LarryDavid

A.J. Brown 2020 Outlook

We saw last year from game 7 forward what healthy AJB does with Tanny. He’s a bonafide superstar.  I don’t disagree that he had a few nice things going for him this game but the game script was terrible so to me it’s a wash.  I don’t really get the nit picking and over thinking, in two games he’s got a healthy 17 targets and he’s physically stable again, him not being a top 10 reciever ROS would actually be a dissapointment.

Edited by cheezor42

1 hour ago, herschel said:

Josh Norman in 2020 is a below average corner.

Ok he's a below average corner. AJ Brown dominated this entire defense and he'll do it again.

12 hours ago, n4sa said:

Ok he's a below average corner. AJ Brown dominated this entire defense and he'll do it again.

Can I get an amen to demolishing the one guy who threw cold water on AJ Brown? lol

Corey Davis had one good game in week 1- week 1s every year are not an indication of years to come. 

It looks like the coaching staff knows their bread is buttered by going through AJ Brown in the passing game. First game back, and without practice with the team, and he was humming to a WR1 finish yesterday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I do worry with the general low passing output for this offense. Titans would like nothing more than to just sit on the ball and slop their way to wins. As long as Brown get's appropriate targets, he's a top 15-20 WR at least.

5 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

I do worry with the general low passing output for this offense. Titans would like nothing more than to just sit on the ball and slop their way to wins. As long as Brown get's appropriate targets, he's a top 15-20 WR at least.

this is a very tired narrative at this point. This team averages like 35 points per game.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

Their schedule is pretty medium to hard the rest of the way, and their defense had one good game (yesterday was kind of a fluke with the way the bills played.)

4 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

this is a very tired narrative at this point. This team averages like 35 points per game.

Exactly. As long as the game script was positive for him last night (in the first half), he looked like a bonafide WR1. Their defense isn't as good as it was last year and teams may stack the box against Henry forcing Tannehill to chuck it. We know exactly who the alpha dog reciever is in Tennesee.

Edited by fantasyscholar

12 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

35 PPG yet Tannehill is 20th is passing yards PG. Last year he was 25th. How is that a tired narrative?

14 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

35 PPG yet Tannehill is 20th is passing yards PG. Last year he was 25th. How is that a tired narrative?

Volume was never that much of a concern. It was Tannehill turning back into a pumpkin.

22 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

Because none of that matters.  Look at the fantasy numbers that Tanny and healthy* brown continue to crank out as a pair.  Everything else is just cherry picking stats to try and explain why there’s no way he can keep it up. Meanwhile his owners will profit all year long.

Tanny is ballin. There will be shootouts. AJ is the clear alpha. Teams have to respect the run. Don’t overthink it.

Edited by cheezor42
  • Like 2

Yeah, I noticed that.  To be honest, I don't know if they ever removed the Questionable from him.  I haven't heard of a new injury, so I assume he's going to play.

The injury report is still saying knee, and none on the injury list practiced today--I assume because it was a Tuesday game.  I'm not worried about it.

Edited by fbi314159
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, pierceNKC said:

Listed as Questionable again???

just getting some rest to keep healing up. Obviously he doesn’t need to practice anyways so why not let him rest up given the faster than average turnaround between games.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whatisfootball said:

No practice today but they did play on Tuesday. Should we be concerned?

It's their Wednesday, my dudes. 

• Like 2

Obviously AJB and/or the entire Titans team don’t need practice as we saw Tuesday night.  I’d rather he not practice!  That’s where the injury happened anyway.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

AJB about to make Roby look like a boy. 

IDK man- Roby's looked pretty good this year. Maybe a ceiling limiting week but I imagine AJ Brown still a good shot for 60-70 and a TD 

10 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

IDK man- Roby's looked pretty good this year. Maybe a ceiling limiting week but I imagine AJ Brown still a good shot for 60-70 and a TD 

Roby has kept most of his WRs in check this year... BUT most of those WRs have been smaller, speedier guys.  I think AJB poses a good matchup problem for Roby, and we should see some 50-50 balls benefit AJB for sure

5 minutes ago, afro insomniac said:

So now that he is off the injury report, given the ROS, what are we looking like high end WR2/potential WR1?

minimum rock solid WR2, upside is top 5 just like last year.  Where he will fall in that range has been the subject of debate for all 20 pages and won’t get cleared up until the season ends 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cheezor42 said:

minimum rock solid WR2, upside is top 5 just like last year.  Where he will fall in that range has been the subject of debate for all 20 pages and won’t get cleared up until the season ends 

It will likely be a question of volume and efficiency - same discussion to be had with Jonnu and really any pass-catcher in this offence (not that there are others worth discussing). 

Brown is hyper efficient with his touches and passes the eye test with flying colors. But if he’s capped at like 7 targets a game he’s going to have a hard time being a WR1, I think. 

[...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

7 minutes ago, MingusDew said:

It will likely be a question of volume and efficiency - same discussion to be had with Jonnu and really any pass-catcher in this offence (not that there are others worth discussing). 

Brown is hyper efficient with his touches and passes the eye test with flying colors. But if he’s capped at like 7 targets a game he’s going to have a hard time being a WR1, I think. 

[...]

he’s already had 17 targets over 2 games so that’s a plus, one of which he was injured and they had all their weapons and the other where the game script basically prevented him from getting 2-4 more targets in the last third of the game.  He’s so good they won’t want to leave a game without targeting him at least 7-8 times.  If he averages 8-9 targets a game I do think he’s good enough to be a WR1.

9 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

he’s already had 17 targets over 2 games so that’s a plus, one of which he was injured and they had all their weapons and the other where the game script basically prevented him from getting 2-4 more targets in the last third of the game.  He’s so good they won’t want to leave a game without targeting him at least 7-8 times.  If he averages 8-9 targets a game I do think he’s good enough to be a WR1.

I think I agree with you. Talent like his demands opportunity so he might end up getting the lion's share of passing looks with Jonnu getting more attention in GL situations.

He's a borderline WR1/2 at minimum IMO. Tons of upside here.

Edited by MingusDew
  • Like 1

Love AJ Brown. Watching him play last year and last week he really reminds me of a smaller Julio Jones. Just the body type, the route running, ect... He just isn't as big. 

Of course, that's a high comparison, but I think he is so talented.  Yes, the offense isn't an air raid offense, but in a way I think it might help him.  With Derek Henry being such a beast he should face a lot of single coverage. If the Titans can continue to work that play actions well then he won't need much to get seperation and Tanny has shown he can get him the ball.    I don't think he will have too many, if any 10 catch games, but he should be able to sit in that 5-7 range with 80-100 yards.  He's easily their WR1.