The G Man

DeeJay Dallas 2020 Outlook

58 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

I picked him up on opportunity alone - if he can flash a few plays, Pete Carroll may become smitten and it's all good from there. He just needs touches and do something with them...may be the NW version of James Robinson.

any usage would be strictly short term.  no way he leap frogs carson or hyde if either are healthy.

2 minutes ago, herschel said:

any usage would be strictly short term.  no way he leap frogs carson or hyde if either are healthy.

Pete plays who earns RB snaps, see Carson over Penny. 

Sorry but he's not going to leapfrog Carson though lol...esp when it's not due to a lack of performance from Carson. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Child_Please said:

Sorry but he's not going to leapfrog Carson though lol...esp when it's not due to a lack of performance from Carson. 

Carson no Hyde possibly

• Thanks 1

Pick up this dude now! He will be playing at least half the snaps or more for the San Fran game.

Carson - midfoot injury week to week - DNP

Hyde -hamstring day to day - DNP

Homer - knee contusion day to day - DNP 

10 minutes ago, sillylung said:

Pick up this dude now! He will be playing at least half the snaps or more for the San Fran game.

Carson - midfoot injury week to week - DNP

Hyde -hamstring day to day - DNP

Homer - knee contusion day to day - DNP 

Is there anyone else to even steal snaps from him if these other guys sit?

Scooped him off of waivers as well after hearing that the other RB's are most likely not gonna play on Sunday. What's to say this guy doesn't get 15-18 touches, 4-6 of them being receptions? He's proving he can catch the ball at least which is very valuable in half and full, and just valuable in general. Also, SEA is gonna need TD's to keep up in this game...maybe he sneaks in the goal line. I think he's a pretty good flex this week. 

16 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Is there anyone else to even steal snaps from him if these other guys sit?

Nope, not one...though I am unfamiliar if they carry a fullback. Not another RB on their PS either. 

In this offense, he can certainly provide points--even if Russ just cooks 80% of the time.

I own Carson, Hyde, and Dallas, personally i'm hoping Carson, Hyde (and Homer) all sit so I can confidently roll out Dallas.  If both Hyde and Carson play then who knows what the right move is. Probably start both since one of the two is bound to not finish the game...

Edited by TheINC

1 hour ago, TheINC said:

I own Carson, Hyde, and Dallas, personally i'm hoping Carson, Hyde (and Homer) all sit so I can confidently roll out Dallas.  If both Hyde and Carson play then who knows what the right move is. Probably start both since one of the two is bound to not finish the game...

Not likely. I expect both out this week and Carson also out at least next week

This story is saying David Moore might get some snaps at RB. Looking very likely Dallas is the primary ball carrier Sunday. 

Edited by rylaughlin

fwiw they are bringing Alex Collins in for a look-see ... all those injuries may be worse than than we are being told atm, which is their usual M.O. anyways 

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

fwiw they are bringing Alex Collins in for a look-see ... all those injuries may be worse than than we are being told atm, which is their usual M.O. anyways 

But he wouldn’t be able to play this weekend anyway given Covid protocols. Wish I ignored Petey about how Hyde had a minor issue. Of course, now I’m up against this Deejay kid and he’ll probably be lights out. 

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

But he wouldn’t be able to play this weekend anyway given Covid protocols.

right, he has to pass protocol before he can be put on the PS ... but that's really the gist of my point - they are looking for help beyond this week, which leads one to believe they know those guys are banged up more than they've let on. 

• Like 1

Wasn’t the earlier talk of this guy was that he couldn’t block a high schooler from getting to Russ? How is this going to work?

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

Wasn’t the earlier talk of this guy was that he couldn’t block a high schooler from getting to Russ? How is this going to work?

Well, he's had seven regular season weeks to watch, practice and learn. Maybe he got better?

Running back DeeJay Dallas was a steal in the 2020 NFL Draft

In quite the deep crop of running backs in the 2020 NFL Draft, Miami running back DeeJay Dallas slipped under the radar. Despite seeming like a reach early in day-three, the Seattle Seahawks pulled the trigger on him; Dallas could turn out to be one of the best value picks of the draft.

Even with a crowded running back room in Seattle, it would not be a surprise to see Dallas rise to the top of the depth chart within an 18 month span. Carrying over Chris Carson, Rashaad Penny, and Travis Homer, the Seahawks then took another day-three flyer on Dallas, one of the more underrated backs of the draft.

Making Dallas’ life harder already, however, the Seahawks then went on to sign veteran running back Carlos Hyde to a one-year deal. One thing is certain, however, Seattle will not carry five running backs into the regular season; given that Dallas is a new draft pick of this year, it would be shocking to see him get the axe barring an abysmal preseason and training camp.

During all three years with the Miami Hurricanes, Dallas never managed to rush for 1,000 yards, but that should not drive eyes away from his tape. Never given an ample amount of carries, Dallas made the most out of his opportunities, averaging nearly six yards per carry over his career.

Rushing, however, is just the surface of Dallas’ game. Rushing for a total of over 1,500 yards and 17 touchdowns during his career with the Hurricanes, Dallas was recruited as an athlete out of high school, making it apparent he is comfortable as a receiver out of the backfield as well.

Where Dallas flashes most on tape, however, is when he is neither running or catching the ball. Instead, when he is asked to stay in and block in pass protection, Dallas can absolutely get after it and is one of the best backs in the class in picking up his assignments.

To take him in the fourth round with a deep group of backs already on the roster, the Seahawks must have seen something in DeeJay Dallas they found irresistible.

https://withthefirstpick.com/2020/06/05/dee-jay-dallas-great-value-2020-nfl-draft/

Lockett and DK will be the real beneficeries here. I expect both will get carries along with an increased volume in the passing game. Russell himself will run a lot and it could be Greg Olsens break out game. Dallas is up against it by himself in the backfield

31 minutes ago, Strikeforce316 said:

I’d grab a backup kicker if you have room instead, nothing to see here.

I changed my mind, I’m all in!

choo! 
choo!

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, CooL said:

He was actually lauded for his pass pro coming out, I'm not too worried. He said the game was a wake-up call for him, came into the night as the 4th RB on the depth chart and was thrust into action in a close OT game after 3 RB injuries... I think with a week to prepare/the confidence of knowing he'll have a role going in, he'll improve. I'll be between him and Hasty depending on Coleman's status.

Also, came across this Twitter thread about his pass pro in the ARI game. He really only had 1 bad-bad miss on an assignment, a lot of the pressure was due to OL/TE and Russ not changing plays at the line. 

• Like 2

He needs to smash San Fran to carve out a fantasy relevant role.

hopefully we get a report on hyde for this week...i got carson, hyde, an dallas on the bench....killing me here....i bet that hyde plays but will end up bein the backup and we wont know that...they got to have a reserve behind this guy...going in with one back is not going to happen