The G Man

DeeJay Dallas 2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Dude can’t block for ****. Had no idea where he was on one play and let the defender get right to Wilson. Very next play put on a 5th grade block on a guy, defender got right to Wilson again. Surprised more haven’t talked about this sequence, big reason why they lost. 

Yup, completely missed a blitz and they got a straight-line shot at Wilson. Can't put the blame solely on him but it was a big reason the Hawks lost. 

He's probably good for a spot start but those types of misses are what keep you out of valuable passing downs.

• Like 1

What a mess. Need to set waivers tonight and there's not enough info on Hyde to indicate he'll definitely be out.

And if Dallas can't protect, maybe this is just an avoid situation since Wilson just throws the ball 60 times anyway and runs for 70 himself.

SF isn't exactly easy to run on either.

I saw the play being referenced, it was absolutely pathetic. That said, he was considered one of the best backs in the draft when it comes to pass protection, so I'm really not sure what to think at this point. 

• Haha 1

anything to see here?

Seahawks RB Carlos Hyde is dealing with hamstring tightness and is uncertain to play Week 8 against the 49ers. 

Hyde joins Seattle's backfield injury report with Chris Carson, who's week to week with a mid-foot sprain, and Travis Homer, who has a bruised knee. That leaves rookie DeeJay Dallas as the only healthy running back on the roster. Rashaad Penny is recovering from a knee injury and won't be available anytime soon. The Seahawks may be unable to bring in running back reinforcements in time to play the Niners, thanks to COVID-19 testing protocols for incoming players. Dallas could be the default workhorse back for Seattle in Week 8. He should be picked up in all leagues. 

6 hours ago, herschel said:

anything to see here?

Seahawks RB Carlos Hyde is dealing with hamstring tightness and is uncertain to play Week 8 against the 49ers. 

Hyde joins Seattle's backfield injury report with Chris Carson, who's week to week with a mid-foot sprain, and Travis Homer, who has a bruised knee. That leaves rookie DeeJay Dallas as the only healthy running back on the roster. Rashaad Penny is recovering from a knee injury and won't be available anytime soon. The Seahawks may be unable to bring in running back reinforcements in time to play the Niners, thanks to COVID-19 testing protocols for incoming players. Dallas could be the default workhorse back for Seattle in Week 8. He should be picked up in all leagues. 

I added him after some other guy burned his on Hyde.

This dude is the worst pass blocking back I’ve ever seen.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they find someone else to play of Hyde is a no go just so Wilson doesn’t end up dead.

• Haha 1

Can't add new players due to Covid restrictions.  At least not in time for the 49er game.

Betcha Hyde guts it out and plays.

• Like 1

I read an article praising his pass pro coming out of college, quoting him saying how much he loves it. Anyone watch him in college and have any insight on this? Because he looked embarrassingly bad Sunday. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I read an article praising his pass pro coming out of college, quoting him saying how much he loves it. Anyone watch him in college and have any insight on this? Because he looked embarrassingly bad Sunday. 

Kiper praises his pass protection skills in his draft day assessment as well. 

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, rylaughlin said:

Kiper praises his pass protection skills in his draft day assessment as well. 

Kiper, is sus.........

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Kiper, is sus.........

Kiper invented the phrase "Guru". Put some respeckt on his name LMAO!

Seriously, based on the last few replies, including @BGDDYKWL  and @Gohawks observations,  it seems like he was adequate in pass pro in college but still hasn't made the adjustment to the speed/technique/scheme of the NFL. Very common for young backs.

Seems like a strong pass here.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Haha 1

You cant over-react to a string of bad plays. Pass protection is something that can be worked on, and is largely considered an "Effort" thing. 

If it happens again, you hang him for it, sure. But no one is expecting a league winner out of him. A sneaky 12-13 point game could very well be in the works here, even if he is removed on 3rd downs.

I watched the film to find the bad one that I was looking for, and surprisingly while going through it I saw 3 or 4 pretty nice passing blocks that Dallas did make in the overtime period. 

The one that everyone is remembering though is pretty ugly, it's at the 4:58 mark if anyone is interested in seeing it:

Edited by vercrazy

Just now, vercrazy said:

I watched the film to find the bad one that I was looking for, and surprisingly while going through that there's probably ~3/4 pretty nice passing blocks that Dallas did make in the overtime period. 

The one that everyone is remembering though is pretty ugly, it's at the 4:58 mark if anyone is interested in seeing it:

Exactly this. 

"You build a thousand bridges in your life...and they don't call you Tony the Bridge builder. You bake a million loafs of bread, and you're not Tony the Bread Baker.......

You **** ONE goat though...."

• Haha 1

will be interesting to see if anyone practices tomorrow?

Carlos Hyde (hamstring) remained sidelined on Thursday. 

As did Chris Carson (foot) and Travis Homer (knee). Coach Pete Carroll has claimed Hyde's hamstring issue is "nothing major," but Carroll claims a lot of things. Hyde's odds of suiting up against the 49ers aren't looking terribly great, but Friday will tell the tale. The only currently practicing Seahawks back is rookie DeeJay Dallas, who has had trouble earning snaps. 

1 minute ago, TroutFister said:

i have him in a league, but i don't trust him even if hes the last man standing. 

Desperate times sometimes. I may be forced to start him and - well - just pray he falls into the end zone or he ends up with a random dump off.

Just now, oliminator123 said:

Desperate times sometimes. I may be forced to start him and - well - just pray he falls into the end zone or he ends up with a random dump off.

you gotta do what you gotta do!

I picked him up on opportunity alone - if he can flash a few plays, Pete Carroll may become smitten and it's all good from there. He just needs touches and do something with them...may be the NW version of James Robinson.

On 10/28/2020 at 1:19 PM, vercrazy said:

I watched the film to find the bad one that I was looking for, and surprisingly while going through it I saw 3 or 4 pretty nice passing blocks that Dallas did make in the overtime period. 

To be fair they brought 7 guys to the Seahawks 6 blockers including Dallas. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

To be fair they brought 7 guys to the Seahawks 6 blockers including Dallas. 

Agreed, probably would have been a problem either way, but as the RB you can't "pass off" an A-gap blitzer who is already past the center and guards, idk who he thought was going to take the guy.

4 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

Agreed, probably would have been a problem either way, but as the RB you can't "pass off" an A-gap blitzer who is already past the center and guards, idk who he thought was going to take the guy.

Yeah if he is coached to look for the linebacker first he definitely messed up. At the same time how many times does the linebacker blitz there? Half the time they show blitz and just drop back into coverage. 

• Like 1