LarryDavid

A.J. Brown 2020 Outlook

11 hours ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

If he's practicing by week 5 or 6 I'd be shocked. 

A bone bruise could be a few weeks or several months to heal. Since this is 2020, I'd bet the latter.

https://www.healthline.com/health/bone-bruise#treatments

With injuries to C-Mac, Bell, AJ and Mostert (in addition to Julio's balky hamstring), I may not be able to hold when byes come around. Very unfortunate.

It sucks he got the bone bruise. He's not going to live up to his draft price, that much is certain. If you're able to hold on to him though, I could still see him produce when he gets back. It's just important they don't rush him back, then he'll be useless.

I'd wait a few more weeks, and then start to target him as a buy low. Given the injury, I think there's a chance he's back by week 8, after the Titans bye week. Would take a few weeks to shake the rust off, but could easily be himself for the weeks 10-13 stretch run, and the playoffs. (The last few years, this is when the Titans offense has looked the most dangerous as well) This injury happened early enough in the season where this dude can easily still make an impact.

If I start to hear he'll play Week 4 or 5, I'm likely trying to trade him because that will just feel rushed to me. A.J. Brown needs his explosiveness. 

Again, now we have the confirmation. That week-to-week prognosis was very optimistic from the start. Don't expect to see him until week 8, after the bye. If you want Brown to have value other than being a decoy upon returning, that's the best outcome.  2 months removed from the injury instead trying to rush him back. 

When has anyone ever had a bone bruise that cost nearly this much time? I honestly don’t remember it ever costing anyone more than a week or two. Is it because of the location of the contusion? 

1 hour ago, TheForearmShiver said:

When has anyone ever had a bone bruise that cost nearly this much time? I honestly don’t remember it ever costing anyone more than a week or two. Is it because of the location of the contusion? 

Seems like quite sometime to be on the self for a balky knee. 

1 hour ago, TheForearmShiver said:

Bone bruises are tough injuries

1 minute ago, vthokie3 said:

Looking like week 8 after the bye is best case scenario 

I’d say that’s the worst case and most likely scenario 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Looking like week 8 after the bye is best case scenario 

If he was expected to be out that long he'd be on IR.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LongBalls said:

If he was expected to be out that long he'd be on IR.

That's fair but I could see them putting him on IR this upcoming week based of schefty's report. 

1 minute ago, vthokie3 said:

That's fair but I could see them putting him on IR this upcoming week based of schefty's report. 

They may, but I'd be surprised. I suspect they have a good eye on his recovery timeline now. It's likely 2-4 weeks or they'd have put him on IR already.

10 minutes ago, blazehound said:

I’d say that’s the worst case and most likely scenario 

Worst case is he doesn't return this year best case is after the bye. 

25 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Bone bruises are tough injuries

But when have we seen this? It’s a contusion. That’s never been an 8 week injury - or even a 4-week injury. I can’t believe that is the timeline some are putting out there for a contusion. I’m not saying it’s not a bad injury I just don’t remember anything like this with this injury. 

20 minutes ago, TheForearmShiver said:

But when have we seen this? It’s a contusion. That’s never been an 8 week injury - or even a 4-week injury. I can’t believe that is the timeline some are putting out there for a contusion. I’m not saying it’s not a bad injury I just don’t remember anything like this with this injury. 

This says 1-2 months recovery time for bone contusion 

https://www.healthline.com/health/what-is-a-contusion#treatment

36 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Worst case is he doesn't return this year best case is after the bye. 

Wouldn’t best case be next week?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MagikarpeDiem said:

Wouldn’t best case be next week?  

No because it’s unrealistic. You could say the best case is AJB invents a time machine, avoids getting hurt and scores 200 points in week 1 and 2. That’s not happening and neither is a return next week.

Just now, mulhollandvelvet said:

No because it’s unrealistic. You could say the best case is AJB invents a time machine, avoids getting hurt and scores 200 points in week 1 and 2. That’s not happening and neither is a return next week.

I don’t think you understand what best case scenario means

• Like 1

As long as when he finally plays he’s 100%, as if the injury never happened, I’m okay with waiting. I’d rather wait a couple extra weeks for the AJ Brown we drafted than deal with him being a decoy, or a lesser version of himself. He doesn’t get a ton of volume to begin with, we need him to be 100% to take full advantage if the targets he does get.

Anybody heard anything about this guy? I haven't been able to find any additional info. The last bit was about his bone bruise not responding to treatment and him maybe going on IR. Honestly at this point I kind of hope they do just put him on IR. It doesn't look like he's playing for at least another couple weeks and at least if he's on IR i can use his bench spot.