Seahawks are not sure about Carson, and Penny always sucked and is still injured. That leaves Deejay as the eventual RB1 in a committee with receiving threat Travis Homer.

I expect the Seahawks to get a veteran FA ( Hyde, Freeman) .  If they do not, then DeeJay will have value as a back end RB2 ROS.      ( he is not a true alpha RB)

They HOPE Carson can make it back 100%.   I do not see it happening for at least 8 weeks into the regular season if at all. ALSO-  even if Carson gets back , he is likely to get re injured.  He is one of the most violent runners in the league .   

Deejay is a legit sleeper.  

I get the concern about Carson’s violent running style, but he’s still expected to be healthy and the starter by the time the season gets rolling.  Dallas couldn’t even beat out Seattle’s incumbent third-stringer Travis Homer in college.

• Like 4

Why is there no love for this guy? He will be Seattle's 3rd down back right out of the gate. 

Trouble with him is knowing when he is going to get the ball.    Carson is  #1 until he fumbles or gets hurt, and then Hyde will get run.   

I think if Hyde fades out, Deejay is a sleeper and could hit big come playoff time.

Edited by Sivaro

I like his build. Built like a brick but he is fluid, great receiver. He is gonna be valuable in return yardage leagues immediately.

Color me intrigued. I think he beats rashaad penny on the depth chart even when penny is healthy.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Silent-Trader said:

Bringing this thread back to life. If Carson is out this week, DeeJay might get some serious carries in. 

What about Travis Homer? 

6 minutes ago, The G Man said:

What about Travis Homer? 

I’ve seen Homer described as a scat back or more of a third down role player. This article seems to think Dallas is the guy to watch. I’m wondering if it’s time to pounce on my dynasty. Especially since Carson becomes a free agent after this year. 

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2020/9/30/21494554/deejay-dallas-could-fill-many-of-chris-carsons-snaps-seattle-seahawks-nfl-film-travis-homer

• Thanks 1

He should already be owned in dynasty leagues.

Regarding the article, this guy sounds a little delusional. He says Dallas is a "near every down back" and compares his "build" to Kamara, but also notes that Dallas has shorter arms, narrower shoulders, and a higher center of gravity, and then says he only compared him to Kamara "because Kamara has excelled while never really being a three-down back". 

Carson wasn't put on IR, so he still counts against the roster limit and should miss little to no time at all. Penny should be back for week 7. Hyde is still there. And Homer has been praised by Carroll for his work on special teams - his gameday spot is safe. Crowded room.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The G Man said:

What about Travis Homer? 

He's there, but he's viewed as a 3rd down back. Peter Carousel has no problem rotating RBs until he finds the one. I just grabbed Dallas as a FA lottery ticket in case something comes from it. 

Posted (edited)

could this be the day!!!!!!!!!! Lets go DeeJay

Edited by kdpat15
  • Like 1

Carlos Hyde apparently with a hamstring injury

Travis Homer with a knee contusion ....

Keep a close eye if you miss out on hyde and he doesn't play

Edited by CABLE87

2 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Carlos Hyde apparently with a hamstring injury

Keep a close eye if you miss out on hyde and doesn't play

And Travis Horner

Edited by yanksman
  • Like 2

Dallas looks like a baller.

2 minutes ago, Vendetta said:

Probably has to be the top add this week for people in need of a spot start.

Likely. Just have to watch practice reports to see how bad Hyde and maybe Homer injuries might be?

They literally won't have time to bring in someone from outside org, and they employ zero RBs on their practice squad.

Might be time to do Dallas?

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Likely. Just have to watch practice reports to see how bad Hyde and maybe Homer injuries might be?

They literally won't have time to bring in someone from outside org, and they employ zero RBs on their practice squad.

Might be time to do Dallas?

Alex Collins?

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Alex Collins?

Interesting thought, for sure. Obv knows the system to a degree. Still with COVID intake protocols he would not be able to even suit up for a few weeks--assuming he left DET without a deal, which I did not hear...but doubt considering they activated Big Bo.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Dallas looks like a baller.

Dude can’t block for ****. Had no idea where he was on one play and let the defender get right to Wilson. Very next play put on a 5th grade block on a guy, defender got right to Wilson again. Surprised more haven’t talked about this sequence, big reason why they lost. 

Edited by Sonny_D