Fort4242

Bryan Edwards 2020 Outlook

some people are in deep leagues. on dk bestball you go 20 rounds no kicker no defense so he shuld def be 100 percent rostered in those leagues. In a 150 dollar league where i spent like a fat iglet on cmac ceh j taylor dobbins and was only left with dollar store people to spend i got ruggs and b edwards for a dollar. Not optimal startegy we shall see how it works out.

4 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

What if Gruden decides Edwards has enough to his game to make Williams expendable?

tenor.gif

Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nooooooooooo.

• Haha 1

Raiders rookie Bryan Edwards is “already gaining the trust” of QB Derek Carr.

"I've always been a guy —  I love throwing the ball up and giving guys chances. That's kind of how Bryan is,” Carr said. “He's the guy that wherever I put the ball, I have confidence that he can separate, make an extended catch. He's an exciting guy.” The hype on Edwards has carried over to padded practices. He’s repped with the first team and there’s talk Edwards could open the year in a top-three role. Edwards, who started as a 17-year-old freshman at South Carolina, hasn’t been slowed by a Raiders scheme that asks a lot from its receivers. Edwards is one of the bigger training camp risers.

Aug 21, 2020, 7:27 PM ET

18 hours ago, lvsaint429 said:

I kinda thought Ruggs (4.27 40 at the combine) was drafted to be the deep threat & keep those safeties back. Waller & Renfrow have proven themselves as reliable chain movers. It would be a waste to not take advantage of his speed on the deeper routes

Nah, that’s just what the people who don’t know Ruggs’ game think. He only ran go routes on 11.4% of his routes at Alabama over the past two seasons. That’s less than Jeudy(11.5%), Lamb (20%), Jefferson (15%), Reagor (17%), Aiyuk (17%), Higgins (25%), Pittman (20%), and Shenault (13%) over the same time frame.

Ruggs makes his hay on screens, slants, ins, and crossing patterns.

18 hours ago, Panthers8912 said:

Loved him coming into the league and glad to see these positive blurbs, but idk why anyone would draft him this year. Will be on my radar for next year once he’s better, isn’t getting boned as a rookie with no OTAs, coming off a lower body injury, and just in general a crowded wr room

I drafted him late in a league with an 11-man bench. Why not? 

• Like 1

Edwards's value starting to climb with the news of Williams hurt.

On 8/22/2020 at 5:10 PM, MJJ28 said:

Nah, that’s just what the people who don’t know Ruggs’ game think. He only ran go routes on 11.4% of his routes at Alabama over the past two seasons. That’s less than Jeudy(11.5%), Lamb (20%), Jefferson (15%), Reagor (17%), Aiyuk (17%), Higgins (25%), Pittman (20%), and Shenault (13%) over the same time frame.

Ruggs makes his hay on screens, slants, ins, and crossing patterns.

There are more deep patterns than just a simple go route, and taking deep shots with Ruggs' speed will open up the shorter YAC plays for him later. Of course getting him the ball in stride is ideal, but it could be done on skinny posts or deeper crossing routes too.  With Williams having foot problems last year & now a torn labrum this year, I can see him getting phased out of the offense completely due to the camp reviews of Edwards' game.  Edwards profiles better as the possession, chain-mover, red-zone target. If any Raider is gonna lift the lid of defenses, it's gonna be Ruggs

Sounds like with this Tyrell Williams injury, he’s running with the 1’s. 

Anything to see here? 

Him and Reagor are must have fliers IMO. Some analysts are predicting him to be the best receiver in Vegas this year, which I agree to be a hot take, but still.

• Like 1

Bryan Edwards has been the starting X receiver at Raiders camp.

Tyrell Williams (shoulder) is questionable for Week 1, setting up Edwards for snaps on the outside. Edwards quietly opened camp with the first-team offense and has been the star of 11-on-11 drills. The Athletic’s Tashan Reed thinks the Raiders “don’t want people to know how good they think Edwards is” and “won’t hesitate” to play him. It’s looking possible the Raiders let both Edwards and Henry Ruggs open the season as starters.

RELATED: 

Henry Ruggs

SOURCE: The Athletic

Aug 30, 2020, 11:34 AM ET

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 1:18 AM, jeremyt7 said:

Easy bench stash with all the recent news coming out.

Not out of the realm of possibilities he is the best rookie WR this year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gbill2004 said:

Where's the "it's happening" gif? 

How happening?  Drop PIttman for him in re-draft?

1 minute ago, EWV1 said:

How happening?  Drop PIttman for him in re-draft?

Tyrell Williams was placed on IR today. It's happening!!!

Im curious if this man can actually stay healthy. I thought the Raiders stole this man during the draft. 1st round talent with 4th round injury concerns. I took him with my last pick in fantasy.

On 8/31/2020 at 2:18 AM, jeremyt7 said:

Easy bench stash with all the recent news coming out.

It definitely helps but I dont think Tyrell was some kind of roadblock to Edwards.

Edited by Evincar

I didn't either, but now just one less mouth to feed. Which bodes well for Bryan Edwards owners cause Tyrell was kind of their big body wr which is the mold of Bryan. Imagine Tyrell playing all season injured not producing but at the same time stealing snaps:targets from Bryan and Tyrell still stinking it up. 

This team should see plenty of negative game scripts. I’ve heard he’s gotten more consistent reps than Zay Jones and Agholor. Provides a different skill set than Hunter Renfrow and Henry Ruggs. Carr loved throwing to Crabtree in the past and got T Williams some good production last season.